Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411744 Posts in 69406 Topics- by 58460 Members - Latest Member: hideworks

May 23, 2024, 09:34:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsYet another "wanna-be in a team" thread (Yawiath)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Yet another "wanna-be in a team" thread (Yawiath)  (Read 2014 times)
forto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 18, 2013, 04:59:17 AM »

I am a self-proclaimed game designer  Gentleman . I think stuff that someday will become great videogames  My Word!

But I haven't programming skills  Panda

This is why I am looking for people crazy-minded like me that may be interested in my game concept and willing to invest spare time to make it happen. Currently I am working on 5 game concept that vary from target platform (touchscreen mobile device  Hand Pencil, console  Hand Joystick, PC  Hand Any Key etc.) and genre (RTS, platformer, adventure) plus one based upon zombies (but which I don't include since it's a bit over challenge).
The forum it's here while the game concept I am working on are there.

Since I've done some webcomics before you can guess that, together with game design, I can provide some arts and background story to our projects.

So... what else to say? Again, check my game concepts and see if there's something of your like/make you want to join me (alexwbc).

I am sure what I wrote wasn't yet enough to convince; but I am fully available to/gladly reply to any question.

my webcomics: Planet Outrun (Scifi), The President (Horror), Assassin of Superheroes.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 05:47:48 AM »

Only seems two of the design documents are there, and they're both incomplete ..

You're going to need to offer more if you want someone to program these for you, even if you provide all the art.

Your art isn't bad btw, but not anything amazing either.  It seems better suited to webcomics than games.

Of the two existing documents, I think you should merge the two and have some levels in the Skull Helmet game similar to the falling through dungeon areas of the Dungeon Fall game.
forto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:53:48 AM »

Only seems two of the design documents are there, and they're both incomplete ..

You're going to need to offer more if you want someone to program these for you, even if you provide all the art.
My original aim isn't to post just a fixed idea kind of "here's the stuff, now do it". What I really want is to adjust, elaborate or simplify (upscale, downscale) the project on base of what other people in the team needs.

For example, in the latest posts of this thread I was made notice that tilting feature is a very troublesome kind of feature for programmer. That's why I've downscaled the idea to virtual button without giving up with a core feature of the concept: walk left/right against the generic (and more time consuming) platformer kind.

ATM I am more focusing on the best way to present the concept: many random stuff or have only what matter shown can make a lot of difference.

My current aim is to present the all projects I had in mind... then redefine better the one which show more potential in catch up more interest: both from possible future partner and public.

Your art isn't bad btw, but not anything amazing either.  It seems better suited to webcomics than games.
Well, I hope I shall have my chance to show you contrary in future CoolBro Fist Right

Of the two existing documents, I think you should merge the two and have some levels in the Skull Helmet game similar to the falling through dungeon areas of the Dungeon Fall game.
Surely I shall return on the Dungeon Fall concept once the other four are started... but currently I need to figure out what could work best between all six of them!

Thanks for the feedback, btw.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

my webcomics: Planet Outrun (Scifi), The President (Horror), Assassin of Superheroes.
elizabitcrusher
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 09:48:48 AM »

I commend you, forto, for starting this thread. It's clear you're serious about creating media and games. I hope I can come along for the ride and support you. It would be amazing if you could get a team together. I'm looking for something similar, but as a composer/sound-designer, although music and sound comes much later.
I checked out the links and it all has really great promise, conceptually. The art and design is very rudimentary, which can be distracting, but the point is to get the ideas out there, to start putting together a team and work from the ground up. Once you have a programmer and artist et al. these ideas could really blossom. These creations and comics and game premises are full of really dynamic ideas. Forto, you definitely have a strong drive and ambition. Keep it up!
Eljugganot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 07:49:33 AM »

I went and perused the site...i'm interested in collaborating with you on as a writer/assistant designer on your games. I know you cited a need for programming skill, and that's not me...but I feel that my addition would still yield a positive impact on the projects.
forto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 03:34:01 PM »

Thanks everyone for the shown interest; I am sorry for having not repied before but I am a returner just right now after some grounded project begun  No No NO

Anyway, I am back for more  My Word! and this time more focused on a single project: a simple RTS (simple from the player perspective, not the coding) and thus I am still looking for a coder that is willing to share this venture with me.
I cannot provide payment but profit share beginning from alpha founding.

Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 02:40:32 PM »

One thing is for certain you understand the principles of animation, and have the patience to create animation to illustrate your ideas. I would pimp those skills a little harder if you are looking for people to collaborate with. Idea guys are a dime a dozen, talented 2d animators are rarer and much more valuable. Plenty of people can draw but most don't have the patience to grind out the sheer quantity of assets to make an interesting game.

As for your game designs, keep your intros focused on the overall feel of the game. A brief blurb about the plot is OK but focus more on what the player will be doing/trying to do. Where possible use comparisons to known games/game genera then state what your game will do differently.

For example: "This game will be a open city diving game like Crazy Taxi with a focus on delivering bootleg liqueur during the age of prohibition. The game will involve avoiding the police and competition between other rum runners on who gets to the speakeasy first."

A point by point description of each game dynamic can come later in the document. I like writing a design document from a top down perspective. Start with the most general description in the intro. Expand upon each element in the intro into a general description of the game dynamics. Finally do a detailed description of each mechanic that creates the dynamic.
Extra Credits did a good video on this a while ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepAJ-rqJKA&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

Remember your design document exists to convey ideas efficiently to other game developers, not sell your game to the general public. You can make assumptions about your audience's familiarity with certain generas and gaming conventions.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 06:45:17 PM »

Hi. I can do the software engineering.
forto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 12:19:20 AM »

@Wilson: Thanks for the advice, I've found all them valid plus I've already seen the EC video... as nearly everyone into game making stuff/hobby I guess  Hand Thumbs Up Left
Reason why I've not delved too much in the project as whole (giving the whole picture) is because... I don't know yet how it will come. To be clear, this is not for lack of a complete idea but because the one I had in mind isn't a straight line one but branched out in different possibility I am aware I don't have resource (money and skills) can't be achieved. Some are too complicated/time consuming while other are quite simple (but require to sacrifice the most advanced feature).
Additionally I know I am fairly sure that can come up with additional idea.

This is why my game design answer just to "who" and "how" meanwhile cut out all details about "when" "what" and "why": I want to shape the ongoing project around the possible resource/skill I (art content producing) and possible partner (coder) can come with.

Simplify the project if it's too resource costing, add features/cool stuff if when producing are going faster and smooth.

I am not sure if that's the correct way to do things, but it's the best way I can collaborate with... and if this project has to be started, I'd rather take part with resources I know I can provide with.

@soryy708: that sound great, send me an email to [email protected] in order to find a way to chat about

soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 12:45:41 AM »

email sent
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic