Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 04:53:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioShow us some of your music!
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 172
Print
Author Topic: Show us some of your music!  (Read 502179 times)
Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3060 on: July 02, 2016, 08:52:20 AM »

another snippet that came to me while experimenting with mood and instruments. =)

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3061 on: July 03, 2016, 04:15:24 AM »

You nailed it, Calined.. Especially the 'world' feel in the structure of the progression  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3062 on: July 04, 2016, 02:19:15 AM »

You nailed it, Calined.. Especially the 'world' feel in the structure of the progression  Hand Thumbs Up Left

wow, thanks so much! ^^
(this goes right onto my wall to wield off the negative comments that come from my head!) =)

Noyemi K
Level 0

[ * ] - we are all so hapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3063 on: July 04, 2016, 01:31:50 PM »

another snippet that came to me while experimenting with mood and instruments. =)

I was about to comment on the piano improve (great progression on that) but holy shit Sand City People. Finish that up son, that's some mystical magical shit there.

For the thread's consideration, I submit several chiptunes for YM2203 and YM2608:

EVENT_2.M (YM2203)
LAMSUN.M (YM2203)

Both of those split FM3's output through a fairly obscure programming trick to get more voices.

Mindstorm (Chaos) (YM2608 + 86 PCM)

This one uses a special stereo field trick using a DAC flag and glitch effects lovingly done in the source code.

Programmer dickwaving aside, I hope these sound as good as they were fun to program.
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3064 on: July 04, 2016, 11:41:45 PM »

wow, thanks so much! ^^
(this goes right onto my wall to wield off the negative comments that come from my head!) =)
The only one I can think of objectively, is that you should finish it. Half finished stuff is.. just that Smiley

Anyway, here for an upcoming game I can't go into details with.. It has recently been hijacked.

And a more cinematic approach..

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:37:41 AM by 2mass » Logged

Aamp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3065 on: July 06, 2016, 08:18:29 AM »

There's some bum notes in this but it's something I'm working on: https://soundcloud.com/aamptrack/inset2-unmixed-wip

Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3066 on: July 06, 2016, 02:33:03 PM »

I was about to comment on the piano improve (great progression on that) but holy shit Sand City People. Finish that up son, that's some mystical magical shit there.

For the thread's consideration, I submit several chiptunes for YM2203 and YM2608:

EVENT_2.M (YM2203)
LAMSUN.M (YM2203)

Both of those split FM3's output through a fairly obscure programming trick to get more voices.

Mindstorm (Chaos) (YM2608 + 86 PCM)

This one uses a special stereo field trick using a DAC flag and glitch effects lovingly done in the source code.

Programmer dickwaving aside, I hope these sound as good as they were fun to program.

thanks so much!^^
*pours honey into face*

wow i have little idea what all this means o.o
you are doing it the hardcore-oldschool way but with stepping through some backdoor that kind of existed?^^

i dig the vibe of them =D
feels oldschool but doesn't make me cringe like some raw chiptunes

i especially like the echoing metally/crystally sound in the 3rd one.

Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3067 on: July 06, 2016, 02:45:16 PM »

wow, thanks so much! ^^
The only one I can think of objectively, is that you should finish it. Half finished stuff is.. just that Smiley

Anyway, here for an upcoming game I can't go into details with.. It has recently been hijacked.

i might get back to it =)
but i am afraid i might destroy it XD
but usually it's better after i went through with it again^^

The Raid: i like the part that starts at 0:35! =)
has some eeriness to it and i like the texture of it.

By the Axe: i like the part at 1:30 . it reminds me of Diablo. =)
hm overall i find it a bit repetitive.
Especially since you mentioned "cinematic" i thought it would be less predictable and hard to follow.
(which i find makes movie soundtracks sometimes hard to listen to on their own cause they move to quickly with the image)
and i think the overall balance of all the instruments is nice and they work well together. =)
(now that i listen to it again i especially like the beginning i think)

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3068 on: July 06, 2016, 03:14:37 PM »

wow, thanks so much! ^^

i might get back to it =)
but i am afraid i might destroy it XD
but usually it's better after i went through with it again^^

The Raid: i like the part that starts at 0:35! =)
has some eeriness to it and i like the texture of it.

By the Axe: i like the part at 1:30 . it reminds me of Diablo. =)
hm overall i find it a bit repetitive.
Especially since you mentioned "cinematic" i thought it would be less predictable and hard to follow.
(which i find makes movie soundtracks sometimes hard to listen to on their own cause they move to quickly with the image)
and i think the overall balance of all the instruments is nice and they work well together. =)
(now that i listen to it again i especially like the beginning i think)
Hehe, well, half a track is useful if you know someone making half a game or something Smiley ..I think there are many in here actually Smiley

Jokes aside..

Thanks Calined.

Worth to add; It makes sense to lower the dynamics and sparks in soundtracks, unless you're trying to steal the focus from the game or movie. It's half the art if you ask me, to limit yourself, it's easy to flow in all sorts of directions. You know what I mean. Balance for the purpose Smiley

Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3069 on: July 09, 2016, 12:54:36 PM »

@2mass well half a game is already something~ ^^  Shrug
oh yeah, i know what you mean. i don't have experience with more serious films yet (or subtle) but only some animationprojects where my soundtrack almost serves as a sfx track, a bit cartoony, you know, helps to emphasize, but also a bit much at times.
i think there are also different approaches. =) (they all have certain moods or benefits i guess)

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3070 on: July 09, 2016, 08:30:34 PM »

Sure thing, Calined. Agreed Smiley

I love cartoonish music, haven't been all able to make much more than a few cirkus music inspired tracks myself tho, but I guess I haven't had much opportunity to try either  Smiley Can we hear some of this?

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3071 on: July 10, 2016, 12:41:57 AM »

I made a... track... this morning. Staccato, legato, like steam firecrackers, up and down the fairground..

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 04:44:47 AM by 2mass » Logged

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3072 on: July 10, 2016, 06:04:04 AM »

Hello, everyone! I haven't been on this thread in a while. Everyone's making such awesome stuff. Love the differences in style, too.

I recently revamped the Title Screen for Super Toaster X to reflect its Japanese Education based combat system. Check it out here at this link!

Also, I played Omnisphere Roulette, established by the well-known Sean Beeson. The rules are simple. Load 8 random patches in Omnisphere and make a ~30-second track using those 8. I guess you could do this with any VST, but Omnisphere is great for it given its variety. Listen to my "roulette" here!

P.S. - The Roulette I made is under the Creative Commons license (since I made it purely for fun), so feel free to download it and use it as you see fit Smiley

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
klabelkholosh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: July 10, 2016, 10:09:53 AM »

So much good stuff here! I'm trying to get into making chiptune-esque music. Here's something, perhaps, for a spot of spelunking:

https://soundcloud.com/klabelkholosh/caveofwonders_loop

That chick let my frog out
I mean it hopped and hopped, out into space
Adrian's gone, gone
eliasfrost
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: July 10, 2016, 01:58:32 PM »

I did this cover today of one of the tracks in Age of Empires 1. It was super fun to make!

https://soundcloud.com/elias-frost/aoeromemu06

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 03:22:45 PM by eliasfrost » Logged

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3075 on: July 10, 2016, 10:30:58 PM »

Nice chiptunes guys. I especially like your AoE cover, Elias. But you're all quite good at chiptunes.

Enough woodwinds and hollywood strings from me for now.. Sometimes you just have to..

- inspired by the movie Killing Zoe..

DuskedSky
Level 0

Jack of many trades, master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3076 on: July 10, 2016, 10:48:24 PM »

All of these tracks are so awesome! They motivate me not only to make more of my own music but also to get back to programming Cheesy. Also, to my surprise there are many faces here that I recognize!

My latest track (that's posted anyway)
https://soundcloud.com/kip-riusaki/wandering-lights

I've been trying to improve my mastering skills (cause they suck) for the music I'm working on for my upcoming Mother 3-esque RPG. I want the music to be very different from what the genre is usually associated with. This isn't one of the official tracks though (well at least not currently).

This one is on the older side. I made it for my previous project Hidden Land: The Lost Village.
https://soundcloud.com/hidden-land/hidden-land-the-lost-village-aozure4am

The game is based on real time and this is the 4AM theme!

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3077 on: July 10, 2016, 11:00:02 PM »

All of these tracks are so awesome! They motivate me not only to make more of my own music but also to get back to programming Cheesy. Also, to my surprise there are many faces here that I recognize!

My latest track (that's posted anyway)
https://soundcloud.com/kip-riusaki/wandering-lights

I've been trying to improve my mastering skills (cause they suck) for the music I'm working on for my upcoming Mother 3-esque RPG. I want the music to be very different from what the genre is usually associated with. This isn't one of the official tracks though (well at least not currently).

This one is on the older side. I made it for my previous project Hidden Land: The Lost Village.
https://soundcloud.com/hidden-land/hidden-land-the-lost-village-aozure4am

The game is based on real time and this is the 4AM theme!
Very nice. I know this thread is for our own music. But hey, I instantly thought of this guy when I heard your tracks..

https://soundcloud.com/uberlab/evil-engine-no-nein

You carry some of the same mood or sound or something. UberLab is one of my musical heroes, so you can take that as a huge kudos! I know I would Smiley

Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3078 on: July 11, 2016, 02:15:36 AM »

Can we hear some of this?

sure! =D

The latest score, where it was a bit less cartoony:

The score before that, where it was more cartoony:

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3079 on: July 11, 2016, 02:28:25 AM »

Very nice, Calined. Your music is a huge driver in these cartoons, making what you wrote earlier much more clear now - in this soundwise context. You create/carry/paint a large portion of the stories with your music and it all breaks down to something very professional for these purposes Hand Thumbs Up Left

My tracks come off as a great deal more static, even when I try to do something like that. Then it sounds more like a progressive piece of whatever, where the styles and moods shift progressively, but not nearly as connected as in your soundtracks. Again, very nice. I hope you land some good jobs!

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 172
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic