Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:29:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFavorite Video Game Enemies
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Favorite Video Game Enemies  (Read 8532 times)
Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 08:17:05 AM »

Yeah, The Tektites and many enemies from the first Zelda game are nice. But let's not forget about Kid Icarus! Anyone remember the manual? It had some excellent cute pics. They don't make manuals like that anymore. It's gonna make me mighty sad when nextgen takes a dump on it, like... redesigns Pit into the generic shoujo TRAP character, and then invents 'fresh' new enemies except for the mono-eye cuz they figure they need something to tie it in with the old game... but they redesign it beyond recognition anyways.

The Kirby GBA games had excellent animation for the enemies.

And I'll have to agree about Bruce Lee. Maybe it was the animation and feedback you got from the interaction with those guys... duking out with them never got old.
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 08:49:38 AM »

What? 2 pages of posts and no one mentionned any characters from Punch out???

I think Bald bull ranks high in my "these enemies that I love/hate" list. Bald Bull is one nasty bastard and always managed to piss me off... BUT I've always been able to beat them so I could have my revenge! :D Not too easy, not too hard, just satisfying enough

CosMind
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 10:49:54 AM »

stupid little fleamen from the castlevania series.

never has such a weak little dude posed such a nuisance (and even threat when in large groups).
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 11:39:03 PM »

Hands down, Dark Matter from the Kirby series, followed closely by King Dedede, Iron Maidens (RE4), and those floating eyeball things from Kid Icarus.

edit: Oh, wait, you know what, that computer virus boss from Kirby Superstar was also fun as hell to fight. It was possibly my favorite fight of the game. Of the series. I loved it. <3 I'd go through the game just for that one fight and then quit when I was done.

And in retrospect, Dedede wasn't all that fun.

Yeah, okay, so it goes like this:

1.Computer Virus/Dark Matter
2.Iron Maidens
3.Floating Eyeballs
4.Darknuts

...Yeah, that about covers it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 12:09:50 AM by Xion » Logged

CosMind
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 11:12:56 AM »

Hands down, Dark Matter from the Kirby series, followed closely by King Dedede...

speaking of kirby bosses, have you ever rocked the ds kirby: canvas curse?
the final boss in that game is likely one of the most well-designed bosses that i've ever encountered.
(i realize that canvas curse isn't technically a kirby game, but the final boss is super rad)
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 02:09:01 PM »

Um basically every character and boss from Chalk.  That game is really damn clever, and the boss designs are really fun to figure out AND execute.

cup full of magic charisma
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 05:27:17 PM »

stupid little fleamen from the castlevania series.

never has such a weak little dude posed such a nuisance (and even threat when in large groups).

Actually, I really enjoyed the Castlevania monsters up until post-Symphony of the Night, when they just started remaking Symphony of the Night again and again.

Possibly that could have been because I hadn't played a lot of its recent precursors, however, so it seemed like all the artwork and monsters were fairly original.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 06:10:57 PM »

Hands down, Dark Matter from the Kirby series, followed closely by King Dedede...

speaking of kirby bosses, have you ever rocked the ds kirby: canvas curse?
the final boss in that game is likely one of the most well-designed bosses that i've ever encountered.
(i realize that canvas curse isn't technically a kirby game, but the final boss is super rad)

Unfortunately, I have not had that pleasure. I'll check it out if I get the chance.

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 08:25:59 PM »

Guert, super punch out did have some awesome and tough guys but the guy that made me that maddest was piston hurricane (or any other enemy that used his same huricanne of punches technique) he would just start throwing punches left and right you would try and block them, you would get so close to the end of his reign of terror when finally you are one punch away from escaping and you screw up and he hits you.  That guy just plain sucks. But lets not forget Gabby Jay...

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007, 09:27:46 AM »

Gabbyjay! Yay! Wink
Super Punch out also had great opponents. Thinking about it, almost every opponent from super punch out is memorable...

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2007, 05:23:36 AM »

Bear Hugger!

rey-o
Level 1

'here i am, rock you like a hurricane'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 09:34:19 PM »

Earthbound stands out, if you need a little refresher, check out the wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giygas
As a kid I thought it was kinda weird but reading it now, the whole affair seems creepy! Everything from the boss being formless, to how nothing hurts him (you kill him by praying?!?) is just so whacked out but different enough to take note of.

as for mid bosses, did they even exist before Proto Man came along?

even though he wasn't incredibly hard, i liked the mystery surrounding the character.

Metal Gear Solid always has some fun bosses, in particular Psycho Mantis

he 'read your mind' meaning the character dodged all of your attacks. he'd even do creepy stuff like read your memory card. I love stuff like that, breaking the 4th wall. To beat him, you had to plug in controller two, and then he couldn't 'read your mind' anymore.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:55:42 PM by rey-o » Logged

cheers, rey-o
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007, 09:49:43 PM »

You might want to get rid of the "http://imgred.com/"

And yeah, MGS had some cool bawsezz

rey-o
Level 1

'here i am, rock you like a hurricane'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007, 10:55:57 PM »

doh! there we go

cheers, rey-o
GP Lackey
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2007, 12:19:05 AM »

The Hans Bellmer inspired mannequins in Silent Hill 2 are up there for me.  They're all kinds of wrong, which is exactly what they need to be.

I never played Earthbound (I've never had a SNES) but I loved the clay models in my friend's strategy guide.
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2007, 04:52:12 AM »

The aliens in the first Aliens vs Predator (PC rather than Jaguar): Free roaming enemies that actively seek you out and can kill you in the blink of an eye, randomly spawning in an environment with multiple paths for sneaking up behind you...

Also:

The only tetris brick you can't just stick on a flat surface and forget about.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
GP Lackey
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007, 10:02:52 AM »

Him, and his inverted cousin.
inmatarian
Level 0

2993 forever

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007, 08:05:57 PM »

Storm Eagle

His strategy wasn't too difficult to beat. Dash dash shoot jump dash, etc. But rather, he had Command Presence. If you ever look at Fidel Castro or some other banana republic tyrant, they all stand very upright and intimidate everyone with their largeness. Good posture. It's hard not to enjoy kicking the crap out of someone so threatening.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 08:25:46 PM »

And his level music was the best ever.
http://klippan.seths.se/fredrik.hathen/mmx_stormeagle.mid

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2007, 09:48:40 PM »

Earthbound stands out, if you need a little refresher, check out the wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giygas
As a kid I thought it was kinda weird but reading it now, the whole affair seems creepy! Everything from the boss being formless, to how nothing hurts him (you kill him by praying?!?) is just so whacked out but different enough to take note of.

How could I have forgotten one of the best last battles ever?! I really loved fighting with him, it made Earthbound a religious experience. There were so many good things about it, many of whom you have mentioned already: the pseudo-nes music intro, the distorting of music as you get to the end, his invincibilty to anything but prayer, the ness face carved on the devil's machine, the total mental unstability of his, all the quotes inspired by a rape scene...

Man, I should go playing my save game right in front of him right now.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic