Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 07:38:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[beta] ShapeWords for Android
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [beta] ShapeWords for Android  (Read 861 times)
eeedni
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2013, 11:56:12 AM »

I've put out a beta of my word game, ShapeWords.

You can grab it from the Play store here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.indieee.shapewords

As a thanks to anyone testing you'll be automatically upgraded to the full paid version on it's release on the 8th (via a in-app push). I could use feedback and thoughts if anyone has them.

This is the (slightly laggy) trailer:

And some images:

The object of the game is to complete the gameboard or word shape before the time runs out using real words. Levels get progressively harder as the shapes become more and more complex.
eeedni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 11:14:37 AM »

I just pushed an update to fix a text rending problem on the nexus 7.
FloatingCoder
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 12:03:31 PM »

Nice game, I almost like it, but I don't really like word games anyway Smiley

Played quite a few hands, I found only having one letter off the board annoying. I have no idea how likely I am to get a particular letter, so I found several times I got down to only needing one letter to be done, and just clicking for a new letter over and over for the last 30 seconds until time ran out, hoping to get the right one but never did.

Now you could say I should rethink my words to use the letters coming up, but again I don't know what's coming up. If I start to change, the one I need might be next, but then it's too late because I already changed it!

Seems like it needs a stock pile off the board somewhere I can see, (5  - 10 tiles?) so I have more to choose from to rearrange into new words if I get stuck.
FloatingCoder
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 12:05:22 PM »

BTW, played on a Galaxy Nexus, no graphical issues so you fix must have worked...
eeedni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 09:12:59 AM »

I've been toying with a shuffle and stash board, but it's made the levels quite easy.

Thanks for giving it a run. Interestingly the GS3 had the same problem as the nexus7 a week ago, but fixing it -caused- the nexus7 problem, heh.
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 10:53:42 AM »

I'll give it a try, since I love word games and have a few Androids.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
eeedni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 08:46:40 PM »

Awesome, I appreciate it. Getting close to release of the Android version. Getting crazy nervous.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic