Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:27:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDiesel Tactics - Dieselpunk inspired tactical combat
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Diesel Tactics - Dieselpunk inspired tactical combat  (Read 6259 times)
TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2014, 09:21:08 AM »

We’ve finished up the last of the unit animations today and here’s the animation reel of our final unit, the Jagdpanzer "Wolfsspinne" (aka The Spider Tank)!

The Jagdpanzer “Wolffspinne” in action!

We’re working on the backgrounds and cover elements now, which are thankfully static elements so they shouldn’t take us as long to do!

We have some more smaller things to do art-wise (like mission objectives and weapon effects), but we’re getting very close to having a pretty looking game!

We’re very close to being in beta now, with the game being playable but not quite all the game elements in place, so I’m hoping we can have some in game videos soon!  I just don’t want to show the game off with so much placeholder art!

All of the animation reels we’ve made for the units can be seen here!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:39:50 AM by TGoCoGames » Logged

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 01:22:58 PM »

For a while now we've been implementing and testing Diesel Tactics combat on a featureless grid board, seemingly floating in a sea of grey nothingness.  Now, as awesome as the gameplay itself is, it can be a little off putting to see these unit models looking better and better while the world they live in remains the same strange, barren battlefield!  Well, technically we have been using plain cylinders of differing heights to represent different terrain types, but even that fails to spice up the battle screen!

Finally, we've had time to get to work on the game's backgrounds and terrain objects, and a lot of it already looks really good!  It adds a lot to the game to get a feeling of where you are fighting and what you are fighting for, so it's great to start seeing the world that I've been picturing in my head for these many months finally come to life!

You can see the everything that we've made so far in the Diesel Tactics Maps WIP Gallery, though as the name suggests everything is still a work in progress.

Here's a couple samples for you to check out:

Cityscape WIP

Factory Terrain Objects WIP

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 01:12:08 PM »

We’re still hard at work on implementing the combat part of Diesel Tactics (the ‘game’ part of the game!), but here’s a new splash screen for T-Go Co Games!

Also, this is the icon we’re currently working on.  What do you guys think?

Thanks!

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2014, 03:33:34 PM »

We’ve finally got the first rendered backgrounds implemented in Diesel Tactics, as well as the different mission types all up and running!

We plan on having the ground of our maps actually being composed of individual grid squares each with their own terrain image combined to create the ‘floor’ for the units, so don’t worry about the current look of ground itself!

So with that in mind, here’s how starting deployment looks like in Diesel Tactics:

Here are some images of some deployed troops.  I’ll mention that the units aren’t quite finalized yet and they aren’t at their final scales!

These are what the models for the terrain pieces in the cityscape map look like:

Here are the same kinds of terrain in the snowy forest map:

The ammo depot with the flag is a mission objective, the trees making the copse are light cover, the tree stump is impassable terrain, and the snow covered metal tent is heavy cover!

What do you guys think?

TGoCoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »

The maps are all implemented now (though the art is not finalized!) and most of the terrain elements have been made, so we’re down tweaking scales and textures now, but almost all of the art and animation is done!

Again, the textures are not finished (especially the floor texture!), but I wanted to share some in game shots with everyone.  Also note that the unit scales are not final and the units will be bigger and more spaced out in the final build!

These two images are of the same game with troops in (roughly) the same position, with the camera at different angles.  I think that units moved under cover (like the motorcycle here) look really cool and make it obvious they are in cover!

Here’s a similar unit layout with the camera pulled back.  The ‘Move Your Units’ sign pops up at the start of the movement phase.

Finally, here’s a look at moving the HT-A4 “Big Willie” Heavy Armour unit.  The visuals for highlighting tiles is going to change as well, but here we’re showing invalid spaces in red, normal move spaces in blue, cover spaces in yellow, and run moves in purple with double arrows.

Let me know what you guys think!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic