Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 06:03:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHOLY SHIT GUYS MOTHER 3
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS MOTHER 3  (Read 21304 times)
ChevyRay
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2008, 03:41:50 PM »

DAMN this game is fun. Having some MAJOR RPG nostalgia right now.

Also, sniffing with Boney (or whatever you called the dog) is extremely useful in this game.
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2008, 04:36:32 PM »

DAMN this game is fun. Having some MAJOR RPG nostalgia right now.

Also, sniffing with Boney (or whatever you called the dog) is extremely useful in this game.

oh man, i read that as "Boner" instead of "Boney"   Embarrassed

ChevyRay
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2008, 08:09:31 PM »

Okay, what was your guys' strategy for the damn Metal Mechorilla or whatever? :S because I just got my ass handed to me twice by him, and I haven't lost a fight yet.
Zaphos
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2008, 08:42:38 PM »

Okay, what was your guys' strategy for the damn Metal Mechorilla or whatever? :S because I just got my ass handed to me twice by him, and I haven't lost a fight yet.
You can take the power of his attacks down a lot if you do offense down, and then also raise your defense a few times (I just got the omega version of defense up before that fight I think).  And don't attack enough to make him go beserk until he's not doing much damage per attack.
ChevyRay
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2008, 08:48:42 PM »

Haha, I just beat him Tongue

Yeah, I used Defense Up beta twice, and then gave both characters Counter. After that, he missed like 4/5 attacks, and every attack he hit damaged him. Pulled through in the end Sad but Boney was dead so he didn't get any EXP. Oh well.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2008, 07:37:45 AM »

The last boss (assuming you don't mean that spoileriffc old guy) is to heal until your life counter is going below 100 hp with Life Gamma. Remember that you don't die immediately from a fatal blow, only when your counter reaches zero, so you don't have to worry about him kicking you badly every turn, only when you are actually low on life. I really didn't have much problem with him, and I didn't have any mementos left, only some magic puddings acquired by grinding very little the creeps on the dungeon.

But man, that damn boss fight made me feel like shit, and flint reaction to the aftermath disappointed me.

In fact the whole New Pork City was funny, retarded and macabre, specially when you start going freudian on porky.

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2008, 07:49:40 AM »

The last boss (assuming you don't mean that spoileriffc old guy) is to heal until your life counter is going below 100 hp with Life Gamma.
I think you mean Guard/Block until it's below 100 hp and the Heal with Life Γ.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2008, 08:20:16 AM »

Yup Tongue

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2008, 05:37:50 AM »

Is there something I can do about this little fucker? There he is sulking and sobbing, I really try to help him out, but there seems to be nothing I can do unless beating him.

Is it just a really bad joke or is there something specific I must do here?
Capten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2008, 06:03:49 AM »

Is there something I can do about this little fucker? There he is sulking and sobbing, I really try to help him out, but there seems to be nothing I can do unless beating him.

Is it just a really bad joke or is there something specific I must do here?
Good question, but since this is Mother 3 I think it's just a joke.
Neo1493
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2008, 12:00:12 PM »

I just beat mother 3 and I still like 2 the best am I the only one
Seth
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2008, 02:57:16 PM »

Copy and Paste from an email to my brother (SPOILERS!):

I finally finished it the other day.  Overall I thought it was pretty great.    I
keep wanting to compare it to Earthbound, though, which probably isn't fair since
they're both really different.  Mother 3 is a lot more personal and less epic. 

I was a bit disappointed with a few things though.  I didn't like how Duster and
Boney weren't as useful as Lucas or Kumatora.  Lucas had the same problem as Ness
did, I thought, they were both just the most powerful all around.  Also I was
disappointed with the scope of New Pork City.  After they had built it up so long in
the previous chapters with everyone talking about it and moving away, I was
expecting someplace a lot bigger and more things to happen in it.  There were only a
few buildings that you could go into there so it made it seem smaller than Tazmily.

Also I was disappointed with Flint's reaction to Claus's death--after he was
searching for him for so long and finally finds him he takes his death rather
easily.  But I thought it was interesting how Flint was damaged by the death of
Hinawa and spent all his time looking for Claus that he ended up neglecting the son
he still had.  I'm not sure if that was ever touched on directly in the game,
though.

What happened with that egg thing from the castle?  It seemed like it got dropped
from the story somewhere.

At times the game seemed really really hard, but it was cool that I never needed to
grind much, and if I did it was only for one or two levels.  Most of the time if I
changed my strategy I was able to beat any bosses pretty easily.  Also I liked how
none of the dungeons were long at all or tough to get through like in most RPGs.  It
really kept the game moving.  Maybe the Castle was the longest dungeon, except for
the final dungeon, which was neat anyway because it felt like several different
dungeons.  The bathroom dungeon was great, it was so funny to have these bathrooms
you could actually go into when in both Mother 3 and Earthbound you could never go
in a single one.

At first I was really disappointed that they didn't give us an ending like in
Earthbound where we could just go around and talk to everyone at the end, but the
longer I think about it, the better I think it is they didn't.  Actually I would say
that bit where you walked around in the dark and would talk to people that way
wasn't necessary, because it's like the only reason I wanted to walk around and talk
to people was because I liked the world so much, but everything the game had to say
was said, and if you were to walk around afterwards like in Earthbound, it'd just
reaching escapism, and Mother 3 was pretty against escapism, so I think it works
better.  Also it forces me to think about the game as a whole in retrospect instead
of just prolonging it without substance.

I'm sure I have a lot more thoughts about it but it's hard to organize them

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2008, 02:25:49 AM »

Probably old, but I just found about this

Old Mother 3

and

New Mother 3

Just hope they let me hotlink
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2008, 04:37:32 AM »

Tears of Joy

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2008, 08:49:46 AM »

That's beautiful.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic