Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 05:36:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Who next?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Who next?  (Read 27388 times)
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2008, 08:53:21 PM »

Ok, this thread is now devoted to which confirmed character to do next (by confirmed I mean people agree that we should do them and we have permission to do them, i.e. characters like Turner, Shotgun Ninja, etc.).

Original Post: Well, I've basically finished Xoda, just need some info (see page 5 of Indie Brawl: Xoda Rap), so I thought I could start work on the next character.

I would like to do the N ninja or Iji, as those two I know quite well and aren't too complicated, but any suggestions as to who might be good to do at this stage I will consider, play their game, etc.
Also a movelist for whomever is chosen.
 Gentleman
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 09:14:06 PM by Rory » Logged
Deacon Blues
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 09:03:38 PM »

My vote's for Barkley, but Iji is also one I'd like to see soon.

Were we given permission to use the N Ninja? I thought there was some worry over whether or not they'd grant it now that the game had gone commercial.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 09:49:09 PM »

Does N have any attacks?

Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 09:53:08 PM »

I was thinking he could send drones and stuff at people. Someone suggested he have a katana. Now that I think about it, he would be fairly similar to Nikujin, so yeah, Iji or whomever else anyone suggests.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 10:40:40 PM »

I say Iji. N doesn't have permission and well, I just don't think he would be a very good character.

I might as well go ahead and post my ideas for Iji's movelist. They're pretty tentative though:
A = Kick
A> = Cyclic Fusion Ignition System (I think that's what it's called. I mean the one that shoots electricity at a short range). Can be held down for a constant stream of damage, but has no knockback. Could be replaced by the Pulse Gun/Hyperpulse and still work the same way. Depends on what guns people like more, I guess.
Av = Reflector. Strikes all enemies in a small circle around Iji, and also reflects projectiles.
A^ = kicks upward, knocking enemies into the air.
S = crack. Works kind of like Nikujin's headstab. She reaches out a short distance and grabs enemies in front of her, then electrocutes them.
S> = rocket launcher. A powerful projectile with a big explosion if it hits a player or a wall. If it is blocked, it won't explode.
Sv = Velocithor. crouches slightly and then fires a continous beam that travels through walls and players, dealing a constant stream of damage. Not very powerful, but has awesome range and is unblockable.
S^ = Nuke. A complete change from the Nuke's abilities from the original game. After quite a bit of windup, it creates a sizeable explosion around Iji and propels her up into the air.

Like I said, it's tentative. I'm not sure about the Nuke especially.

Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 11:51:51 PM »

TRILBY

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 01:10:13 AM »

LYLE. Or TURNER. Or, indeed, IJI, I suppose, as CHUTUP has whipped up a MOVELIST.

Also, "N Ninja as a warrior" folk, you probably don't know about this, but I remember the N forums occasionally having a new member popping up and starting a whole "N MUST HAVE KOMBAT WITH SHURIKEN AND KATANA AND..." thread. Never went down too well.

Little dude's a Pacifist*. A stage would be outstanding, though.

*Though considering RAIGAN or MARE haven't commented on this, they could be itching for the Ninja to get all violent and such. Who knows?
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 02:16:47 AM »

LYLE. Or TURNER. Or, indeed, IJI, I suppose, as CHUTUP has whipped up a MOVELIST.
Eh, I didn't want to force it to be Iji by making a movelist.

Also, Nightshade has dibs on Turner.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 02:24:29 AM »

BLAR BLAR BLAR LEMEZA BLAR BLAR BLAR

Why hasn't he already been brought up yet? He needs to be in this game. It'd be perfect for him!

Uh, that's the guy from La Mulana, by the way. But it was THE first indie game I ever played, and still remains in my heart as the best one. We don't have enough whip toters running around Indie Brawl yet, anyway.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 02:28:49 AM »

One of the problems with Lemeza is that we need to find someone who can code characters and has also played La-Mulana to a reasonable degree. I haven't, and I'm pretty sure Rory hasn't, so that leaves maybe Nightshade, and he's aiming at Turner next. Alternatively if you wait long enough I will probably get around to playing it myself.

(also you could make him more likely to get made by coming up with a movelist).

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 02:30:25 AM »

Uh, good point. I'll try to do all that later. I have finished La Mulana (uh, not the hell temple), so I could take a look at things later.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 04:28:59 AM »

S = crack. Works kind of like Nikujin's headstab. She reaches out a short distance and grabs enemies in front of her, then electrocutes them.
I thought it would be cool if cracking disabled the target's special attacks for a period of time.

medieval
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 04:42:38 AM »

Has anyone E-mailed Yahtzee yet?
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 05:19:23 AM »

I thought it would be cool if cracking disabled the target's special attacks for a period of time.

Crack's gotta do something special. Disabling Specials could be quite good.
medieval
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 05:42:50 AM »

I imagine the crack as a regular punch attack with a large chargeup and/or cooldown time, enough to give the opponent a chance to use their regular attacks on her.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 06:33:15 AM »

But that's boring! In Iji, cracking enemies didn't just hurt them; it made their weapons explode!

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 09:47:57 AM »

How about Turner? We got the permission and the first sprite, so I'd vote for him!

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
medieval
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 09:49:29 AM »

How about Turner? We got the permission and the first sprite, so I'd vote for him!
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2438.0
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 10:46:02 AM »

The list of moves I had for Lemeza on my own version of indie smash:

Lemeza has a double jump and a 'cling' wall jump - he can grab on to walls and stay there as long as he wants, then jump kick away.

A = Whip.
A> = Katana swing that hits below and ahead.
OR Fast knife swing.
Av = Angel Shield. Stops projectiles.
A^ = Axe swing that hits above and ahead.
S = Shuriken. Flies straight forward.
S> = Bomb. Bounces off the ground a couple of times then explodes, kinda like Napalm Man's weapon in Megaman 5. May explode on impact.
Sv = Kunai. Rolls along the ground, falling whenever it finds a hole.
Sv (midair) = Spear. A simple shot fired directly downwards.
S^ = Flare. A simple shot that flies directly upwards.

Possible items:

Lamp of Time - freezes everything but you for a few moments.

medieval
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 11:43:49 AM »

Point with Lemeza is, the most attacks he would have would be quite spoilers
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic