Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:30:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioShow us some of your music!
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 172
Print
Author Topic: Show us some of your music!  (Read 497481 times)
clark_a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3000 on: May 20, 2016, 03:47:39 PM »

I've been writing music for a handful of Nickelodeon web games these past couple of months. Lots of fun getting to switch up genres from Orchestral to Pop, etc... every week (seriously, these devs have an insane output of games!) Here are a few of my favorites that've been released so far,

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Paw Patrol
Alvin and The Chipmunks

torabi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: May 20, 2016, 07:03:11 PM »

Here's a track I did that I think would fit really well with a cheerful 8-bit side-scroller.

I'd love to hear what you all think

https://soundcloud.com/torabi_pasuto/hearing-changes

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3002 on: May 22, 2016, 04:21:28 AM »

I've been writing music for a handful of Nickelodeon web games these past couple of months. Lots of fun getting to switch up genres from Orchestral to Pop, etc... every week (seriously, these devs have an insane output of games!) Here are a few of my favorites that've been released so far,

Paw Patrol
Alvin and The Chipmunks

I particularly like the Alvin and the Chipmunks track! Not a fan of the movie series, but this music is great!!! :D

---

On my front this week, I made a Soundscape for Echoplex. It's designed to reflect the inside of a computer network. I hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 04:27:55 AM by amanfr01 » Logged

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3003 on: May 22, 2016, 10:20:37 AM »

Paw Patrol
Alvin and The Chipmunks

There is another composer I follow on Soundcloud who has been doing music for a few Nickelodeon games. How in the world do you land a gig like that? (Wonderful music, man!)

clark_a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3004 on: May 22, 2016, 03:45:36 PM »

Paw Patrol
Alvin and The Chipmunks

There is another composer I follow on Soundcloud who has been doing music for a few Nickelodeon games. How in the world do you land a gig like that? (Wonderful music, man!)

Thanks! They had licensed one of the few tracks I put on audiojungle under a pseudonym a while back, so I got in contact to see if I could help make it loop a little better, say that I liked their stuff (just make friends really). They asked if I could work on a game that needed to be delivered in a couple of days and didn't have music yet (it was around Christmas, so being toys/kids focused they had a lot of engines running!)

torabi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: May 23, 2016, 03:21:58 PM »

Paw Patrol
Alvin and The Chipmunks

I particularly like the Alvin and the Chipmunks track! Not a fan of the movie series, but this music is great!!! :D

---

On my front this week, I made a Soundscape for Echoplex. It's designed to reflect the inside of a computer network. I hope you enjoy!

I dig the soundscape! Definitely felt like I was entering some sort of computer-plane dimension
clark_a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3006 on: May 23, 2016, 06:44:34 PM »

Thanks! And in full agreeance here...

Nice! They had me at naming the game Echoplex, right up my alley.
Evolves really nicely, what'd synths/sources did you use for this?

zminusone
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3007 on: May 24, 2016, 05:14:05 PM »

This is my first post on this thread. I thought I'd share something that's old, that I literally worked on (off and on) for about a year, and that isn't video game music at all. However, I've got a bunch of this stuff sitting around on my harddrive and I have to say it's where a lot of my "free time" goes. It's sort of Sci-Fi inspired, sound design heavy, drum and bass.

https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/lifeform

ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3008 on: May 24, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »

https://soundcloud.com/sajextryus-etc/900-broken-resistors

Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3009 on: May 24, 2016, 11:09:52 PM »

Ahoi. It's friggin cold in Munich again  Waaagh! so I finsihed a short little and pretty simple track I started writing when it was still winter:

https://soundcloud.com/michaelklier/a-tranquil-place

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

HoffmanIV
« Reply #3010 on: May 25, 2016, 12:42:32 AM »

Orchestral music is anything but my specialty, but I've been having thoughts about doing a short symphonic EP for some time. This short little sketch might be the seedling for such an album.

https://soundcloud.com/hoffman_iv/orchestral-sketch

If it sucks, let me know. If you like it, let me know. If you have tips, let me know. I want to branch out of the chiptune stuff a bit. Cheers guys.
zminusone
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3011 on: May 25, 2016, 03:00:45 PM »

New thing I made yesterday. Anyone else notice that some of the Komplete library stuff has slightly more energy to the right for some odd reason?

https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/dreamyforestbish

6down
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3012 on: May 25, 2016, 11:34:27 PM »

Mike, Tranquil Place is great!  You say short and simple, I say nice build-up and pacing, lots of intriguing sounds and rhythms.  Definitely could go into a game (is the soundcloud art related?), keep it up!

Hoff, your orchestral piece reminded me of a couple tracks from Halo 1, really great mood, even if like you said the emotion is slightly ambiguous; can be appreciated from a glass-half-full and a glass-half-empty perspective, like a battle's aftermath.  War may be over but we grieve for fallen soldiers kind of thing.  I think you've successfully expanded your wheelhouse, sir.

Z, both tracks are quite excellent.  Lifeform's quite atmospheric, amorphous yet structured, gave me an H.R.Giger-meets-Aphex-Twin vibe.
I really dig Dreamy Forest.  All the instruments really complement each other, the percussion, the flute and string riffs, it all paints a serene yet flighty, mysterious picture.  The bit at 1:15 and following quick-plucked melody, brilliant.  Listening to this song feels like searching for a satyr.

Here's one of three tracks I made during the last Ludum Dare:
https://soundcloud.com/6-down/peter-is-the-wolf
An homage to Prokofiev's suite, though musically quite different due to a 2012 U.S. Supreme Court ruling which removed the 1936 composition from the public domain.
Noyemi K
Level 0

[ * ] - we are all so hapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3013 on: May 26, 2016, 04:56:18 AM »

Orchestral music is anything but my specialty, but I've been having thoughts about doing a short symphonic EP for some time. This short little sketch might be the seedling for such an album.

https://soundcloud.com/hoffman_iv/orchestral-sketch

If it sucks, let me know. If you like it, let me know. If you have tips, let me know. I want to branch out of the chiptune stuff a bit. Cheers guys.
I think the piece certainly works, though in my opinion it could use some percussive sparkle like intermittent triangle hits. The piece begs for it!

I really dig your chiptunes too, particularly "Eibensbach" from your new EP. I'm not one for making NES stuff myself (I prefer NEC PC-88 and PC-98) so I have respect for anyone who can work with that and not want to tear their hair out.

For my bit I've been brushing up on my electronic and fusion scores:
This is a track for a demo game my friend is putting together, an escalating techno theme.

This is a "mysterious moments" track for a visual novel, a fusion track with a mix of traditional and electronic instruments.

This is an ambient-y PC-9801-86 chiptune, utilizing the full power of the 86 soundboard.
zminusone
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3014 on: May 27, 2016, 07:27:25 PM »

Hello humans,

This is an old one that I fiddled with a little bit today and sort of resurrected for the cloud. A simple solo piano tune I improvised one morning when I was feeling kind of sad ;(

https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/untitled-piano-improvisation

And the next one is a new one that I also made today. I tried to make something that is a rip off of Minority Report, one of my favorite John Williams scores actually. I'm still trying to learn a newish library I bought at the end of last year. Anyway, in the end, the stereo image is bogus. I also blanketed it in reverb =/ Will probably change stuff tomorrow... So much time spent producing electronic music has made me afraid of both stereo and reverb... I like dry & very mono compatible. This one is neither.
https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/tom-cruise-is-running-again

Bleh... time for food.

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3015 on: May 27, 2016, 10:54:33 PM »

I made a series of tracks inspired by the era of vikings, for games or docus concerned with those days..

6down
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3016 on: May 28, 2016, 12:57:50 PM »

Noyemi, that techno track is bouncing, slick synths and a nifty bassline! The melodies and arpeggios undergo simple yet elegant changes as the song progresses, and the main theme is a great riff, reminds me of some of the Sonic 2 music. 

"Requiem of the Nonexistent", what a name, but in my opinion the track lives up to the mysterious and eerie image invoked by the name.  As if...hm. ...as if the mood from the Beatles' "Nowhere Man" possessed an Ocean's-Eleven montage scene.  Yeah. Something like that.

I really dig that PC-9801-86 piece, the leads drop some serious groove and the drums really complement the riffs.  I'm new to chiptune composition myself, so finding stuff like this is quite helpful to me too.  Thanks!

------

Z, that piano improvisation is incredibly soulful. The G bass note is like the cold ground a bird with broken wings can't leave.  Starting at 3:40-ish, the melancholy takes on a new life as the piano grows more improvisational, reaching, and...hopeful.  Seriously, the brilliance of the this playing blows me away; by 5:15 I'm convinced you're a blood relative of Vince Guaraldi.
The ending returns us beautifully to the mood of the start, echoing Kübler-Ross' stage of "Acceptance".  This page is bookmarked and I truly hope you never stop making music.

The brass in "Cruise is Running" at 0:52 is some serious show-stopping soundtrack work, and the ensuing horns are quite William-esque.  I'm not too familiar with Minority Report, but based on the few stills and trailer snippets I've seen, it sounds like you're there.  Tweaking some compression and reverb like you mentioned in the track description, and I think you're off to the races.

------

2mass, awesome!  The track absolutely brings to mind a viking war party, the epic march-like drums really complement the ominous bagpipe melody (there some harmonic minor in there too?).  Eventually I'll have to try my hand at making something in this vein, inspired by warriors, wanderers, or vagabonds.

------

Thanks for sharing guys! Great batch of music.
My new chiptunes pale in comparison, but here they are anyway (new to the genre):

"Bit by Bit" - NES (Tweakbench's Peak, Toad, Triforce)

"Byte by Byte" - GENESIS (Yamaha YM2612)

Critique from talented folks like yourselves is especially valuable for a green composer like me; much appreciate if any chiptuners can give me tips or pointers on the genre.

Cheers!
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3017 on: May 28, 2016, 09:43:28 PM »

2mass, awesome!  The track absolutely brings to mind a viking war party, the epic march-like drums really complement the ominous bagpipe melody (there some harmonic minor in there too?).  Eventually I'll have to try my hand at making something in this vein, inspired by warriors, wanderers, or vagabonds.

------

My new chiptunes pale in comparison, but here they are anyway (new to the genre):

Critique from talented folks like yourselves is especially valuable for a green composer like me; much appreciate if any chiptuners can give me tips or pointers on the genre.

Cheers!
Thanks, glad you liked it man. Uhm, I can't help you much with chiptunes, but it seems you already know the most important bit, that chiptune relies so much on neato melodies, as the array of instruments/sound variations are limited. You sure seem to do that bit well, friend.

Try this thread for measure.. https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56139.0

It's bound to feature the best of the genre.

zminusone
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3018 on: May 29, 2016, 02:28:12 AM »

Couple more, bleh...

This one is some more fake orchestra stuff...

https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/elijah-wood-goes-volcano-spelunking-in-the-world-of-warcraft

And this one is another old drum and bass tune which has been sitting around for a while. I saw someone on here has Shodan as their Avatar... so they might like it. I'm trying to upload some of my old stuff over the next month or so, but because soundcloud is dumb and doesn't allow you to arrange the order I am going to do it slow. Otherwise I pitty the person who is looking for some nice VGM and all they hear is weird drum and bass.

https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/shodan

Thanks for the kind words @6down! I don't have any recommendations for chiptunes. Do you use the real chipsynths? I don't. Just curious. I got plogue chipsounds a couple months ago and have used it on a few chiptunes I've written recent-ish. I like it.

Also listened to your viking music @2mass, pretty sweet - I like the folksy sounding instruments.

Noyemi K
Level 0

[ * ] - we are all so hapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3019 on: May 29, 2016, 09:59:38 AM »

Cheers!

I use a programming language to write mine, which scares off most musicians. In that realm, all the effects are stuff you need to do with programming tricks—as such, if you tried it out right now you'd probably feel limited to some very basic things.

That being said, as for advice on composition, just listen to your favourite composers and try some of their techniques on for size. Your "Peter the Wolf" track from SC seems like a good thing to transcribe to electrical signals. See if you can get the same feel as that, with your chip stuff, and you're on your way!

Of course, I must follow my advice post with some music! I have for you today two themes of Pursuit for a visual novel I'm composing for:
Pursuit (low)
Pursuit (high)

These aren't chiptunes, they're mixed compositions (leaning electronic) but they'd be quite easy to write to play on PC-9801.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 172
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic