Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412072 Posts in 69447 Topics- by 58483 Members - Latest Member: Exye

June 25, 2024, 03:12:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessGame Advertising Online - somebody got experience to share?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game Advertising Online - somebody got experience to share?  (Read 635 times)
Schrompf
Level 10

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« on: March 12, 2013, 02:00:39 AM »

Hello gals and guys. Recently I got contacted by an "Account Executive" from Game Advertising Online. Apparently she read an article about the german indie scene linking to my game and she offered me to aid in promoting my game.

From what I gathered from their website (after unblocking it in Ghostery Grin) they achieve this mainly by banner ads, although the Terms and Conditions imply that they're one of the friendlier kind of ads. My question to you is now:

- Does anyone have previous experience with Game Advertising Online and cares to share it?

Thanks for your time!

Bye, Thomas

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
petertos
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 02:06:47 AM »

Hi,

if they use Google Adwords, which you could use directly if you liked, you have to note that click-through prices are so low. Don't pay more than $0,02 per click. Or at least this was the scenario 4 months ago.

EDIT:
For the display network (banners) and gaming sites.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:14:12 AM by petertos » Logged

Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 09:31:36 AM »

I used GAO for a short while, they are an old and reputable ad network. They do not use google AdWords, they have their banners mostly on browser games and browser games toplists. Decent performance IIRC (but that was a while ago).

As for prices, you should expect something between $0.05 - $0.10 CPC (much cheaper than google, but more expensive than an average ad network).

Generally, you could try them (but note this is an ad network targetted at browser games, no clue how it will perform for downloadable games).

Stellar Monarch 2 (dev log, IN DEVELOPMENT)
Stellar Monarch (dev log, released)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic