Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412114 Posts in 69451 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: tzdevil

June 28, 2024, 10:56:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallCheck Out Election Thief (Android)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Check Out Election Thief (Android)  (Read 1056 times)
bmkinyua
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2013, 12:37:12 PM »

‘Election Thief’ is based around Omu, an ordinary citizen on a mission to catch the thief who stole the election votes! Chaos and disaster looms should you fail in aiding Omu on his quest through 75 immersive and addicting levels across 15 chapters offering a variety of rewards. In this highly entertaining and very addicting platform game you must jump from platform to platform to capture the thief, but your task is made harder as opponents are doing their very best to make you fail! Featuring challenging levels and plenty of obstacles such as machetes, spears, and even boulders (!) thrown at you, this action-packed Android™ title has plenty of excitement! Will you become hero of the day and save the elections? Are you up for the task? ‘Election Thief’ has a compelling story and a very dramatic conclusion – but only if you are good enough to reach the end! The games built-in ‘Practice Mode’ is ideal to introductory players and experienced players will have their hands full in ‘Story Mode’.

Check out the game from the links below:

Google PlayTM (Free)    http://bit.ly/XbXfHR

AmazonTM (Free)          http://amzn.to/W0hYU2

AmazonTM (Paid - Ad free)    http://amzn.to/11WSo57

Web demo: http://www.uogames.net/games/major-releases/election-thief-demo/election-thief-demo-online/

Try the game and give us your feedback

Screenshots

N.B. We are almost done with removing lives/checkpoint system because people have complained the game is too hard. Give us your feedback on this.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:21:25 PM by bmkinyua » Logged
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 02:12:53 PM »

good story

all the image links are dead and you could also show the images directly by placing
Code:
[img]your image url [/img]
tags

sadly I don't have an adroid device so I cant try it out ..

bye!
bmkinyua
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:56:46 PM »

good story

all the image links are dead and you could also show the images directly by placing
Code:
[img]your image url [/img]
tags

sadly I don't have an adroid device so I cant try it out ..

bye!

Hi Nikki,

I've just confirmed the image links are working, But I'll upload directly.
We uploaded a demo of the game on our website. You can check it out here.:
http://www.uogames.net/games/major-releases/election-thief-demo/election-thief-demo-online/

Thanks
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 04:27:27 AM »

I tested this game very quickly on a Samsung Note 3, so here are some remarks:

- I fired the game, but then got a message to I wanted to get out of it but getting back is apparently buggy: it makes a 'toc toc' sound, then when I want to get back to it it will show the exit screen.
 - Why is there an exit screen? Why is it asking if I'm being bored by the game? It looks like the devs are being insecure about the game. Remove this screen: when I use the get back button from the menu I just want to exit, don't add this kind of thing.
 - The graphics might be a problem: to sum-up, it looks amateurish.
I'll try to help on this but I'm not an expert on graphics so maybe ask to an expert after you read this:
 1. I think the drawing is good.
 2. I think the coloring of characters is good, but read the rest.
 3. The composition of screens is insanely bad: texts superposed, which looks like buttons but they are not, too much different fonts, too much different gradients. The splash screen is really not good at all, in particular the blurry vulture... this screen really have to be totally changed. As said, the drawing of the characters are good enough to me, this is totally broken by the global composition.
 4. I think that the colors might be too bright, which plays in the amateurish look. I don't know what to do about it, but maybe you should work on limiting the color pallete or something?
Anyway graphics needs a lot of work, or please remove all graphic complexity. I don't mean it's very bad, it's just really amateurish (I've done the same errors myself when I first made games, but it was around high school so I learnt, but you'll need to learn some basic composition coloring stuffs I guess)
 - I think the menu have too much depths.
 - I think it's nice to have the story introduced as some kind of comics. However it would be better if each image would appear when I tap, instead of having 4 in once. That's a taste thing not a particular problem though. I make comics and digital comics so I think this could be better but it's not the game so it's ok.
 - The story is hard to follow because of the way text is used. As I said I make comics so I know how it works but it's hard to explain how to fix this without re-storyboarding this part.
 - The first level is insanely difficult. Basically, the control is very very very very hard. I think you figured now why most platform games on touch devices either have only a jump action (runners), or only have directional navigation but not jump. Here it's so hard that I just can't get at the end of the level. I stopped trying after 3 minutes. If the game starts this way, there is no reason for me to assume it's easier after it.

Note that I don't abandon easily hard games, but if the basic navigation control is a challenge, then I don't see the point.

So, I stopped there but I think you might have learnt a lot with this game. I hope you'll fix the graphic problems and navigation problems in the next ones.

bmkinyua
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 06:49:33 AM »

Hi Klaim,

Thank you for the feedback. I guess we still have a long way to go. We'll break down your comments into bullet points and try and address the issues. Thanks. So I'm getting the graphics and controls are the main issues. We're on it.
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 06:56:49 AM »

To clarify, the graphics I'm talking about are out of the game itself.
The biggest problem is that the game itself is unfairly hard to play because of the navigation controls yes.

I also forgot to say that I like that the subject of the game is somewhat political, and in the same time I think it might have a huge impact on who will even try this game after looking at the title and description. I don't know if it's bad or good for selling, but I think you have to make sure your audience is what you are looking for. If you can manage to keep this kind of political or strong theme, it would be awesome.

bmkinyua
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 07:12:43 AM »

Out of the game meaning menus and all? Please clarify.

And the controls being hard to use. Do you mean the virtual keypad or the virtual joystick... or both are just hard. I know the accelorometer is hard Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic