Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 12:04:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingIrys Wars - a Persistant Browser Strategy Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Irys Wars - a Persistant Browser Strategy Game  (Read 429 times)
SilverSwift
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2013, 07:30:34 PM »

Hello TIGSource Community,

I wanted to show you Irys Wars, a browser strategy game with villages, military and things like that.

I developed most of the game on my gap year between school and university. Back then, it was online for about a year but after the domain expired I never did renew it. Now, 2 years later, I've decided to put it back on the internet.

I am now doing some finishing touches to complete it and let it stay on the web for some longer time. The new improvements consist mostly of bug fixes, writing guides and altering strange gameplay elements (which, at the time sounded pretty good).

Here are some screenshots of it: http://imgur.com/a/KstxC
  • The first picture is the Village View: from there you see the most important information and have access to all other options.
  • The second picture is from a Battle: the battles are performed by an AI and you receive the visual reports that you can view.
  • (more pictures can be found on the game website)

I'd be very grateful if you guys could take a look at it and tell me your feedback.

More precisely, feedback on these points would be awesome:
  • How do you feel at the beginning of the game? (overwhelmed, clueless, natural, etc.)
  • How can I publicize the game without spending a lot of money (I am not expecting to earn money with the game, I just want to leave it in the internet and target it for that niche of players)
  • What is the correct genre name for these type of games?

Cheers,
SilverSwift

~ Thanks to moatdd for the great profile pic ~
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic