Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:58:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkProgrammer Wanted [PROFIT SHARE] (UPDATED)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer Wanted [PROFIT SHARE] (UPDATED)  (Read 1965 times)
Fresh Mozzarella
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2013, 07:27:29 AM »

Update 3/20: Though we have been building the game in C#/XNA up until now, we're still early enough to potentially switch languages and are open to other options.

Objective: Meek & I are developing a game called Dying Sun and we have recently lost our programmer. We need a new one.

Project Overview: Dying Sun is a Real-Time Survival game with permadeath, organic gameplay systems and life experience engine that compliment a pseudo-RTS framework with unforgiving, precision combat. It’s the game we’ve always wanted to make and
is based around the age old question: how can we connect the player to the game?

Our foil is an intricate strategy game focused around your clan of 8 men, who while on a
long, vagrant’s journey have decided to make camp and start anew. While basic point’s
of entry to RTS games like building and gathering are here, we want to forge a player
connection to each and every clansmen. We will and are doing this in a few ways:

• We have a character emotion engine. Each character’s mood is in flux in line with
    their personality, parameters around them and actions taken by other characters. Get
    to know your men, and use them accordingly.
  • We will have a procedurally generated life experience log that documents and rewards
    characters for experiencing unique life events that occur real-time.
  • We have a harsh and meaningful permanent death ruleset. If one of your men die,
    they are dead for the rest of the game. The game immediately saves after they die.
    This is non-negotiable.

What We're Looking For: A dedicated, experienced XNA/C# programmer who can:

• work with existing code and systems and build upon them
  • create complex, procedural gameplay systems (weather, character emotion & terrain systems)
  • successfully meld RTS (base/resource management, exploration) and Action RPG elements(combat)
  • comfortable working with lots of graphic assets
  • be dedicated to 30 hours a week
  • exudes professional qualities of communication, project management and organization

Where We're At: Development has been steady for less then a month and we have a number of systems in place and a working build. Some of the screenshots here are mock-ups with the framework having been built but the starting gameplay is functional.

If You're Interested: Email us at [email protected]. We'd love to hear from you, see some examples of your work and if it's a fit work together on something small then go from there.

The current team is myself, Meek and one other individual who is doing amazing work on our soundtrack and sounds. We're all 100% dedicated to this project committing more then 8 hours a day and run a tight ship with design docs, outlines and a strict project schedule. If this structure and commitment isn't for you, please don't apply.

We're planning on releasing this game on Desura and self-distributing on our website for an undecided price we're hoping by Summer 2014.

About Profit Sharing: We are not unaware of the hardships and stigma that comes with the the words "profit share" but we will ensure our commitment to a fair share of all sales with a contract that will also outline your commitment to the project.

Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing from you.

-Chris (me) & Meek
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:11:39 AM by Fresh mozzarella » Logged

games
meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:51:08 AM »

I'm the creator/artist, so I thought I'd post here too!

Family is all that matters now.
Sheltered Devlog
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic