Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411979 Posts in 69458 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 01, 2024, 05:27:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)GIFs of games being worked on
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 297
Print
Author Topic: GIFs of games being worked on  (Read 1220577 times)
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1520 on: February 03, 2014, 09:15:50 PM »

nice try, Geti  Wink Hand Thumbs Up Right
Wink Wink

also, OT: @geti, how did you like angelscript for Kag? recommend?
Very easy to bind, performance isn't fantastic but familiar syntax and active development are certainly plusses. I'd recommend it with a few caveats, like ensuring you don't put performance critical stuff in AS and being aware that you'll have to spend some time building systems for things like runtime reloading/recompiling and be aware of potential bytecode incompatibilities between platforms.

That fire looks pretty good, I presume it's somewhat sped up?

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1521 on: February 03, 2014, 09:31:28 PM »

Yeah the gif is sped up heaps. Thx for the advice, there's surprisingly little amount of angelscript discussion on the web I found.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1522 on: February 03, 2014, 09:41:56 PM »

Yeah I dont think it's very widespread, but there was recently another update and the guy developing it is responsive if you have questions. I'd advise doing a small pilot implementation in a branch, scripting something like an entity's position or printing stuff to the console to see how you go, then if you like it go ahead and bind everything.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1523 on: February 03, 2014, 09:44:44 PM »

Yeah I'd probably do a small side-project with it to evaluate it first. ta.

EvilDingo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1524 on: February 04, 2014, 02:31:20 AM »

currently using fog/draw color as lighting... Droop gm 8.1

Why do I want to play this so much? There is a game sort of like this called, crap, I forgot. But I immediately recognized the layout from Ultima Underworld in it.

There is something about pixel textures and dark corridors that draws me in.

Kikekun
Level 0

Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1525 on: February 04, 2014, 04:04:37 AM »

From our devlog: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38135.0
Some early basic combat level...

Twitter: @SuperMegaTeam
Noppy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1526 on: February 04, 2014, 04:14:45 AM »

Hi all.

Working on Mutant Gangland www.mutantgangland.com.
It's a uncomplicated turn-based strategy game set amid a futuristic gangwar between mutants and robots.
I do all pixels. Designing these character is a lot of fun. It has become a project of love.

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1527 on: February 04, 2014, 08:10:01 AM »

Hah I was just checking out your game on youtube last night, I really like the mood! You should start a devlog on here if you haven't already.

Any plans for an iOS release?

Noppy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1528 on: February 04, 2014, 12:00:28 PM »

Hi mate,

Thanks! I put a lot of time in the game's lore and story (of which I won't spoil too much yet)
Where did you see the game? Was it an LP?

I won't rule out a IOS release in the far far future but we'd have to rebuild the game.
Right now we're focusing all out lazers to Linux, MacOs, Windows and Android.

Pinqu!
Level 1

So it has come to this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1529 on: February 04, 2014, 12:32:00 PM »

Mutant Gangland looks awesome, coincidentally I just read about it on Control Magazine this morning.

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1530 on: February 04, 2014, 02:18:40 PM »

Hi mate,

Thanks! I put a lot of time in the game's lore and story (of which I won't spoil too much yet)
Where did you see the game? Was it an LP?

I won't rule out a IOS release in the far far future but we'd have to rebuild the game.
Right now we're focusing all out lazers to Linux, MacOs, Windows and Android.

Actually found it while browsing itch.io and started digging up more info from there.

Blink
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1531 on: February 04, 2014, 04:31:53 PM »

bwaraghsadsa!!

also, OT: @geti, how did you like angelscript for Kag? recommend?

It looks like tiles are being used for the individual parts that burn, and being next to a burning tile makes the current tile catch on fire. Can you change the density/weight of each tile so the trunk takes longer to burn up than the leaves? It would be awesome to see all the leaves burn off before the trunk burnt down (so it catches fire bottom to top, but disappears top to bottom).

Either way, awesome effect! If you're in Unity, you should throw some physics in there for extra tree burning realism Wink
Noppy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1532 on: February 05, 2014, 04:16:32 AM »

@ Pinqu: That means you're Dutch. Correct? :D As am I.

@ Reilly: Strangely enough we get 0 sales from the frontpage of itch.io. So far all of our sales are from friends and family. Maybe people don't really like the alpha approach?

EDIT: I just saw in the analytics that the game has recently been bought by a certain Reilly? related? :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:48:19 AM by Noppy » Logged

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 05, 2014, 06:17:04 AM »

These two need to work on their aim, they've been going at it for 10 minutes now.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1534 on: February 05, 2014, 06:29:24 AM »

just re-released my first commercial title for free http://www.indiedb.com/games/rune-masters/news/rune-masters-released-for-free

Pinqu!
Level 1

So it has come to this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1535 on: February 05, 2014, 06:39:15 AM »

@ Noppy: Yep I am Dutch and probably not the only one around here Ninja

Sorry to hear your game hasn't been picked up yet. Getting some attention for your game might even be harder then making the actual game Tongue But like Reilly said a devlog is a good place to start. Also you might wanna consider getting in touch with http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/, http://indiegames.com/ and http://www.pixelprospector.com/ perhaps they want to publish a article about your game. Also make sure to get a profile at the IndieDB and GameJolt if you haven't got one already.

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1536 on: February 05, 2014, 08:17:51 AM »

@ Reilly: Strangely enough we get 0 sales from the frontpage of itch.io. So far all of our sales are from friends and family. Maybe people don't really like the alpha approach?

EDIT: I just saw in the analytics that the game has recently been bought by a certain Reilly? related? :D

One and the same. Smiley

As for the lack of sales... I think itch.io is a fantastic platform for indie game makers, but hasn't gained enough traction yet. They only have 1,000 followers on twitter for example. You're going to have to promote yourself in order to grab some attention. Adding a simple tutorial to show new players how to everything works will have a pretty significant effect on first impressions. I think you should make that a high priority.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1537 on: February 05, 2014, 08:35:36 AM »

just re-released my first commercial title for free http://www.indiedb.com/games/rune-masters/news/rune-masters-released-for-free

Can't download it w/o Desura installed .. Sad
Noppy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1538 on: February 05, 2014, 10:17:15 AM »

@Pinqu and Reilly: I'm working on a devlog now. It's gonna be posted on the www.mutantgangland.com site and probably also on tigsource. As for marketing. We're going to make another push at the start of the weekend when we have our update out. It has some interface changes that make it easier to play and understand.  We did a bit of a soft launh last week but we are beginning to hand out free games to player who like to twitch or youtube about it.

I'm looking forward to the next version!

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1539 on: February 05, 2014, 01:33:18 PM »

Can't download it w/o Desura installed .. Sad

http://spiffygoats.com/files/Rune_Masters_full.rar

Noir

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 297
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic