Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:33:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkGame based on popular short story... Programmer Needed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game based on popular short story... Programmer Needed  (Read 1153 times)
Slimebeast
Level 1

BARF JR.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2013, 07:03:45 PM »

Hi all, it's me again. I pop in now and again to post "Help Wanted" or (rarely) take part in art stuff. Smiley

Anyway, I'm an accomplished pixel artist who has dabbled in sound effects, voice work, etc. Very good with logos, own a bunch of domain names, I'm sort of a "Jack of All Trades" in everything but programming. (You knew that was coming!!)

I made these:  Who, Me? Facepalm Yawn

I'm also a writer - pretty much above all else. Recently, I wrote a short horror story called "Abandoned by Disney" which featured a closed, demented resort and the narrator's explorations therein.

It became pretty popular, with people saying it should be a movie or a game.

Well, "Game" seems attainable. I was curious if anyone would be willing to throw in and help out with an "Abandoned" game project.

Problems you might be thinking about:

1.) What kind of game? Any kind. The kind that can be made by whomever comes forward with the skill set to do it. Multiplayer 3D? Small 2D Zelda-Like? Whichever.

2.) Money? Split of revenues, advertising on site, we can sell a map editor, anything!

3.) Can't use "Disney" in the title. I know. I purchased AbandonedGame.com and figure that the title would be something like "Abandoned: The Resort". This places it apart from other games that have been called "Abandoned" in the past, and also opens the door for future works if we feel like it. For example, "Abandoned: Sparrow Island", or "Abandoned: Whimsywood Park".

4.) Really, though - who the F am I? Well, I was involved with one of the first online multiplayer games with graphics. I also came in late on "I'M O.K" way back when and lent some rushed graphics. Those would be what might impress - the rest are little accomplishments here and there.

So yeah. Anyone up for it? Reply, PM, or contact me - [email protected]

wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 03:24:47 AM »

Seems like a neat project.  2D generally isn't my thing, but I think it'd be interesting to make a point-n-click / room-escape game with that setting in the story.  Or even a hidden object game, though that's a lot more art, I think, and probably not well suited to pixel art anyhow.

As for myself, I'm a professional (non-game) programmer who has decided to get into game programming.  I've been using Unity for little things, but the only things I've completed are a couple small almost-not-games, an image viewer (lol) and a Ludum Dare entry that was admittedly mediocre.

I know I'm not selling myself well there, but I think it's important to be clear and honest about my situation.

Anyhow, I definitely think that setting has a ton of possibility and would love to see a game with it, even if I'm not the programmer.  I haven't yet finished reading the story, but I plan to make that happen at lunch today.
bjadams
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 05:39:43 AM »

I'm a 40 year old programmer looking to get involved in a new interesting project.

I have my own 2d game engine that runs on ios, android and win32.

Would be interested to hear more about this project, and what style of game and art you had in mind. I'm more inclined towards achievable 3-4 months casual style games rather than big 2 year old rpg projects that are never done.

iOS & Android developer
Slimebeast
Level 1

BARF JR.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 03:23:34 PM »

I'm going to send you guys some PMs momentarily. Smiley ZEL Moblin

EpicVesselGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 05:22:44 PM »

Hope to hear back from you.

Cheers!

Slimebeast
Level 1

BARF JR.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 11:26:03 PM »

I replied to your e-mail earier. Tonight (or rather this morning since it's past 3AM) I looked back and - beautiful - the reply wasn't in my archive. The e-mail fairy took it. Apoplectic

I sent another off.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic