Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:03:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookLittle Drac's Daytime Adventure [WIP]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Little Drac's Daytime Adventure [WIP]  (Read 10952 times)
Powergloved Andy
« on: October 18, 2008, 06:43:25 AM »

166 Hideous family living in shadow in ancient castle by edge of wood near black cliffs and monstrous waterfall

Deep within the woods, next to a monstrous waterfall resides a castle full of hideous creatures! As the sun comes up, Little Dracula gets tucked into his coffin nice and cozily. His eyes begin to get heavy, but he realizes something is not right! His beloved teddy bear is missing! This will not do!

”In order to find my teddy bear I will have to search all over the castle! I do not care if the sun is up already!” exclaims the little Dracula, “…And maybe my friends will help too!”

But be careful, Little Dracula! Vampires sunburn very easily even with the strongest sunscreen! Good Luck!

Game Details:
A simple side scrolling exploration platformer.

Explore the Castle staying in the shadows, and avoiding sunlight! Friends like Little Frankie and Little Mummy will help you along your way!

Find Keys to open locked doors, and secret passages to find your missing teddy bear!

HALLOWEEN UPDATE!:

I was curious to put some stuff together in a working environment, so I crapped out this little program. My computer was lagging because of Cam Studio, the real program isn't so laggy. But, at least you'll get to see where I'm going with this idea. =P Enjoy.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 11:58:29 PM by Powergloved Andy » Logged
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 06:51:35 AM »

My family doesn't live anywhere near a castle Huh?

Powergloved Andy
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:58:43 AM »

I never said you lived near a castle, I said INa castle.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »

Double thumbs up A++
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 11:34:18 AM »

I never said you lived near a castle, I said INa castle.

Exactly, if I live in a castle, I live very near a castle.

Alteisentier
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 12:53:25 PM »

Sounds neat, i'll throw open an offer to work on art if you'd like.
Disco_Bandit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 06:36:34 PM »

Exactly, if I live in a castle, I live very near a castle.

No, you would be living IN the castle.  That doesn't mean near it, which would imply you don't live in the castle but it isn't too far from where you are.  Living IN the castle means you are within it's walls.

Is English not your first language?  You appear to be missing very basic comprehension on a level that indicates you're still learning.

I'm sorry, you made me stop lurking and post just because I needed to say something.  As well, this is an odd point for you to take exception to, especially while not contributing and discussion or criticism to the first post's proposal.
isaac
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 06:39:39 PM »

Good to know that somebody takes offense at jokes! People being silly in forums sure is annoying!

Disco_Bandit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 06:52:38 PM »

Good to know that somebody takes offense at jokes! People being silly in forums sure is annoying!

Yeah, I can't believe Hideous took such exception to the "In/near" thing.  It certainly is silly, I'll grant you that.  It'd be worse if I tried to correct him and someone got butthurt over my actions.  Luckily, this is not the case, and Earth can sleep in peace tonight knowing all is right in the world.

Are you planning on having the monsters be old school horror (creature from the black lagoon, wolfman, etc.), or something more modern?
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »

Are you planning on having the monsters be old school horror (creature from the black lagoon, wolfman, etc.), or something more modern?

Well, wolfman wouldn't be affective because of the sunlight in the game, but yes! Think Munsters. I am going to have his family be a Frankenstein's monster, and etc. But there will not be any bosses or anything, it's just a simple exploration game, just stay out of the sun! =)
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 10:02:09 PM »

Cutesy monsters inspired by the Munsters?  Sounds pretty damn good to me Smiley

No, you would be living IN the castle.  That doesn't mean near it, which would imply you don't live in the castle but it isn't too far from where you are.  Living IN the castle means you are within it's walls.

Is English not your first language?  You appear to be missing very basic comprehension on a level that indicates you're still learning.

I'm sorry, you made me stop lurking and post just because I needed to say something.  As well, this is an odd point for you to take exception to, especially while not contributing and discussion or criticism to the first post's proposal.

Of all the awesome things going on around you in this forum to comment on, you chose this as your first post.

Congrats.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 10:03:45 PM »

Some people just don't like me. But hey ,sorry for making bad jokes :D

In other news, this game does sound really interesting. Can't wait to see how it'll turn out Smiley

No, English isn't my first language. I'm a Swede =D

Disco_Bandit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 11:47:26 PM »

I'm not biased, nor do I dislike you.  I merely corrected you.  Ha, ha, we are some wild and crazy guys.

I mean, if you want to act like I'm just being a cock because I have some unfounded vendetta against you, by all means have at it.  The reality is, though, that I jumped in and corrected you for reasons you apparently don't comprehend.  We all have our forms of humor.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 11:51:57 PM by Disco_Bandit » Logged
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 11:51:06 PM »

Yeh, you're on my list!  Lips Sealed

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 01:13:01 AM »

By all means, continue correcting me. I was merely trying to save my broken joke, though Gentleman

It'll be like having a living encyclopedia by my side!

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 03:11:07 AM »

In fact, if you have a good read through the Commonplace book, you'll see Lovecraft seems to be outright obsessed by Hideous. Hideous' family, Hideous' insects, even Hideous' possessions. All inspited him. It's as if he knew this competition was going to happen sometime in the future, and needed to send a message.

Huh?
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 03:31:57 AM »

That if Hideous doesn't win Cthulu will rise once again?

Also, TIGS compos get us the weirdest manbabies.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 03:34:40 AM »

Yes. Cthulhu will rise, and the world will run out of cat food. I must win, or else we are all doomed!

Powergloved Andy
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 07:16:35 AM »

I regret having my compo being based on something with the name hideous in it!  Cry

Although I have alot of sprites done, I'll post them on the first post in a bit!
Dragonmaw
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 07:18:34 AM »

I saw the one sprite you showed off on IRC.  Hot stuff my brotha!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic