Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:53:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDoritos Game Design Contest Hilarity
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Doritos Game Design Contest Hilarity  (Read 8013 times)
ChrisFranklin
Level 1

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2007, 11:31:51 AM »

So apparently Doritos is holding some sort of contest where you submit a game design idea, and if you win they'll give you a sweet home theater system and make your idea into a real XBox Live Arcade game, yadda yadda yadda.  The real joy from this contest doesn't come from entering it, it comes from reading through some of the submissions.  It's as if someone has finally given every 14 year old with a design idea a soap box to show off their badly conceived plot and sketch drawn in English class to the whole world.  Examples, you ask?

Krispin:

3rd Person GOWish gain moves w/ experience The planet of Krisp has been taken over by an evil warlord named Pringulus. Pringulus has come to Krisp to find the most prescious energy source in the universe, the DORITO. DORITOS are very rare and only found on Krisp. If you eat a DORITO you will gain power beyond your wildest dreams, but with those powers comes a curse. You must eat a gorthog of DORITOS every year. Using his minions known as pringlots he enslaves the inhabitants of Krisp, and forces them to mine for DORITOS.

Sack a Jawea:

Some poor soul has no idea of the importance of the chips inside those durable steel like bags so he empties out around 10 bags of "chips" a day so he can capture the DEADLY Jawea with these steel like bags Later he finds out If he just ate or, more importantly shared some of those "contents" (could be doritos or a look alike tortilla chip, or a funun or mothball mmmmm moth balls) he would not have needed to spend so much time hating but could have solved there problems an easier way i just came up with this all my ideas i have 3Danimaitions of are to big $$ for this kind of project but id love to help

Doritos Is Life:

Players in the year 2089 are set out to destroy the government specifically the first woman president Halle Berry. Macho men around the us have forged a league against the presidency. MS. Berry has decided to destroy tHE CHIPS KNOW AS DORITOS. Doritos is a currency and she has decided to prohibit the eating of doritos. Your online handle is Optimus Dorito and you must infiltrate the Blue House and stop her factories from destroying the chips you love. Your resistance group is a small band of mercenaries who love the 360 and and playing football. The lastest bag of Doritos Ultimate three cheese queseda nacho is only for eating.

A lot of these have absolutely got to be fake, and some of them that aren't just make me sad.  But take a look through the archives and post whatever hilarious design images and summaries you can find!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 12:12:54 PM by ChrisFranklin » Logged
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 12:10:04 PM »

http//www.unlockxbox.com/gameIdeas/viewGameIdeas.aspx

Fixed link.

This one's good! No wait. What does it have to do with Doritos?

Here is a game for those true motor heads out there. You start off as an independent puller paying for your vechicle (Tractor or Truck) out of your own pocket. As you win more pulls or recieve heigher placing you are awarded cash. With this cash you may purchase new equipment to upgrade your vehicle trying to make it on of the best in the world. Along with winning cash manufactures come to you with sponsorships. This would be a great game illistrate the competition that goes on between the differnet manufactures.

uh yeah. great idea, genius

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 02:34:41 PM »

Quote from: rinkuhero
Six villains calling themselves THEY WHO ARE AGAINST JUNK FOOD have begun spreading propaganda about our chip: The DORRITO. They're calling it unhealthy and promoting outdated foods instead. You're a "private eye" hired to discredit them. Each must be made the object of ridicule. But, the situation changes when you fall in love with one of them, which makes you question your alliances... do you turn to the side of the natural food terrorists, and go up against your own chip? Where DO your loyalties lie? Find out in... Dorrito: Second Thoughts

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 02:37:01 PM »

Haha, awesome. Smiley

glambourine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 03:01:04 PM »

I like the idea of a game where a fat, bloated, disgusting competitive eater has to win a major chip-eating competition by eating as many chips as possible without his stomach exploding.  So there'd be some tricky balancing puzzles, you see.  You'd get additional "digestive abilities" by eating different flavors of chip, and you'd face various status conditions like insulin shock, chronic diarrhea, major depression (halving your eating rate) and other terrible ailments.  You'd also have to fight a team of wacky, inexplicably trim rivals, a la Team Rocket.

There could be RPG cut scenes about him watching banal TV and eating double handfuls of Nacho Cheesier out of a two-quart mixing bowl, crying about love lost--only the glory of the competition can truly sate that hunger now, you see.  That DORITOS hunger.

It would be beautiful and true.
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 01:53:04 AM »

They'll never beat the finest crisp-sponsored game of them all...

http://s64.emuunlim.com/gameinfos/actionbiker/actionbiker.htm Wink

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 04:33:06 AM »

This reminds me of when the game Chex Quest used to come in chex cereal. You played as a piece of chex mix that had to send back mutant aliens to their home planet. It was an awesome game, and a pretty good cereal too.

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 06:25:26 AM »

Monosodium Glutamate: The RPG

ptoing
Pixelhead
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 09:15:07 AM »

The best crisps sponsored game EVER is Pushover, which was sponsored by Quavers.

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 09:55:29 AM »

Someone didn't read the rules:
ranger muldoon gameplay : it would be a large free roam island like just cause, you start off as the mercenary muldoon swimming to shore from a capsized ship ...when you reach the shore its up to you to survive and explore the island for a radio or fellow humans ...the player will immediately have to look for a large spear like stick and use it to kill dinosaurs until he gets to the compound on foot 10 kilometers away, once at the compound he will have to fight a nest of velociraptors to get access to a large arsenal of guns that will come in handy for the exploration portion of the game. when you get to the compound you find that all the dinosaurs have escaped from their enclosures and its your job to go and hunt down (tranquilize) or kill (if your life is in danger) all 50+ species of dinosaur and transport them back to the compund (with trucks cranes etc) ...once you have helped jurassic park get back on its feet, you are awarded a permanent job at the amusement park tracking, killing rogue dinosaurs that have bred out of control (which unlocks more weapons) ...at anytime you can hop into a jeep and go 4wd across the island exploring for rare species (this will result in some epic trex chases) graphics: predominantly a third person adventure with raibow six style cover system, destructable environments (set a c4 charge to kill a trex and watch as the trees collapse from the explosion) the game remembers everything so if you kill a dinosaur its carcass will stay in the memory and rot until its just a skeleton (smaller scanvenger type species will feed off the carcass) chunks of meat will be blown out of the dinosaurs and will scar. picture hunting down a trex, you are downwind of the target and have been tracking her for half an hour ...you zoom in with your binoculars and notice the wounds of your previous battle with her from 3 days ago (realtime) multiplayer: multiplayer will consist of a few modes, first we have Survivor, this mode will be in the same style as alien vs predator/far cry : predator multiplayer, the two rival teams consist of humans and raptors, the maps will be big enough for 16 player battles across a wide area with an enclosed portion of map ...humans start off in the jungle and have to race to the enclosed area before the raptors hunt them down ...once in the enclosure the humans barricade the doors, all openings and wait it out as the raptors slowly peel away the defences with their claws. then we have Carnivore Carnage basically this mode is a species vs free for all that can be customized by the player. choose from a multitude of carnivorous dinosaur classes, trex, raptors, spinosaurus etc ...of course things will be balanced ie you cant match three trex against one raptor. the last mode is called Natural Selection this is basically all classes fighting against each other to see who comes out on top ...the three classes are : humans,
Does that mention Doritos AT ALL? I got to about the fourth sentence and I passed out.

ROFL:
The story takes place in New York city,and you are a criminal who goes by the name of Sonny.Who has been captured and put away into jail for robing a bank and hurting inonscent people.And one day he broke out of his jail cell due to a outside helper wich is known to be his brother Marcus.And so you have disapeard for several years the cops stoped looking for you,Until one of your jail mates Mike sold you out and gave away your position. When the cops came looking for Sonny they accidently found his brother Marcus and he was killed.When Sonny found out about his brothers death he was furious and wanted revenge,So his plan was to find out how the cops had knew were Sonny was located after all those years. And after a little research he figured out that it was Mike who had told the cops about your escape and were you was hiding.A few days later Sonny recieved a letter from Mike saying that he has sent people to get rid of you.The first thing that comes to Sonny's mind is that he has to get his friend Vince and his gang to destroy Mike and his people for good.So you gather all your friends go on mission to rob banks,make getaways,and try to avoid cop trouble.In the conclusion Sonny will have to eliminate the cops and make his way to Mike as his friends hold off Mike's gang, and get this problem over with.

There was some site (Game Institute? Game Theory? They had a terrible bright red page design) that solicited ideas from its users, and they were pretty much ALL like this. It was like staring into Hell.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 10:00:46 AM by ravuya » Logged

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 11:42:31 AM »

The story takes place in New York city,and you are a criminal who goes by the name of Sonny.Who has been captured and put away into jail for robing a bank and hurting inonscent people.

Man, who has been captured for robing a bank (previously unclothed, I assume) and hurting 'inonscent' people? Good question!

I'm not sure exactly what Doritos did to deserve this, but I have a feeling that if you look at their actual contest page, it simply says, "Are you socially maladjusted with an IQ you can count on your fingers? Have you only heard of books and never actually seen one? Please write to us about your adolescent murder-fantasies."

Formerly "I Like Cake."
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 01:31:48 PM »

Update: The site I was thinking of with all the horrible ideas was Game Discovery. Gird your loins, boys.

ChrisFranklin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 02:42:42 PM »

Dune  Saga

This isn't just an idea. This an epic thats been begging to be created on a next gen system.

You believe in it that much, huh?  The idea demands creation, you say?  Well, let's hear this amazing game design of brilliance and insight!

A by the books action adventure with rpg style progression.

... Oh.

A Wonderful War:  I clicked on it for the title (who on Earth would call war wonderful?!) and was met with a description that shows a man's slow descent into madness stemming from (I assume) either his complete isolation or his being a hostage somewhere.  Either way, he desperately wants you to contact him.

This game, have a multiplayer mode like Red Dead Revolver, with a lot of gund and melee weapons. Also have giants multiplayer maps. Like a building 100% interactive. In that building, the Blue Team (provisory), starts from the lobby, and the Red Team (provisory) spawn from the 27th floor (And the building has 29 floors. The game is very realistic, if you is covering in a glass wall, and somebody shoot you, you fall. The game has a medal system, HALO 3-like, for example: "Throw the adversary from the Heliport", and "Shoot a grenade". The caracter only equipe the weapons he's wearing. Jesus... I just, want a chance, but I am brazilian and my terrible english don't let me do that! Please, if one of you knows my language, PLEASE, gimme a chance. I have a lot of good ideas! Really! Please, add my hotmail [redacted]. If I don't even go to the Finals, please, someone contact me! And - again - sorry for my terrible english.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 07:07:08 PM by ProgramGamer » Logged
Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 05:32:51 PM »

Dorito II an action game, which is based on japanese history. ah... being based on history, the stages of the game will also be based on famous battles which took- actually took place in ancient Japan. *woosh* So here's this giant enemy dorito. What I'll do, is use BenCake here, to *hrrk* flip over this dorito on its back... if he shows up. And you attack its weak point for massive damage. *hrrk* There's a lot of great new features for this game, features such as... real time weapon change.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 05:35:34 PM by Arne » Logged
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 11:46:38 PM »

My sister and I have doritoes. They sort or flare out towards the end. They look triangular.

Dust
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 02:54:26 AM »

Oh god...I don't think it can get much worse than this:
It's battle game. In the game i must kill all the persons because in the end a person traid me i must kill him.

"WHERE IS SARAH CONNOR"
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 01:04:24 PM »

I have the best idea ever for a game, guys. The way it works is that it is one hundred percent realistic. For some unknown reason, game developers have never made a game before which is one hundred percent realistic. I think it is because they are lazy or stupid. This game will be better than any game ever made before by humans.

When you shoot objects in the game (of course you shoot objects -- it is a video game and they are about shooting), they will deform and break in real time. For example, if you shoot a wall, the impact will be modelled using finite element analysis to form realistic cracks in the plaster around the bullet hole. If you shoot a person, they will suffer one hundred percent realistic injuries and you will be stuck with one hundred percent realistic criminal charges which you will actually have to fight in a real court or you will go to a real jail.

Additionally, in this game, you will really get hungry, and if you get too hungry, you will start to get dizzy and will need to eat hamburgers to continue fighting. The grease on the hamburgers will move in real time and will be modelled using systems of partial differential equations. Also, if you eat too many hamburgers, your stomach will get rumbly, which will be indicated using a force feedback controller.

Sometimes, if you have been fighting for long enough, you might need to pee. This will start a minigame where you have to go find the washroom by asking for directions from NPCs. NPCs will have 100% realistic AI and react just like human beings would react if some half-crazed murderer, his mouth caked with blood and hamburger grease, approached them and demanded directions to the nearest washroom in a barely intelligible grunt. Some of the NPCs will be vegans and refuse to give directions to someone who clearly eats animals.

I haven't really thought much about what the story will be, but I figure you will be fighting either aliens or dinosaurs and you will be maybe a bounty hunter or a ninja from the future. You will need to have an awesome sounding name, like maybe 'Dunning Kruger,' so the game could be called 'The Dunning Kruger Effect.' This will be better than any game designed by professional designers, who are clearly too stupid to have thought of a game that is this realistic and therefore awesome.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 01:12:03 PM »

I have the best idea ever for a game, guys. The way it works is that it is one hundred percent realistic. For some unknown reason, game developers have never made a game before which is one hundred percent realistic. I think it is because they are lazy or stupid. This game will be better than any game ever made before by humans.

When you shoot objects in the game (of course you shoot objects -- it is a video game and they are about shooting), they will deform and break in real time. For example, if you shoot a wall, the impact will be modelled using finite element analysis to form realistic cracks in the plaster around the bullet hole. If you shoot a person, they will suffer one hundred percent realistic injuries and you will be stuck with one hundred percent realistic criminal charges which you will actually have to fight in a real court or you will go to a real jail.

Additionally, in this game, you will really get hungry, and if you get too hungry, you will start to get dizzy and will need to eat hamburgers to continue fighting. The grease on the hamburgers will move in real time and will be modelled using systems of partial differential equations. Also, if you eat too many hamburgers, your stomach will get rumbly, which will be indicated using a force feedback controller.

Sometimes, if you have been fighting for long enough, you might need to pee. This will start a minigame where you have to go find the washroom by asking for directions from NPCs. NPCs will have 100% realistic AI and react just like human beings would react if some half-crazed murderer, his mouth caked with blood and hamburger grease, approached them and demanded directions to the nearest washroom in a barely intelligible grunt. Some of the NPCs will be vegans and refuse to give directions to someone who clearly eats animals.

I haven't really thought much about what the story will be, but I figure you will be fighting either aliens or dinosaurs and you will be maybe a bounty hunter or a ninja from the future. You will need to have an awesome sounding name, like maybe 'Dunning Kruger,' so the game could be called 'The Dunning Kruger Effect.' This will be better than any game designed by professional designers, who are clearly too stupid to have thought of a game that is this realistic and therefore awesome.

this dosent have anything to do with chips.
disqualified.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 01:22:12 PM »

roflmaopoopingmypantsbbq

That was perfect Cake. Smiley

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW