Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:45:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookDark Matter Planet [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Dark Matter Planet [FINISHED]  (Read 25134 times)
scytos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2008, 09:54:08 AM »

That was surprisingly fun. At first I felt it was hard to find and kill enemies, but since there are few enemies, I managed to advance. I wouldn't imagine that block pushing would work well in a game like this, and it did. The sound hints added a lot to the game. Oh, and I agree with everyone else about the endgame, though it's not something I actually thought of before reading other posts.

Excellent work. Smiley

I am curious to see how this game would work with moving platforms. That would be tricky. Smiley
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008, 05:54:54 PM »

The atmosphere was a lot creepier than I was expecting. The first time I died, I went  Shocked

The gameplay got a bit frustrating for me after a while. This might just be because I'm a very visual person, though. Either way, it's an interesting concept to expand upon.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2008, 11:17:26 PM »

I just remembered I was supposed to put an attribution to the people from freesound.org whose sounds I used. I hope nobody will mind if I do it here: Thanks to datasoundsample, inferno, EcoDTR, patchen, roscoetoon, ERH, austpaul, lgarrett, Walter_Odington, Halleck, freqman, medialint, BenBoncan, sagetyrtle, wolfsinger, luffy, soalicesays, Nurykabe, metamorphmuses, deathpie, acclivity, Corsica_S and WIM. I don't know any of you, but cheers for the sounds!  Beer!

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2008, 04:52:07 AM »

Only having four shots is really hard. Well, for me at least. Other then that I love it.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2008, 10:18:15 AM »

This is cool and scary and kept me interested much longer than I thought it would. I like how you have to judge your shots, and that killing an enemy felt as scary as getting killed yourself. And I enjoyed what felt like a new way of learning about the world by interacting with it. I couldn't work out what was up with the sound, but have decided that was atmospheric rather than annoying. It would be nice if things were generally smoother and the game didn't slow down so much when lots of pellets were on screen.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic