Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411519 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:18:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignBased on the box art, design the game?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Based on the box art, design the game?  (Read 30098 times)
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2008, 08:09:55 PM »

a 3d person game much like dead rising but instead of zombies in a mall you are stuck at a furries convention. CAN YOU MAKE IT OUT ALIVE!!

FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2008, 09:14:18 PM »

In a dark future where love between cats and bunnies jaguars AND LYNXES is strictly forbidden, you, Trevor McFur, dare to break the law. Banished to the desert of floating skeletons, can you reunite with your lost love?

It'll be like a very campy Seiklus.

Edited for Gainsworthy!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:18:55 PM by FishyBoy » Logged
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »

The girl is quite obviously a Lynx.

Also, I fear the actual game will outdo any of our attempts to interpret it. But hell, we can try.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2008, 10:02:20 PM »

The girl is quite obviously a Lynx.
Undecided Huh? Shocked WTF

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2008, 12:26:57 AM »

You are Trevor McFeuer a once-prolific human scientist with the Crescent Galaxy Tech. Corporation, researching genome splicing. You were kidnapped by protesters and forced through the highly unstable, untested process which you yourself had been developing. Through a horrifically painful process, the Jaguar DNA in the machine begins to fuse with your own. The onlooking protesters are sickened just by watching the process - three faint and the rest flee. Whether they for their sanity or their lives is a question, as shortly before the process completes, the machine fails and explodes. The three protesters on the ground are enveloped and similarly fused with the DNA of animals from a nearby rack of test-tubes. When it's all over, you find yourself covered in fur and with the features of a wild animal, but retaining your bipedal, vocal, and cognitive capabilites. The other people that were caught in the process show similar effects, all having fur and the features of various felines. You decide to go after the ones that fled and kill them one by one.
It starts out as a 3rd person shooter, but as the game progresses you become more and more feline and less and less human. Your cat-urges lead you to seek out the only other female cat-hybrid that was caught in the 'splosion. Apparently the other guys had the same idea so you have to fight (and brutally kill) them to get her. The story will feign depth, and constantly hint that there is some deep plot brewing, with twists and turns and betrayals, but as your feline urges progress you lose sight of your goal, and your body slowly regresses to a quadrupedal form. During this time there are tons of tiny-but-fun sidequests to do that will make you think your progressing but actually aren't, as well as having to tend to needs such as food, laying low (I mean, you're a Jaguar-man in a sci-fi city. Don't want to draw attention lest you get lazer'd) and secks with your similarly regressing cat-girlfriend. Whereas normally the missions in games become more complex as they progress, the missions in this game become simpler, correlating with your deteriorating cognitive abilities. Before you know it you'll have completely ignored the story missions so much that you become incapable of completing them, and the game ends with you, unable to speak, unable to think beyond instinct, unable to wield weapons, fully transformed into a Jaguar, and having never exacted your revenge.

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2008, 12:28:31 AM »

What? Fishy originally said love between Jaguars was outlawed. They ain't both Jaguars.  Gentleman to Fishy for changing the post so quickly.

ALSO: that there's a damned outstanding idea Xion. I think this compo should actually happen.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2008, 02:29:56 AM »

(the one on the left)

I have too much time on my hands, I think.

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »

Julie finds a way through college, debt-free.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
The-Imp
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2008, 10:30:18 AM »

Julie finds a way through college, debt-free.
Thats genius.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2008, 12:43:23 PM »

Karnov is actually pretty much what the boxart implies.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2008, 01:11:23 PM »

Yeah, I won't hear a bad sentiment about Karnov. It's pretty much the pinnacle of human achievement.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2008, 02:00:45 PM »

Yeah no box art could truly render the mess that is Karnov the game for real.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Zaphos
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2008, 02:45:22 PM »

I only played this version:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/Karnov.htm
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2008, 03:00:18 PM »

You're dead to me.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2008, 03:34:11 PM »

You're dead to me.
I meant mass, as in a celebration, a founding myth, a new cultural impregnation for the ages.
No box art could render the surprising sprites that you will encounter while playing this game.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2008, 04:49:18 PM »

Also:

DjangoDurango
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »

Ferretypie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2008, 05:56:57 PM »

In a post-apocalyptic land where homosexuality is banned, two rough and ready beauty therapists must race for their own personal eden.
Unfortunately for them, the maniacal government discovered their plans and in an act of cruelty, placed bombs inside their heads, which shall explode if their eyes seperate.
Take control of the couple as they escape the governments lab and work their way towards their final fight against the evil system and its oppression.
increpare
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2008, 06:04:56 PM »

OPTICAL ILLUSION TIME:

Two dudes, or a vase?
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2008, 09:34:02 PM »

Two dudes, or a vase?

Wait, there are... OH! OOOOH! Oh.

That box makes alot more sense now.