Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:48:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingSingle Screen Story
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Single Screen Story  (Read 1281 times)
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2013, 02:02:28 PM »

Hey everyone , I'm making a single screen puzzle platformer and I'm just asking myself if it's even possible to incorporate a plot in it , I was thinking of ... Well ... Messages delivered to the player in a white font but I'm not sure about it ... I want to find a plot to make the player wonder about what's going on ? here's my try about it ...

make the player finish the game and make him jump on killer blocks ... and then send a screen "the end?"

make him restart all the puzzles but by collecting some artifacts with note on them , kinda like portal 1 and then he needs to deduct a form ( In the game , the player can control the terrain in a tiled fashion ... ) and that form can lead to many endings ...

How about that ?
Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 02:55:48 PM »

Honestly, forced death doesn't sound like a good idea to me AT ALL, especially if you have to restart the whole game. Unless, of course, you're talking about that being the game's "bad" ending, in which case, you'd better make the game have a lot of replayability and a really good alternate ending. However, I think you're definitely better with making the story come out through the gameplay when possible, especially for a more simple genre like platform games. Don't go with the text unless either it works the best or you can't think of something that works better.

Also, your gimmick sounds quite interesting, I can't wait to see how you progress!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic