Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 01:30:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHard Lander 2 : Released! Go play
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hard Lander 2 : Released! Go play  (Read 1145 times)
soulareus
Level 0

Making exciting little worlds

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2013, 10:27:12 AM »

Update: thanks for the feedback guys!  It's so great to have a community of people that take the time to help each other out.  I've taken your feedback, and released the second version of hard lander.
play it here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/soulareus/hard-lander-2

Hi Guys!
  I made a game, Hard lander, and got a lot of great feedback from you.  I used all your suggestions and created hard lander 2.  If you have a few minutes, I would love if you could play the game and tell me what you think!  Any feedback would be really appreciated.  A couple questions come to mind which you can answer if you like:

1) Are the "flight school" levels too hard?
2) What level did you quit on and why?
3) is the goal intuitive enough?
4) most importantly, does flight school teach you to fly?

-dev link removed-

« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:40:16 AM by soulareus » Logged
Minimally
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »

1) Are the "flight school" levels too hard? I don't think they are too hard compared to the acrobatics and advanced landing which I am no good at.
2) What level did you quit on and why? The "land here" level in flight school and the level before it were too frustrating so I quit.
3) is the goal intuitive enough? I think so.
4) most importantly, does flight school teach you to fly? I learned that I should not fly!

I wonder if I just suck at playing this game or is it too challenging?
ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 02:09:17 PM »

I kept mixing up left/right and the whole thing is way too hard, but that's the problem with rocket propulsion...

soulareus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »

I wonder if I just suck at playing this game or is it too challenging?
it is really hard to fly this thing, but once you get the hange of it [I think] it's a lot of fun.  I'm trying to create levels that help reduce the frustration.  Your comments are really helpful, and I will try and find a way to retool the levels you mentioned to make learning more fun/less frusterating.
I kept mixing up left/right and the whole thing is way too hard, but that's the problem with rocket propulsion...
Ha! yeah it's not easy.  you can use the arrow keys, or wasd, if you prefer reverse controls.  I don't know if that will help.  Thanks for helping me out and playing!
Indievelopper
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 02:45:05 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's been suggest in the first version, and I suppose you've taken that into account in the second one, but getting rid of limited lives is an awesome idea.

Anywho, as of now, it pretty much looks exactly like the first one.
soulareus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 11:41:38 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's been suggest in the first version, and I suppose you've taken that into account in the second one, but getting rid of limited lives is an awesome idea.

Anywho, as of now, it pretty much looks exactly like the first one.

Yeah, that was some golden advice!  I had to do it!
FloatingCoder
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 01:24:42 AM »

1) Are the "flight school" levels too hard?
    I think the levels are fine, but the controls are to hard. Well, it didn't help me that it took a while to find the instructions that said WASD is one way (backwards for me) and the arrows are the other way. That helped some, once I was using the arrows, but I still find the side thruster controls weird. If the ship gets off to far at all, there's just no recovering it, and it seemed to touchy to me. I can understand if you want that to be the big thing in the game, but perhaps there's a way to add "training wheel" of some sort early on, so the controls and easier at first, then get harder?

2) What level did you quit on and why?
  I made it through flight school, but quite on the first level of landing school for the control reasons above. every time I would get the ship in the air, it would tip to one side, and either just keep going (I couldn't correct enough to overcome the angle) or I would over correct and get stuck on the other side, unable to get back upright. Just to touchy for my taste.

3) is the goal intuitive enough?
   Only minor issue there was the ones where you need to stay in them for a while. I figured it out, but was a little confusing at first, then just frustrating cause I couldn't do it Smiley

4) most importantly, does flight school teach you to fly?
    Well, it taught me what I am supposed to do, but that I am no good at it and should stop playing now....

Cbear
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 11:10:36 AM »

this game is a little hard on the eyes and head at first but it's actually a really fun and enjoyable game.
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »

Man, I am not going to sit there and try to finish the non-school levels right now. Maybe later. But the school levels were a cakewalk. Other than one or two levels in each pack, each contributing about 10 deaths, I got out relatively unscathed with under 30 deaths for both level pack.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic