Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411917 Posts in 69431 Topics- by 58479 Members - Latest Member: KriegsHetzer

June 11, 2024, 04:46:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEven the Ocean (Behind the Art series started!) OUT NOW!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 87
Print
Author Topic: Even the Ocean (Behind the Art series started!) OUT NOW!  (Read 320782 times)
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: March 27, 2014, 12:05:09 PM »

demo  available http://www.eventheocean.com/

through humble bundle sale
or emailing me
or itch.io for free in a week

play hydlide 2
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 27, 2014, 12:23:47 PM »

OMGOGMogmogmgomgomgo OMG.

dat price tho.
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 27, 2014, 12:39:13 PM »

Hahaha, that's just 'cause I'm only allowing it available for free through humble for a week (unless you're a longtime fan or follower of the devlog or twitter or fb! then just email me)

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 27, 2014, 08:03:35 PM »

what u guys think of demo :O

play hydlide 2
Rohit
« Reply #964 on: March 27, 2014, 08:08:15 PM »

Demo works well enough in Wine, but I'd like a Linux build, if it's possible.

Music and platforming are pretty nice, though the animation for wallclimbing looks a little strange.
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 27, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »

No linux build for a while, don't have my linux laptop on hand unfortunately. I'll try to get around to it though, I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be too much of a hassle with OpenFL + Haxe (knock on wood)

play hydlide 2
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #966 on: March 28, 2014, 07:14:50 AM »

what u guys think of demo :O

i emailed u

found a cool feature guys http://puu.sh/7MaUu.gif

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 28, 2014, 07:34:25 AM »

oh ya,..i have a nice list of SHIT TO FIX now (it's mostly all really subtle like that water thing which i find hard to reproduce but yeah) will get to it...evealy....eventually..

play hydlide 2
rubna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 29, 2014, 12:39:55 AM »

even the mocean
...demo

uh, i'm cheap so i'm going to wait until the end of the weekly sale before trying it out. sorry! D: Very excited though!
MallowyGoodness
Level 0

Service Games, they make the hedgehogs.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #969 on: March 29, 2014, 07:50:34 AM »

Might have this ready to demo by GDC. That and the motion demo as well. Don't worry if you're
reading this Kiri, I'll send you the actual game too!

Also Elias...passed away...the other day. Please send your condolences to [email protected]

I can't believe I forgot to check all important things and only found out through Humble Bundle

also rest in piss Elias u imaginary-friend pos

I did a stream+text chat of the demo when it was released, and if for some reason you'd rather see that than wait to play it yourself you can do so at http://www.hitbox.tv/video/118351 (I like how it plays at 720p but I streamed it at a bitrate of 500)

EDIT: Pushed video to YouTube because last night HitBox played it desynced from audio and today it won't load the video. The irony is that the YT upload is from HitBox's "send to youtube" function, and thus is the exact same file, but without errors.

YT Link:

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:32:15 PM by MallowyGoodness » Logged
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 29, 2014, 01:22:25 PM »

Demo good

Kiri's video is good.

Elias is alive!

Update

play hydlide 2
poe
« Reply #971 on: March 29, 2014, 01:55:25 PM »

This game has a lot of bugs because I didn't bugtest it. #HardFacts
MallowyGoodness
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #972 on: March 29, 2014, 09:27:36 PM »

It's ok I found them all you're no longer needed I REPLACING U

Also today I made the world's first ETO mod

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #973 on: March 29, 2014, 10:00:27 PM »

make a pair of shoes for the next sprite mod. also have the song "these shoes are made for walking" playing in the background on a constant loop. also, give them googly eyes. cant forget the googly eyes. even the moccasins. lets make it a reality.

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
SuddenSight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 29, 2014, 10:14:50 PM »

The demo is fantastic! I created a TIGSource Account today to tell you this:

I love Anodyne, and have been following the development of ETO off and on. Super glad I checked the Humble Weekly Sale this week.

The "balance" mechanic is much more fun than I thought it would be from reading your devlog. The controls are also quite nice, though they can feel quite slidey when you have a lot of purple in your balance bar. Landing on top of singleton blocks tends to be difficult.

The shield mechanic is fun to use.

I did find one bug - on the Shore, if you are killed by the green continuous stream floating... block as you move off screen to the right, you will get the death screen. After pressing confirm to continue, however, instead of respawning at the last save you will continue to the next room. More obnoxiously, the "press confirm to respawn" text does not disappear.

Otherwise, I am very much looking forward to Even The Ocean. Anodyne was wonderfully atmospheric, and it looks like ETO will be too.
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: March 30, 2014, 06:17:10 AM »

This game has a lot of bugs because I didn't bugtest it. #HardFacts

I kinda wnat you to be the first to beat it again..for tradition

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 30, 2014, 06:26:55 AM »

The demo is fantastic! I created a TIGSource Account today to tell you this:

I love Anodyne, and have been following the development of ETO off and on. Super glad I checked the Humble Weekly Sale this week.

The "balance" mechanic is much more fun than I thought it would be from reading your devlog. The controls are also quite nice, though they can feel quite slidey when you have a lot of purple in your balance bar. Landing on top of singleton blocks tends to be difficult.

The shield mechanic is fun to use.

I did find one bug - on the Shore, if you are killed by the green continuous stream floating... block as you move off screen to the right, you will get the death screen. After pressing confirm to continue, however, instead of respawning at the last save you will continue to the next room. More obnoxiously, the "press confirm to respawn" text does not disappear.

Otherwise, I am very much looking forward to Even The Ocean. Anodyne was wonderfully atmospheric, and it looks like ETO will be too.

Glad you like Anodyne and great to hear that you like the mechanic. It really doesn't work in words at all to describe the mechanic, so it's nice that people Can Actually Use It now since I know a lot of people look skeptical when I describe it to them. And yes, that's part of the trade-offs with going really fast. There's not much platforming (if at all) with jumping between singleton blocks in the actual game though.

Do you mean the gray/purple flaoating block?

And thanks! Yes this game is going to be very atmospheric, I think much better than anodyne!
Sean

play hydlide 2
Fervir
Level 4

JustLikeMakeGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #977 on: March 30, 2014, 06:40:34 AM »

It's ok I found them all you're no longer needed I REPLACING U

Also today I made the world's first ETO mod

Wow that's pretty cool that that's even an option!
I remember reading before that the game will be moddable, but I'm wondering (and too lazy to search), to what extent?

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 30, 2014, 07:05:24 AM »

yup it's moddable to the extent of not being able to modify entity and engine (map loading, transition, UI logic, saving logic, gauntlet logic, sound/music playing logic, title screen logic).

Though every piece of text in the game is loaded from dialogue files, as are meenu thingies (well, eventually). I needa factor some of it out from being hardcoded.

Stuff that is moddable

- Spritesheets, animations
- Entity attributes (that I expose to the user)
- Tilesets
- Making maps, adding entities to maps
- Adding dialogue or whatever
- adding your own items...? (For scripting events or whatever, as a shitty system of event flags)
- Basic NPC scripting (which I suppose I could expose enough to let you just natively code something with a really minimal scripting language called hscript : that would be cool!)
- Cutscenes (really limited atm, just dialogue and screen fades etc, shake)

- Doing this in Even mode or The Ocean mode

so arguably one could finish a game w/ the engine before we do o_O

play hydlide 2
MallowyGoodness
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #979 on: March 30, 2014, 11:03:51 AM »

Once I figure out how to place and save regular blocks I will be unstoppable
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 87
Print
Jump to: