Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 04:15:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioShow us some of your music!
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 172
Print
Author Topic: Show us some of your music!  (Read 502168 times)
Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3080 on: July 11, 2016, 03:30:35 AM »

Very nice, Calined. Your music is a huge driver in these cartoons, making what you wrote earlier much more clear now - in this soundwise context. You create/carry/paint a large portion of the stories with your music and it all breaks down to something very professional for these purposes Hand Thumbs Up Left

My tracks come off as a great deal more static, even when I try to do something like that. Then it sounds more like a progressive piece of whatever, where the styles and moods shift progressively, but not nearly as connected as in your soundtracks. Again, very nice. I hope you land some good jobs!

Thanks so much!^^
Yeah, that is what i meant. The music is somewhat even joky/sketchy like slapstick, which sometimes feels a bit cheap i find. =/
But on the other hand, yes it works well together and adds extra to it. =)

This sounds so nice =))

But yeah, i think it makes it hard to listen to it on it's own (but that's not really the purpose anyways)
That's what i meant with alot of movie soundtracks (like Harry Potter and Star Wars... maybe it's just John Williams =P)
They feel like they follow the picture very closely(a bit more losely than in my case, but still)
Compared to your example.

This made me wonder, how you made it.
Did you have an actual video/clip on your hand while making it?
I load the clip/animatic/draft into my DAW and work very closely on that.
Like i even start with areas where i know "oh here should come a DUSH!" or "oh this is surprise" and then i basically make these musical sound effects and often also develop a theme from a still image/a motif and basically weave that inbetween those sound effects or even make the theme be the effect/a variation that fits

...  Shrug Sounds very iterative/simple/straight-forward to me, maybe it dissapoints me even a bit. =P

So how did you go about your Cinematic piece?

Thanks so much again =)

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3081 on: July 11, 2016, 03:56:08 AM »

Very nice, Calined. Your music is a huge driver in these cartoons, making what you wrote earlier much more clear now - in this soundwise context. You create/carry/paint a large portion of the stories with your music and it all breaks down to something very professional for these purposes Hand Thumbs Up Left

My tracks come off as a great deal more static, even when I try to do something like that. Then it sounds more like a progressive piece of whatever, where the styles and moods shift progressively, but not nearly as connected as in your soundtracks. Again, very nice. I hope you land some good jobs!

Thanks so much!^^
Yeah, that is what i meant. The music is somewhat even joky/sketchy like slapstick, which sometimes feels a bit cheap i find. =/
But on the other hand, yes it works well together and adds extra to it. =)

This sounds so nice =))

But yeah, i think it makes it hard to listen to it on it's own (but that's not really the purpose anyways)
That's what i meant with alot of movie soundtracks (like Harry Potter and Star Wars... maybe it's just John Williams =P)
They feel like they follow the picture very closely(a bit more losely than in my case, but still)
Compared to your example.

This made me wonder, how you made it.
Did you have an actual video/clip on your hand while making it?
I load the clip/animatic/draft into my DAW and work very closely on that.
Like i even start with areas where i know "oh here should come a DUSH!" or "oh this is surprise" and then i basically make these musical sound effects and often also develop a theme from a still image/a motif and basically weave that inbetween those sound effects or even make the theme be the effect/a variation that fits

...  Shrug Sounds very iterative/simple/straight-forward to me, maybe it dissapoints me even a bit. =P

So how did you go about your Cinematic piece?

Thanks so much again =)
I had no other source of inspiration than having Morricone and Adrian von Ziegler and alike in the back of my head, was looking for that sound you know, or at least a harsh mood, so I guess that was the inspiration there. But mostly von Ziegler harshed up a bit.
For the purpose of viking music, then I like to keep it simple. Chances are that vikings weren't all that advanced in their music since it's a long time ago. So I also keep our knowledge of roman era music alongside as well, when I write the melodies. I.e. keep them simple and on par with roman era music.

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3082 on: July 16, 2016, 01:21:26 AM »

So I published a new track on my official fb stream, mainly because I thought the notes looked funny as interpreted by a computer - as you can see here in a karaoke-like style..

Don't let this thread die people, it's too young and innocent. I have enjoyed almost every single track people post in here. Let's hear some more.

Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3083 on: July 17, 2016, 02:41:13 AM »

I had no other source of inspiration than having Morricone and Adrian von Ziegler and alike in the back of my head, was looking for that sound you know, or at least a harsh mood, so I guess that was the inspiration there. But mostly von Ziegler harshed up a bit.
For the purpose of viking music, then I like to keep it simple. Chances are that vikings weren't all that advanced in their music since it's a long time ago. So I also keep our knowledge of roman era music alongside as well, when I write the melodies. I.e. keep them simple and on par with roman era music.

oh wow now that sounds like you put alot of thought into it!^^
and i think it shows in the instrumentation and structure. =)

Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3084 on: July 17, 2016, 02:47:54 AM »

So I published a new track on my official fb stream, mainly because I thought the notes looked funny as interpreted by a computer - as you can see here in a karaoke-like style..

Don't let this thread die people, it's too young and innocent. I have enjoyed almost every single track people post in here. Let's hear some more.

yeah they look funny =)
i think there is a big difference on how we put the notes into the program and how we would put them onto the paper.
like they speak different languages.
although i guess there are program that handle notation and interpretation better~ =)

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3085 on: July 18, 2016, 07:48:21 AM »

Thanks a lot Calined. Also worth to mention is that roman art and weapons and instruments too yes, have been found in Danish tombs from the era of the roman empire. There have been some sort of trade among the danes and the romans, so I take that with me in my so called viking music.. Or iron age music, set to modern structures and thematic breakdowns and so forth of course.. I want to show you some actual roman era music..

You can hear that my iron age music is still distant from most of that theatrical music, but I do try to keep some trends, as in this quite new piece, based on some of the same things as the cinematic one.. But not quite anyway.. It's for the same line of tracks anyway.. Viking or iron age music with a touch of me.

Let's hear some more of yours, Calined.. I really enjoyed those you made for the cartoons. You really pulled that one off.. Are you selftaught or?

zminusone
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3086 on: July 18, 2016, 08:02:38 AM »

Hey guys,

I'm behind on this thread! Just got back from a short tour, etc... After being internet starved, I checked back to TIG and there's tons of stuff I've missed.

@amanfr01 Tony, I think I've already listened to both of these via twitter, but as always great music! The Super Toaster music has such a good vibe Smiley
@klabelkholosh dude, also really great vibe! Is this for a project? It does have that Terraria spelunking sound! I like the "cute" orchestrations too.
@eliasfrost Nice work! I didn't remember the music to AoE, but I think I played this when I was younger!
@2mass nice trashy beats on that last one! Do I detect some oscillator sync modulation? Wink
@duskedsky I've said this before I think, but I think you write very nice melodies & your production sounds good to me!
@calined cool scores! I find this kind of thing very intimidating to underscore action this closely, but I think you do a very very good job!

Anyway, I haven't written anything in the last week or two, because of traveling and stuff, but here's something I made recently sort of as spec work for something... did not work out, actually a pretty bad experience, but I thought the music turned out kind of sweet! Three short pieces: one is sort of a main theme, then a couple variations for different levels.

https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/sets/cute-little-demons

Also a few other things that I posted fairly recently, before the combined apocalypse of LAX & Heathrow Airport:

An old electronic track from back when I was making generative algorithms in reaktor. This one features sliced up recordings of medieval choral music.
https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/o-maria-stella-maris

This one is a jazz standard with me struggling to improvise in sort of a stride piano style, I should probably punch in a few spots, and my time kind of sucks, but it always sucks, heheheh:
https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/i-thought-about-you-van-heusen

Bleh, lots of crap... sorry, please don't feel the need to listen to any of it. I don't know why I felt the need to post it heheh

dbfs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 21, 2016, 07:44:43 AM »

I did this cover today of one of the tracks in Age of Empires 1. It was super fun to make!

https://soundcloud.com/elias-frost/aoeromemu06

Great job on this. I think the mix could use a little work, but it still sounds good. The tambourine is quite loud throughout the whole track - I'd bring it down in the mix and change to at least one other instrument (like a shaker) throughout the track so that it doesn't overstay its welcome. One little trick to make sure that your horns (really any breath instrument) sound more realistic is to have little pauses in between where phrases start to mimic when players take breaths. It adds a lot of realism.

All of these tracks are so awesome! They motivate me not only to make more of my own music but also to get back to programming Cheesy. Also, to my surprise there are many faces here that I recognize!

My latest track (that's posted anyway)
https://soundcloud.com/kip-riusaki/wandering-lights

I've been trying to improve my mastering skills (cause they suck) for the music I'm working on for my upcoming Mother 3-esque RPG. I want the music to be very different from what the genre is usually associated with. This isn't one of the official tracks though (well at least not currently).

This one is on the older side. I made it for my previous project Hidden Land: The Lost Village.
https://soundcloud.com/hidden-land/hidden-land-the-lost-village-aozure4am

The game is based on real time and this is the 4AM theme!

I don't hear any issues with your mastering, so I think that's a good thing.

I really like the delay you've got going on towards the end of your Hidden Land track (but I really love reverb and delay  Shrug)

Hello, everyone! I haven't been on this thread in a while. Everyone's making such awesome stuff. Love the differences in style, too.

I recently revamped the Title Screen for Super Toaster X to reflect its Japanese Education based combat system. Check it out here at this link!

Also, I played Omnisphere Roulette, established by the well-known Sean Beeson. The rules are simple. Load 8 random patches in Omnisphere and make a ~30-second track using those 8. I guess you could do this with any VST, but Omnisphere is great for it given its variety. Listen to my "roulette" here!

P.S. - The Roulette I made is under the Creative Commons license (since I made it purely for fun), so feel free to download it and use it as you see fit Smiley

Tony, I think the modulation at :30 may be to too foreign a key but I'm not sure and haven't worked out what you're doing here yet.

Here's my most recent track:
https://soundcloud.com/dan-drebing-music/starlight-mines
zminusone
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3088 on: July 21, 2016, 08:37:22 AM »

This is awesome! I listened to a few different things on your soundcloud; very nice stuff! Love the kind of Vangelis-esque sounds.  Beer!

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3089 on: July 21, 2016, 02:35:43 PM »

Tony, I think the modulation at :30 may be to too foreign a key but I'm not sure and haven't worked out what you're doing here yet.

All it is is a brief switch to Fminor, technically speaking. The first section is F Major, and the 2nd (around :30) starts on the VII of F, which is borrowed from Fminor. The use of the parallel minor isn't too uncommon in music, and it can go a long way of you don't start the modulated moment ON the tonic. If I started the second section on a i chord instead of the VII, the amount of interest would die down immensely. In fact, I barely use the i chord in that section. Keeps it varied Smiley.

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
dbfs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: July 22, 2016, 11:20:51 AM »

All it is is a brief switch to Fminor, technically speaking. The first section is F Major, and the 2nd (around :30) starts on the VII of F, which is borrowed from Fminor. The use of the parallel minor isn't too uncommon in music, and it can go a long way of you don't start the modulated moment ON the tonic. If I started the second section on a i chord instead of the VII, the amount of interest would die down immensely. In fact, I barely use the i chord in that section. Keeps it varied Smiley.

I wonder if avoiding the i makes it feel like there is a different tonal center and that you're working in some weird mode (to my ear, of course). I can't listen right now, but do you have any v-i resolutions or something similar to help people latch on to the tonic? Thanks for writing out your thought process! Hand Thumbs Up Left
ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3091 on: July 22, 2016, 10:22:41 PM »

been doing a bit

https://soundcloud.com/sajextryus-etc/fffuuuccckkkyyyooouuu
https://soundcloud.com/sajextryus-etc/drafts-51616
https://soundcloud.com/sajextryus-etc/drafts71016

eliasfrost
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: July 23, 2016, 01:07:31 AM »

@dbfs Thank you for your feedback. I will definitely try that out, great advice!

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3093 on: July 24, 2016, 12:26:15 AM »

@2mass nice trashy beats on that last one! Do I detect some oscillator sync modulation? Wink
Heh, it's been many years, it was prolly dblue glitch or something Tongue The track is inspired by Tomandandy's Red Drugs.. It's duly notable now and then.
Anyway, I haven't written anything in the last week or two, because of traveling and stuff, but here's something I made recently sort of as spec work for something... did not work out, actually a pretty bad experience, but I thought the music turned out kind of sweet! Three short pieces: one is sort of a main theme, then a couple variations for different levels.

https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/sets/cute-little-demons

Also a few other things that I posted fairly recently, before the combined apocalypse of LAX & Heathrow Airport:

An old electronic track from back when I was making generative algorithms in reaktor. This one features sliced up recordings of medieval choral music.
https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/o-maria-stella-maris

This one is a jazz standard with me struggling to improvise in sort of a stride piano style, I should probably punch in a few spots, and my time kind of sucks, but it always sucks, heheheh:
https://soundcloud.com/zminusone/i-thought-about-you-van-heusen

Bleh, lots of crap... sorry, please don't feel the need to listen to any of it. I don't know why I felt the need to post it heheh
Nice tracks, as usual from you. The o Maria track, well, once again we've made something similar. I just did it with a creative commons acapella.

skrjablin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3094 on: July 30, 2016, 08:02:48 AM »

The first track is funky as hell! Great job, the sound landscape sounds really professional and cool! Sorry about the rights issue for the job, I hope you find other work as you deserve it!

I haven't done any music for a while as I'm focusing on getting my game done programming-wise, but I did this soundtrack for a fast boat cruise or something. Don't know if it would fit in any game, rather some kind of title music for some 1970's TV show or something...  Cheesy

https://soundcloud.com/lars-johan-martin-nilsson/swift-across-the-waves

デッアンソニー
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: July 30, 2016, 12:03:07 PM »

Hey everyone, just created kind of a sad town theme with kind of a mystical flare to it.
Let me know what you guys think ^^

https://soundcloud.com/danthoni-wooten/desolate-village
Enrique Ponce
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3096 on: August 08, 2016, 01:23:51 PM »

Just finished recording in London two months ago and very happy to share this piece with you all. I have another project being released this month for iOS called Rubek so be sure to look for that soon!

https://soundcloud.com/enriqueponce/airship-duel

Cheers  Beer!

Film & Video Game Composer
www.enriqueponcemusic.com

Contact at [email protected]
Chaotrope
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3097 on: August 10, 2016, 12:27:48 AM »

I'm creating the soundtrack for a music-focused RPG that's currently in development, Tuneria, which is in the vein of Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger, Undertale, and the like. The music has somewhat of a retro feel, with chiptune instruments being used frequently. Follow updates to the game and it's progress at www.twitter.com/tuneriadevs.

I've been working on it for 3 months now, and I've started to develop a few overlying themes, and I feel like everything is coming together, albeit slowly.

You can find select uploads from the game on my soundcloud profile at https://soundcloud.com/chaotrope/sets/tuneria-ost

I'm looking for any feedback or recommendations.

Composer of music for a number of video games, including Deadpour: Tactics and Tuneria, a music-centered RPG. Author of Chaotrope songs on RockBand Network.

Stay up to date with my new music at https://soundcloud.com/chaotrope
Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3098 on: August 11, 2016, 01:19:15 AM »

I'm creating the soundtrack for a music-focused RPG that's currently in development, Tuneria, which is in the vein of Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger, Undertale, and the like. The music has somewhat of a retro feel, with chiptune instruments being used frequently. Follow updates to the game and it's progress at www.twitter.com/tuneriadevs.

I've been working on it for 3 months now, and I've started to develop a few overlying themes, and I feel like everything is coming together, albeit slowly.

You can find select uploads from the game on my soundcloud profile at https://soundcloud.com/chaotrope/sets/tuneria-ost

I'm looking for any feedback or recommendations.

cool battle theme =D
i like the "wickedness" of it and in some parts you really got that oldschool "iuuu iii" from the psx rpg battles down i think. ^^
i was surprised by how long and complex it is =)

i also enjoyed the beginning of the title theme! quite hmm grand! =D

Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3099 on: August 11, 2016, 01:20:14 AM »

i made a catchy jpop-esque song the other day for the AGBIC jam ^^

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 172
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic