Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:42:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAssassin non-linear game: Free to Kill
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Assassin non-linear game: Free to Kill  (Read 4387 times)
geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2008, 07:28:59 PM »

Let's be obvious. Assassin games are the best. And I'm proposing one.

This will be topdown, non-linear, 2d action. The premise is that you're an assassin, but you're free to kill anyone you so please. But watch out! People will gang up on you if you kill their friends--every character will have a personality, and each will help their friends--which are randomly assigned. On the technical side, I think the way to do that would be to make a random ID for each object.

You could get missions to kill anyone--since everyone is, essentially, a character. You'd go up to them, maybe stalk them or even snipe them from a rooftop, though I don't know how that would work on a topdown game... Their friends will notice after a while(or, if they are next to the victim, they will immediately act.)

If someone sees you kill a victim, they will act based upon their attributes. A strong person may pick up some stray "weapons", and start chasing after you--or where they think you are! You could even be a target for assassination--paranoia is key. A weak person may run for cover, get help, or call 911.

I've brought all my cards to the table. What do you guys think? I have a very bad demo available, I might release it next month.

Blog
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 08:54:12 PM by geel9 » Logged
Mush
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 10:37:45 PM »

Sup  Cool
Anyway, sounds like it would be fun. But good lucky making it, seems like it will be hard.
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 12:46:00 AM »

It's an interesting idea but I've found that usually when people bring ideas to attention like this it's usually not a good idea. I mean if you have a bad demo then it's ok, but sometimes talking about an idea and not having anything to show for it usually, (for what ever reason), makes the project just bomb and fail and stay uncreated.

Pretty cool idea though  Beer! Reminds me of the old GTA games before they went 3D.
geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 08:26:12 AM »

Don't worry, I'm dedicated to making this as good as possible--not commercial quality, but INDY quality! Tongue
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 04:29:57 PM »

Coupled with a random sprite and name generator, you're golden. The locations could be non-generative, so that the player can develop strategies over time. It sounds like a pretty good idea, in all!

geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »

The name generator'd be easy, but it's the sprite generator...
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 06:51:55 PM »

You could maybe have two or three different sprites, then assign random hex codes for the different colors of shirts or whatever.

geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 07:57:57 PM »

Hey, I have a blog now. http://free2kill.blogspot.com/

I'm working with about 6 people to make this dream a reality.
medieval
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 05:43:17 AM »

Six is waay too much. I have experience with that stuff.
geel9
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 08:20:16 PM »

This dream is being made a reality! Head over to http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3322.0

for an alpha!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic