Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 11:02:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDiesel Tactics - Dieselpunk inspired tactical combat
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Diesel Tactics - Dieselpunk inspired tactical combat  (Read 6270 times)
TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2013, 12:24:18 PM »

Hey everyone,

I'm proud to announce T-Go Co Games' upcoming game Diesel Tactics!

It's an asynchronous turn based strategy game (like Hero Academy) that also allows players to build their own custom armies to bring into battle, similar to the table top games Warhammer or War Machine.

The world and art style are inspired from World War I and II imagery with a steampunk/dieselpunk vibe to it.  The game will be 3D with 2D background elements.

Right now we only have the first concept art pieces to show (though modelling and animation have begun, we just aren't showing anything yet!), but we have new announcements several times per week on our website (and twitter and facebook pages) and if you're interested in following the progress of the game please follow us on any (or all!) of those!

We're hoping to launch the game in summer 2014 (we hope!) with the beta being available about a month or so before release.

The game will be available on both iPhone and iPad.  It will also be available on Android devices, but I don't think this is the place to bring that up.  You will be able to play against each other though, so you can show those Android gamers what's what!

Here's some concept art from some of the units in the game:

And here's a 3D model of one of the units from the game:

If you want to see more and to keep up to date with our progress, check us out:

Web: www.tgocogames.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tgocogames
Facebook: www.facebook.com/tgocogames
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:30:23 PM by TGoCoGames » Logged

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 08:44:13 AM »

Hey everyone,

New information has steadily been coming out about Diesel Tactics, and here are some highlights:

- There will be (at least) 2 armies available at launch

- The game will be free with one army available to the player and additional armies purchasable for $1.99

- Each army will have 8 units (at least) available to them, 6 Infantry units and 2 Vehicle units

- There will be 3 mission types at launch: Take and Hold, Assault, and Engagement

- There will be an Elo style rating system for players to help create more evenly matched games

There's plenty more to be revealed, so check out our website for more information and you can find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on all the updates about the game!

In the mean time, here's some more concept art and models from some of the units in the game:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:48:12 PM by TGoCoGames » Logged

ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »

I didn't know about Dieselpunk, but I love the look of it. Don't forget to send out review copies to all the steampunk magazines and blogs before your release.

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:52:11 AM »

Thanks for checking us out!  I always loved the look of steampunk and dieselpunk, but I also didn't really know about all the different genres.  I was just calling everything steampunk.

I'll definitely send out the press release to all the steampunk mags and blogs as well, thanks for the great tip!

ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 10:04:32 AM »

I'm still getting used to good olde cyberpunk Smiley

If you go 100% on the theme, you don't have to be 100% strict, steampunks would accept a nuclear reactor as long as steam comes out and it got loads of decorative brass and bronze. And if you want to go 1000% play the game on a  steampunked computer for the trailer.

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 10:58:44 AM »

We're not going 100% on the dieselpunk theme as we are definitely including some steampunk elements.  A healthy mix looks pretty cool in my opinion.

I love the idea of demoing the game on a steampunked out PC!

RedTentacleStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 01:54:43 PM »

The art is looking pretty cool, how close are you to having some in-game screenshots?  It would be nice to see how these assets are going to be seen.

David Evans
Red Tentacle Studios - Owner/Art Director
www.redtentaclestudios.com
TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 02:39:30 PM »

We're still about a month away from having anything actually playable, but I'll be posting lots of screenshots and videos of gameplay as soon as I can.

Most of our background art is only being made now and actual coding of the game has just started.

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 08:53:37 AM »

Hey everyone,

More information has been revealed about Diesel Tactics!

Here are some highlights:

- Artillery units have been revealed

- Healing will not be part of the game!

- Terrain randomization is in!

Much more information has been added at our website

As usual, I'm adding a few more images from Diesel Tactics for you to check out!

The walking tank!

Flying tank concept art

Flying tank 3D model

Motorcycle unit concept art

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 09:22:46 AM »

Hey everyone,

A bunch more info on Diesel Tactics is available on our website!

If your interested in keeping up with what's going on with our development, check out the site or Like us on Facebook or follow me on Twitter!

Here are a few more images for you to see some of our progress!

Automaton Infantry!

Rocket Pack Trooper Concept Art

Bazooka Soldier

Flamethrower Soldier

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 10:38:10 AM »

Just wanted to let everyone know that there have been a ton of added images to the Diesel Tactics image gallery, go check them out here!

SrKen
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 01:39:52 PM »

Hi! Are you guys looking for a composer? Maybe you'll like my compositions: https://soundcloud.com/ken-sukkar
It'll be a pleasure to work in an indie game.

Thanks for having a look.
TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 02:22:41 PM »

We're currently working with the guys over at Forte Sounds, but I'm hoping to have multiple games in the works soon, so I'll definitely keep you in mind for a possible future project as your samples are really good.

Send me an email with your details to [email protected] and I'll be sure to get in touch with you if I need sound work in the future.

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 09:15:41 AM »

We've been hard at work laying the foundation for Diesel Tactics core gameplay as well as creating the menu system for the game including the all important army creation screens!

Unfortunately, this means that we haven't had a whole lot of stuff to show off to everyone, since screenshots of code aren't all that exciting.

We have had quite a few updates on our website tgocogames.com including my blog ramblings on varied topics like board gaming and Kickstarter campaigns, so keep up to date with us there!

We do have some concept art images for our menu screens to show you guys in the Diesel Tactics concept art image gallery as well as a bunch of new images in the main gallery for you to check out!

We'll have some gameplay images and videos coming up in the very near future and the updates should be coming fast and furious at that point, so stay tuned!

Here's a couple WIP images from our menus!

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 09:13:11 AM »

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since we've updated our info on the forums, but that's largely been due to the fact that we're hard at work trying to get a working game up and running!

We've got most of the pieces of the puzzle made and we're in the process of putting them together.  Things are going pretty smoothly now, but the dev world is always pretty unpredictable unfortunately, so we're not entirely sure when we'll be ready to have some gameplay videos for you guys.  It shouldn't be too much longer though, and I'll let everyone know as soon as we have something playable!

Until then, here are some more images from Diesel Tactics with their working names attached which we'd love to hear your feedback on!

WIP Army Building Screen

Motorcycle and Sidecar Model (working name: Reitwagen Kommando)

Sniper Unit (working name: Scharfschützen)

Jetpack Unit (working name: Himmel Stürmer - “Sky Stormers”)

Heavy Machine Gunner (working name: Rapid Projectile Dispatching Sqaud)

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 12:01:45 PM »

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give you guys an update on how things are progressing with Diesel Tactics, and let you know why we're running a bit behind schedule.

We've had some internal issues (which I think is sort of inevitable with any studio, but can be particularly bad with an indie developer) which have caused us to have to redo some work that we thought was done.  The end result is that we're running about two and a half months behind schedule.  We were hoping to be in alpha right now, but it looks like that will happen closer to sometime in September.

We should know relatively soon as to what our new milestone dates are (for things like gameplay videos, trailers, alpha, beta, etc) and I'll update everyone here as soon as possible.

On a more positive note, our artist Nadia Fernandez has done some awesome work on the logo for Diesel Tactics and I'd like to show it off to you guys in its current form, so here it is!

To see more images of the new logo check out the Diesel Tactics menu sub gallery here!

Thanks for understanding guys and I'll update you all again soon!

Juan Raigada
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 12:38:15 PM »

This looks interesting, however, I don't seem to be able to find any screenshot of the game, so it's hard to try to imagine how the game would feel just looking at assets...

I like the look of those models, but your 2D art seems sub-par compared to the 3D. It's not bad, but definitely unpolished and not as professional compared to the 3D models. I get it's not supposed to be art for public consumption, but the logo is, and it looks a little to messy for my tastes...

I will be following this. I'm basically a sucker for tactics games and I like steampunk settings, so I would love to see this succeed!

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »

Thanks for the reply, Juan!

You're right that aside from the logo, none of the 2D art so far is actually going to be in the game.  All the 2D stuff we have is just concept art as the game is going to be fully 3D!

The logo is still a WIP and we're gonna make some modifications to it as well as animating it for the main menu (hopefully, anyway!).

As far as screenshots go, we haven't actually released any yet.  We've put a lot of the components of the game, but haven't really put everything together yet with all our models and animations.  Part of this is due to the internal issues I mentioned earlier.  We're hoping to have some screenshots available within the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned for those!

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 07:37:04 PM »

just as a counter to the above comment, i really like the 2d stuff and especially the logo. the 3d has a bit of a team fortress vibe going on (which is probably a really good thing TBH). good assets though, as with everybody else, ill be looking forward to seeing how they're implemented  Coffee

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 07:59:32 PM »

Thanks for the positive feedback, jamesprimate!

I actually quite like our logo as well, though I think it could use a little tweaking for sure.  I think it'll look awesome when we animate it as well!

I definitely get the TF vibe as well from some of the units, I think it's intentional from our modeller.  I never really played the game myself, so the influence is definitely not from me!

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic