Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:12:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogslifeless: ECHRO
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: lifeless: ECHRO  (Read 16481 times)
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »

awww , man , I wanted to be on indie statik show for all my life , and you make a game in 2 weeks and get the spotlight ,

Me very sad  Sad

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cell used Hardwork
Whiteclaws is jealous
It's super effective !
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2013, 03:02:29 PM »

awww , man , I wanted to be on indie statik show for all my life , and you make a game in 2 weeks and get the spotlight ,

Me very sad  Sad

Cell used Hardwork
Whiteclaws is jealous
It's super effective !

i actually used more than 2 weeks on it. :1
Getting the feeling of the dashing right took some time.
code is no fun. :3

Blambo
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2013, 04:36:15 PM »

Me very sad  Sad

Cell used Hardwork
Whiteclaws is jealous
It's super effective !
making games usually helps
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2013, 02:56:40 AM »

added proc gen, might post a screenshot later. maybe.

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2013, 07:52:22 AM »

proc gen isn't fully perfect yet so disabled for this build but anyhow, NEW BUILD.

IT'S NOT A RYTHM BASED PELVIC THRUSTING METROIDVANIA GAME. http://lifelessechro.com/

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2013, 12:19:32 PM »

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2013, 07:45:31 AM »

1.03 : http://lifelessechro.com/

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2013, 08:39:08 AM »

Platformer version was miles better
TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2013, 09:04:41 AM »

I prefer the top down version, everybody and their moms make platformers.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2013, 10:25:15 AM »

So what, it's quality, not quantity Big Laff
GentlestOfGentlemen
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2013, 12:35:34 PM »

The floorboards make no sense at the size they are in comparison to everything else. It almost seems like mixing resolutions (even though it's not) because of how the scale is done on the cracks and whatnot.

antoniodamala
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2013, 12:58:38 PM »

Even though i do like the idea, bumping doesn't feel fun, it feels repetitive. Things don't really react, and there isn't much variety of bumps.

Looking forward to new builds.

edit:  about the new build: improved, but the problems are the same.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:06:08 PM by antoniodamala » Logged
Blambo
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2013, 01:45:04 PM »

The floorboards make no sense at the size they are in comparison to everything else. It almost seems like mixing resolutions (even though it's not) because of how the scale is done on the cracks and whatnot.

Ugh god yeah. And it also highlights the fact that the floor is tiled because some parts of the paneling are smaller than others, and the non uniformity within each tile makes each one stand out and makes the repetition really noticeable.

Cell, if you want the non uniform look, you should use decals like blood or moss to decorate the tiles, but keep the tiles uniform. Also, this might look pretty good with some dynamic lighting, if you can manage.
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2013, 01:59:09 PM »

Platformer version was miles better

Hi internet troll.

I prefer the top down version, everybody and their moms make platformers.

Ye.

Yeah i kinda got that feeling too, i'll see if i can get it to look better.

Even though i do like the idea, bumping doesn't feel fun, it feels repetitive. Things don't really react, and there isn't much variety of bumps.

Yeah, that's kinda a serious problem with the mechanics. Hopefully enemies that require you to hit them in the back, fire bullets at you will vary up the combat. Outside of the combat there will be lotso variety but the main thing should be fun. Got any ideas/pointers/etc?

Ugh god yeah. And it also highlights the fact that the floor is tiled because some parts of the paneling are smaller than others, and the non uniformity within each tile makes each one stand out and makes the repetition really noticeable.

Cell, if you want the non uniform look, you should use decals like blood or moss to decorate the tiles, but keep the tiles uniform. Also, this might look pretty good with some dynamic lighting, if you can manage.

Yeah i'll try sir. I had the idea of populating the level a bit more with more non-prop objects to vary up the level. Moss is a great idea. (had the idea of random plants and such)

Still in development and some of these things are to be fixed naturally but feedback is what makes it actually become more obvious what the problems are and how to fix them. Keep the feedback up! :D

Also, thoughts on shop system? (i sorta got idea which is basically a ripoff of tboi/paranautical activity/etc with three items with different costs randomly generated)

antoniodamala
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2013, 02:33:36 PM »

Yeah, that's kinda a serious problem with the mechanics. Hopefully enemies that require you to hit them in the back, fire bullets at you will vary up the combat. Outside of the combat there will be lotso variety but the main thing should be fun. Got any ideas/pointers/etc?

Just some ideas from the top of the head:
-What about the further you bump the bigger the power/distance the bump goes? Then you add some pitfalls or spikes, things that makes the map dangerous, and that will make the game far harder and interesting (I think).
-Add a stamina bar so you have to weigh your movement
-Maybe add a special bar, so you could hold the button and use a more powerful bump.
-Monster have different weights and body types, some will reflect you, some will be practically isolated, some will barely move, etc.
-Make skills that only happen when you hit something, e.g. when you hit something it explodes after three seconds, hit and stun, etc.
-Chain reactions.
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2013, 02:58:58 PM »

Just some ideas from the top of the head:
-What about the further you bump the bigger the power/distance the bump goes? Then you add some pitfalls or spikes, things that makes the map dangerous, and that will make the game far harder and interesting (I think).
-Add a stamina bar so you have to weigh your movement
-Maybe add a special bar, so you could hold the button and use a more powerful bump.
-Monster have different weights and body types, some will reflect you, some will be practically isolated, some will barely move, etc.
-Make skills that only happen when you hit something, e.g. when you hit something it explodes after three seconds, hit and stun, etc.
-Chain reactions.
*Spikes and such, more hazardous things in the levels planned!
*Stamina bar is cool idea but i don't know if it'll work with the current setup. (timedelay between attacks, all about staying in motion.
*An extra activate able ability is coming Smiley
*yeah other enemy types are planned Smiley
*Yup more items with effects coming Smiley
*Chain reactions, they're already in there but more power could be added.

Smiley

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2013, 10:31:57 AM »

*Laughing maniacally*

I also got ogg files to work (sound and music) while writing this post D:

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »

Hey , Cell , You should atleast display the HP of the enemies ... because it's hard to know how much you deal and how much they have left
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2013, 11:27:28 AM »

I wasn't trolling, learn to take criticism; current version gets tedious very quickly
Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2013, 12:14:29 PM »

current version gets tedious very quickly

I agree with this guy.
It seems like you have some good ideas planned to spice things up a bit.
I actually really like the idea and am definitely following this.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic