Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:46:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignBased on the box art, design the game?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: Based on the box art, design the game?  (Read 30091 times)
Mentalpatient109
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2008, 08:33:49 PM »

Edit: Has Billy the Wizard been posted? I can't remember, but I'm too lazy to look.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 08:36:56 PM by Nameko » Logged
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »

GET IT AWAY
GET IT AWAYYYYY

Zaphos
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2008, 09:00:55 PM »

Edit: Has Billy the Wizard been posted? I can't remember, but I'm too lazy to look.
Nope, feel free to post it Smiley
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2008, 11:23:13 PM »

This is the same cover as Final Fight, but both men have been staring at each other for so long that it is now the future far-flung future of 20XX and they have slowly become identical. Each has become the thing they most hated... THE OTHER!

I believe it is what is commonly called 'irony'.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2008, 03:57:40 AM »

This is a nice compo idea, as long as we can get a whole collection of crazyfuck/horrible/highly-open-to-interpretation box arts, I'm totally down for this.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2008, 03:59:15 AM »

This is a nice compo idea, as long as we can get a whole collection of crazyfuck/horrible/highly-open-to-interpretation box arts, I'm totally down for this.

Maybe we should have a "create box art" compo first then?

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2008, 07:50:33 AM »

You play as  Mike Haggar, holding your desires to kiss thugs when contemplating teh ancient glyphs of combat.

Zaphos
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2008, 12:31:23 PM »

Isn't that what this thread is? Wink

You play as  Mike Haggar, holding your desires to kiss thugs when contemplating teh ancient glyphs of combat.
Or perhaps it's like chulip in a post-apocalyptic war torn landscape.  Melt the hearts of thugs by showing them a little love ... and a lot of tongue.  Bring peace through a policy of systematic, preemptive kisses.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2008, 01:54:25 PM »

Zaphos wins. Everything.
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2008, 02:38:14 PM »

GAY JOKE.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2008, 02:55:54 PM »

HAHA
DjangoDurango
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2008, 01:28:40 AM »

Bring peace through a policy of systematic, preemptive kisses.

He probably ought to shave his 'stache first. Wouldn't want some thug to get a case of stubble burn and think it's assault.
Snake
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2008, 04:04:15 AM »

Slightly off topic, but I just found this:

Before his days in the perspecive-contortion universe, appairantly he spent his days traveling to distant planets and erradicate it's helpless inhabitants together with his girlfriend. She's arguebly more unstable than he is. I mean, she's so eager to kill the things that she forgot to put her suit on.

...I'm starting to like this guy.

Oh, by the way. Am I the only one that's noticed this?

I suppose the boxart is open to interpretation again...

DjangoDurango
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2008, 04:40:54 AM »

Slightly off topic, but I just found this:

So... are non-game covers acceptable? 'Cause have I got some cover art for you.
Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2008, 04:04:48 PM »

A game about a baby, that after taking cough syrupe, sees his brothe playing Puzzle Bubble, and hallucinating with, he is dragged to a world of drugs, arcades, hallucinations and sunglasses

In close future, the WWF popularity has decreased. To go back to the top they introduce arcade tournaments. And you, a high school boy, impopular, and with advanced acne, but talent for arcades has decided to enter to become popular and get the love of your teenage crush. Now you battle your favorite pro-wrestlers, risking to be awfully ashamed, and getting a piledriver.

Mentalpatient109
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2008, 10:07:35 PM »

Mush
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2008, 01:01:46 AM »

A Homophobe (possibly the same as the first one.. I mean look at his left foot) is sent on a mission to a secret homosexual dance club (see left of the M on the cover) located in a volcano to stop the scientist which created the tight uniforms everyone is required to wear.

Well... now it's time to bring out the big guns
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ashen1/pics/MetrocrossST.jpg  Metro Cross
http://psxmedia.ign.com/psx/image/object/002/002036/600531boxart_160w.jpg  Courier Crisis
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 01:13:01 AM by Mush » Logged
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2008, 01:58:58 AM »

A strategy game set in a world where everyone lives on islands floating in lava. It's highly dynamic because the islands are mobile, creating an ever-shifting battlefield. You can control multiple islands and build upon them, but land is scarce so you need to be careful with what you build. Sure, that lava propeller will give your island unprecedented maneuverability, but it'll have to be built over the farmlands, so the island will need to make frequent pit stops at other islands to replenish its food resources.

You can also summon spirits, including DEATH and GOD, who have the power to destroy an island completely. This is a risky move, though, because you can never bring back islands that you destroy.

FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2008, 04:24:15 AM »

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2008, 06:25:53 AM »

A strategy game set in a world where everyone lives on islands floating in lava. It's highly dynamic because the islands are mobile, creating an ever-shifting battlefield. You can control multiple islands and build upon them, but land is scarce so you need to be careful with what you build. Sure, that lava propeller will give your island unprecedented maneuverability, but it'll have to be built over the farmlands, so the island will need to make frequent pit stops at other islands to replenish its food resources.

You can also summon spirits, including DEATH and GOD, who have the power to destroy an island completely. This is a risky move, though, because you can never bring back islands that you destroy.

Now I want an RTS game like that.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic