Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 01:51:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingQuickDraw: The JS Joust of Mexican Standoffs
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: QuickDraw: The JS Joust of Mexican Standoffs  (Read 873 times)
GreenflyStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2013, 02:58:22 AM »

Hi all,

My name is Stephen, co-founder of Greenfly Studios. We're actively developing several games but I wanted to share QuickDraw with all you lovely people and hear your feedback. QuickDraw is a gun-slinging homage to traditional Western films and Victorian pistol duels. A no-screen, digitally-enabled game for two to seven players using PSMove controllers, the goal is to be fastest straight-shooter around.

QuickDraw has been really well received at several events here in the UK this year and it's scheduled to be shown at GameCityNights in April, GameCity Festival as well as game festivals in Amsterdam/Copenhagen/Sweden. Future-plans include PAX/IndieCade (hopefully) later on in the year as well as (again hopefully) Rezzed/EuroGamer Expo.

If you happen to have a Mac and several Move controllers, you are welcome to an alpha build - I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Special Mentions

"The brilliant party game QuickDraw [..] and screenless wonder GlowTag"
- Jeffrey Matulef, Eurogamer

"QuickDraw is the J.S. Joust of Mexican Standoffs"
-Chris Priestman, Indiestatik

"Looks awesome, can't wait to try it!"
-Douglas Wilson, JS. Joust Creator

"QuickDraw and GlowTag looks awesome. Time to dig out the rumpus moves"
- Marie Foulston, Wild Rumpus

Video

Screens

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:28:44 AM by GreenflyStudios » Logged
TPathuis
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 09:20:56 AM »

Definitely looks like a lot of fun. Probably will have to play it myself though to give helpful feedback.

I had to read the description of the youtube video to understand what the actual win or end conditions of the game were, so perhaps a suggestion is that these can be explained in another video trailer or something like that.

And I suggest a russian roullette mode where you pass on the controller and are forced to 'shoot' yourself until only one player is left/has 'survived' = the winner  Grin
(A tense tune and countdown to the moment when you have to shoot, just thinking out loud here)

Are you at the festival of games in Amsterdam this year?
GreenflyStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 11:36:14 AM »

I won't be however I think someone has volunteered to show/play it over there. Will need to chase them up to confirm.

The Russian Roulette idea is a great idea, I'll add it in as another mode. I've included the available modes below but does anyone else have any other "shooting" related ideas?

Game Modes

Featuring three modes, the principal mode “Gentleman’s Walk” arranges all players back-to-back whilst holding a PSMove controller vertically up. On the count to a church bell, each player takes a step forward and on the sound of pistol fire, everyone turns and shoots. The winner is the fastest, and straightest, shooter.

Mexican Standoff” places all players in a big circle facing each other, PSMove contollers held vertically down by the hip (holstered). As the tumbleweed rolls past and the music plays, everyone is busy shifting their eyes & watching each other. On the sound of gunfire, everyone draws and shoots. The final mode is “Outlaws vs Sheriffs”; the same as “Mexican Standoff” but players are arranged into teams – the team with the best average score (judged on speed and straightness) wins.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic