Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:53:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessUsing Creative Commons music in games
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Using Creative Commons music in games  (Read 8221 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 03:25:53 PM »

Well, I guess it's best to be incredibly safe, and yeah, go for no donations.  You wouldn't want to put yourself in a bad legal position; too risky I'd say.
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 06:38:35 PM »

Well, I guess it's best to be incredibly safe, and yeah, go for no donations.  You wouldn't want to put yourself in a bad legal position; too risky I'd say.
Too risky, what? Braw, I don't think that pretty much anyone would care that you're getting donations for your work. Even big corporations take bigger risks than your paranoid-ass. Put yourself out there more. Girls like that.

I say make all the money you want. Nobody is going to sue you before asking you to cease your means of profiting, and it's unlikely that anyone would even care, especially if it's not outright selling.

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 06:50:24 PM »

If you take that approach, it's unlikely they's sue you if you use CC music in commercial games either, but it'd still be against the spirit of why they made the music. It's not about being risky or not, it's about being civil or not.

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 08:27:19 PM »

It's not about being risky or not, it's about being civil or not.
That's a very valid point, and one that I definitely believe in.  It's the reason that I wouldn't even use CC music in a game without direct permission from the author.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic