Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 04:34:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Great Escape
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Great Escape  (Read 1108 times)
ratalaika
« on: April 03, 2013, 06:17:04 AM »

OLD SHIT I'M ASHAMED OF
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:55:00 AM by ratalaika » Logged
Gib
Level 0

sup?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 06:43:00 AM »

Well, you're not doing yourself any favor here.

Posting a finished game right away in the devlog section isn't quite the way things seem to work, so you may upset some people here. Especially when your game is quite a blatant clone/redo of another one, in this case /Escape\. At the very least, change the name.

There isn't too much harm though, as your game is free, but would still be cool to give the reference/inspiration (and link to it).

For your next one, you might want to try something different, not caring too much about other games and focusing more on what cool things you could do with your own. Unless you want to work at Zynga later, that is.

Actual feedback: the logo is pretty nice, as the art (minus the player sprite).

Welp, twitter and stuff. And b__g.
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 07:32:18 AM »

The Announcements section would've been more appropriate.

schonstal
Level 0

PEW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 12:31:03 PM »

You found it!! I used to play that game a lot a couple of years ago!
I inspired this game in what I remember about it! I did not remember the name of the game or where I played because that happen like 2 or 3 years ago, though, as soon as I can I'll add a link in my website to give the proper credit to ESCAPE Smiley. I have no trouble in recognize their work, my game is just a way to get better skills in programming and making games not a way to make money that's why the game is free.

About "Posting a finished game right away in the devlog section isn't quite the way things seem to work, so you may upset some people here." where should I post my finished game the next time?? I'm quite new in this forum :S

Thanks for the feedback and for finding the original ESCAPE too.

The resemblance here is uncanny; it's a clone through and through. Everything is extremely similar, straight down to the movement and effects. It's likely that you just took the code from my game (escape) and reskinned it, but I can't say for sure without your code.

Because you're being so blatant about it and not showing any respect or remorse, I've sent google a DMCA takedown request.

Why you gotta be like this, man?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic