Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:57:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfolios[For Hire] [+22 Yrs] Experienced Gml Coder, Game Designer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [For Hire] [+22 Yrs] Experienced Gml Coder, Game Designer  (Read 3995 times)
lordcyber12
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2013, 07:18:14 PM »

---> Introduction

My name is Leandro Saccoletto (you can call me Leo for short) , a brazilian intermediate-advanced Game Maker programmer , bachelor in physics, and game designer (not a typical "idea guy").

---> Contact Info

You can contact me using these following ways:

- PM at this forum

- e-mail: [email protected]

- Discord by LeandroSaccoletto#0779.

- Facebook/Messenger : Leandro Saccoletto

---> Current Skills

I own the lastest Game Maker Studio 2.3.2 (Desktop and Mobile).

My main focus is with 2D game genre. Normaly I received requests for 2d platformers, puzzle and arcade games. I'm quite versatile with almost any genre and for new type of challenges.Here is a sample of stuff that I can.

--- Platfomer and Top Down

--> Basic Motion (walk,jump,wall jump, crouch , shoot, swim, hurt and others states) with collision (objects or tiles) and slopes

-->Finite State Machine.

-->A persistent system (so enemy killed or items already collected won't appear more in the level)

-->HUD elements

--> Enemy, bosses and gimicks AI (like vertical,horizontal, circular platforms, door, jump thorught blocks, water , hazards and so on)

-->Parallax effect and blood splat as example of effects

--> Pause, inventory, save/load structure, map sytem similar to Castlevania,
  -- Special effects with particles or sprites, or use of tweens, implementation of shaders effects picken in the web.
  -- Creating objects to easy the level designing.
  -- Custom key setting, display resolution changing, music and sound volume.
  -- Crafting system, dialogue system(with multiple choice and letter by letter effect) and others elements.
  -- Grid motion
  -- Dialogue box type writing effect.
  -- Bullet Hell's bullets patterns
  -- support for keyboard/mouse, gamepad or touch.

--- Puzzles and Arcade

-- Clones of known games (tetris, 2048, match-3 games , endless games, Tower defense, arkanoid, bomberman)

-- Level difficulty increases with time and wit rules (for endless games)

-- Original games, with rules given to me to do.

-- Menu system with swipes and other fancy effects

-- RPG

-- battle menu type or more action-oriented type.

--- Adventure point and click

--basic setup
  --context cursor (look, walk, use, pick, talk)
  -- inventory to pick, lock and combine items.
  -- basic NPC interaction.

---> Game Design

-- Wth my background as coder, I can concept and developed reliable ideas from the discussions made with my client.
  -- Development of a GDD (Game Design Document) as a guide to maker clear the game ideas and to save time and money.
  -- In can design enemy,boss AI viable ideas, gimmicks concepts and game's flow

---> Others

- Optimization, code cleaning and organization of your code.
  - Create debug tools to help you tracks problems or make easy to test some gameplay features. They range message at debug widown, cheat keys and some stuff that can "skip" a part of the game to the area that you wanted investigate further.
  - Port projects from Construct 3 or Clickteam Fusion 2.5 to Game Maker Studio 2. That include improvements from the limited "table style" code  used by these tools.
  - Experience in deal with spine animations and their issues that requires some workarounds
  - Add more details in special effects and animation effects with Tweens
  - Touching controls (tap, drag, swipe)
  - Tweaking and bug fixing already existing engines.
  - Prototyping games to test ideas

--Working and Payment

I don't work with revenue share deals.

I can work from a simple task request to a full project. The rules can be set by a design document, a to-do list, or an idea that I'll try expand and give you my thought to see that you agree or not.
  I'll try my best to do an initial estimate the time that will take care to do what you want and we discuss the price for this. If it is complicate to estimate, we can estimate in smaller sections.

As payment method, I have paypal and transferwise. Can be a hourly price and paid by the hours that I worked so far. Or I can be receive one part before the work and the other part after the work is finished.

You can have communication by several apps and sharing builds or animated gifs that show progress.

In the case of the task is clean an problematic code, I highly recommend , if possible, add

comments in the code and try to organize it in the best way. With this, I can understand faster the code, work sooner with fixes and new features, and you will save time and money.

For  game designing, or other stuff associated, I prefer Skype or Discord for the talking. and sharing files with this, Dropbox, Google Driver.

Here has several positive reviews from previous clients. And some references of commercial games done.
https://forum.gamemaker.io/index.php?threads/for-hire-22-yrs-experienced-gml-coder-and-game-designer-looking-for-work.446/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 10:06:39 AM by lordcyber12 » Logged
☠️
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 03:36:13 PM »

I'm looking for someone to work on a small GM:S game mobile game if you're still taking work.
lordcyber12
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 04:28:29 PM »

Added positive reviews link of my previous clients as reference.
lordcyber12
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 06:04:06 PM »

Avaliable for new works
lordcyber12
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 03:51:27 PM »

Avaliable for new offers
lordcyber12
Level 0