Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:41:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesFar Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon  (Read 5747 times)
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 05:54:32 PM »

It looks like a reskin, with a different story, and a few graphics tweaks, to make it all neon. It's like an AAA mod.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 10:29:53 PM »

Yeah I'm buying it, 17 bucks for this shit, I'd buy it for 40..

When I heard about this I was expecting it to be $60, but $17 (I heard 15, maybe I'm wrong) is a pretty damn good deal.
The IGN video also sold it to me more, as if I wasn't already sold on it.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 04:39:50 AM »

Oh yes, I was so waiting for the comeback of 90s style FPS right after they discovered colored lighting effects, and every environment looked like the inside of a clown's intestines after eating a bag of skittles.
Shall we call it 90s looks, just so we don't get confused over "style" referring to gameplay (like the Rise of the Triads remake) or graphics?
forwardresent
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 03:21:22 PM »

I've played the intro and so far I've minigunned things to Long Tall Sally and flipped people off who I've just threw a shuriken at. It is ridiculous, and I like it.

This game in a nutshell.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 04:15:39 PM »

I'm currently installing it.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 03:43:00 AM »

Definitely buying this. Congrats to Dean on making a modern TC.

Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 10:39:07 AM »

So, the biggest problem with the game so far is one that I feel is inherent of all "parody" games.  To parody a problematic feature of a game, you typically have to emulate it.  This means that if you are parodying something that isn't fun, you have to put something that isn't fun in your game.  I get that the tutorial is short and is a joke, but it is still a shitty way to start the game.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 12:34:14 PM »

I thought it was a good joke. Shrug

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 09:33:09 PM »

fuck it, I'm buying it.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 10:40:52 PM »

most of the humor in the game is pretty terrible, but I did laugh at a few parts. the main reason I enjoyed it was for the visual aesthetic and varied areas. each mission is different, and all the garrisons can be taken in various ways.

there's a lot of choice in the game with how you approach missions, how you customize your gear, and in your play-style. I enjoy that it doesn't hide the fact that it has a shallow RPG system, and just automatically gives you certain upgrades/bonuses when you level up. I really dislike the latest trend in action games where every game has to have an RPG level up bonuses or whatever.

aside from the lame story and reference orgy this is probably the funnest shooter I've played in a very long time. nice enemy and mission variety, fun side quests, great shooting mechanics, vehicles, secrets, a few set pieces, cool music and graphics, etc. really surprised ubisoft made this game because it's actually good.
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 07:29:33 AM »

I thought the storyline and one-liners were pretty funny. It's ridiculously over the top, and the actually shooting mechanics and gameplay is solid and fun. Worth playing.

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2013, 02:53:14 AM »

I'm not sure I have anything to say that allen didn't already say.  I guess I wasn't totally a fan of the leveling up.  Not because I wanted choice in the leveling up, but I guess I don't really see a need for leveling up.  It just serves to make the game easier as you progress, which just cuts the tension.

The ability to tailor your weapon load-out to your play style worked really well.  The storyline was fine.  I mean, it was horrible and cheesy but it was going for that.  The humor was much more iffy, as they actually tried to be funny and failed most of the time.  I think I smirked like 3 times, and maybe chuckled once. That being said, all in all, I'm very happy for the $15.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2013, 12:06:35 PM »

I didn't really understand the leveling up and I didn't know if it was actually doing anything.

Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 01:00:56 PM »

It just sort of makes you more durable, in general.  I think that it winds up doubling your health bar, and allowing you to heal 4 health bars at a time if you don't have a health kit.  The only thing that changed how I played was the ability to use a takedown on the heavy enemies.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2013, 06:40:13 PM »

Ahh.
I did love upgrading my sniper rifle to have higher capacity mags and explosive rounds. Made taking over the rest of the bases real easy.

solkar
Level 0

One chili to bind them into hotness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 10:01:39 PM »

There's any chance of getting a handgun with laser sight? That's the top-nocht of 80s weaponry. Tell me there is and I'm buying it right away!!!  Hand Any KeyShocked Hand Joystick

Of course the laser sight must render completely useless. I just want it to dress up the weapon.
solkar
Level 0

One chili to bind them into hotness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 10:59:32 PM »

Haven't listened to what you posted yet but I saw the trailer (without sound) and wanted to share my favorite neo 80's artists. I love neo 80's stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/lazerhawk
https://soundcloud.com/miami-nights-1984
https://soundcloud.com/noir-deco
https://soundcloud.com/com-truise
https://soundcloud.com/teslaboy

Lazerhawk is by far my favorite.

Awesome music. Lazerhawk goes straight to my "Working" playlist.
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2013, 06:54:08 AM »

Reasonably fun so far, for an FPS.

It doesn't like my video card, though, I get memory errors after a couple hours of play. Or maybe it's heat, suddenly summer started here, temps of 23'C plus...

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
ThunderMare
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2013, 03:40:28 AM »

Saw my fried playing this game. It looked very cool and old style.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2013, 05:17:36 AM »

Reasonably fun so far, for an FPS.

It doesn't like my video card, though, I get memory errors after a couple hours of play. Or maybe it's heat, suddenly summer started here, temps of 23'C plus...
Memory errors usually involves overheating, yes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic