Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:53:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPointStar devlog (PC/MAC/iOS)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: PointStar devlog (PC/MAC/iOS)  (Read 15518 times)
rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2013, 02:24:55 PM »

Keep up the good work! Can you tell us what this game is about and where you see it going?

It will be about love, power, deep space clichés.
I have chosen that the player won't say a thing during the whole game. I want the game to speak. I know this sounds cryptic but I've got a this idea how I should execute this.

rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2013, 03:44:06 PM »

This update might look dull. But i've implemented easing in my game.
This will also be used for the camera during realtime cutscenes.

also this

rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2013, 11:02:12 AM »

So yea, i've bin gone for a while. Still looking for a job.
I'm making a new kind of enemy again. This time it's a rotating one. I will make it somekind of claw enemy. Here is how he works atm.

siskavard
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2014, 10:31:38 PM »

This is coming along nicely !
rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2014, 11:47:56 AM »

This is coming along nicely !

thx^^

Also i'm working on a sprite to go with it. Still a wip though. I'm gonna make it like a taser.

Also I implemented that if you want to jump high you need to have jumped once before.
It just felt way to clunky if you could instantly jump high. Especially in tight spaces.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:31:39 PM by rundown » Logged

rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2014, 09:58:54 AM »

So yea, i've bin under the radar for some time now. Life happened, needed money. anyway!

I've found some time to fixe my running animation

new                                        old

I've also bin toying with a guard prototype, still a wip though! (doesn't include the new running animation yet)

Oh, and I might have found a publisher, nothing has bin signed yet but were talking Smiley

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2014, 08:00:29 PM »

Hey dude, great news re publisher (depending on the deal I suppose!). I think the running anim would look a little better if the centre of gravity was more forward. Personally, I'd slant him a little forward and move the head and right-arm forward. I'd also add a pixel of momentum to the helmet -- e.g., make the helmet lag one frame behind the body.

Edit: I just noticed that the legs are really hard to read too. The leg at the back should be darker to help isolate the front the leg. Also because the guy is angled toward the viewer, the back leg shouldn't kick back as far as the front, and should kick further forward that the front.

rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2015, 02:42:21 PM »

Hey dude, great news re publisher (depending on the deal I suppose!). I think the running anim would look a little better if the centre of gravity was more forward. Personally, I'd slant him a little forward and move the head and right-arm forward. I'd also add a pixel of momentum to the helmet -- e.g., make the helmet lag one frame behind the body.

Edit: I just noticed that the legs are really hard to read too. The leg at the back should be darker to help isolate the front the leg. Also because the guy is angled toward the viewer, the back leg shouldn't kick back as far as the front, and should kick further forward that the front.

So yea, I vanished from this forum for some time xD I was so sad that i had lost my harddrive wich contained all of my work. But I happened to find my drive again. Rejoice! I'll be working on this yet again!

And yea i'll be looking into the pixelart yet again xD Guess i'll now have a fresh eye on my work.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:32:19 AM by rundown » Logged

rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2015, 07:23:46 AM »

Back in action! Might even make the back leg and arm even more dark. I'll see how it turns out in my new pallet!

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:01:06 PM by rundown » Logged

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2015, 02:37:50 AM »

This is looking cool! Lots of fine details and great animations and backgrounds.

And I like that all enemies are robots so that I don't have to kill for real~

That new fast-running animation is really neat. Flickering light is neat!

All I'm thinking is at this point maybe you should start replacing those brown blocks with some updated graphics – they're beginning to feel a bit out of place with the details that have gone into all of the newer backgrounds and so on.

The health bar feels kinda clunky tho. Can it be reduced somehow, moved to a static position in a corner of the screen, be made a bit transparent or only appear when you take damage instead of being visible constantly or something?

Can't really provide any criticism beyond that. This is looking great! Congratulations on the publisher thingy~

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic