Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:35:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookEversion (CPB #39) [C'EST FINI] [THAT MEANS [FINISHED] IN FRENCH]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Eversion (CPB #39) [C'EST FINI] [THAT MEANS [FINISHED] IN FRENCH]  (Read 100580 times)
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2008, 11:19:30 AM »

Hard Sad

I'm stuck on level 6.  Seriously, fuck that level.

Good game, though.  Really nicely put together, and it keeps on surprising you each level.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »

I finished it.

IT WAS AWESOME.

Seriously, this is one of the best games I've ever played. The last levels are simply brilliant - my favorite is probably 7. Hunting for the last few gems was a lot of fun. I also liked what happens when you get them all.

Would you like some reasonably in-depth feedback or is it pretty much finished?

Anyway, this was an amazing experience. Definitely gets one of my votes, and I'm willing to bet it will be in the top three Wink
increpare
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2008, 01:25:30 PM »

damn...four gems to go...you bastard...

the error logs are in the severals of megabytes, so gmail isn't accepting them (or else is just not working right atm for me); the game seems to crash pretty much at random (though thankfully I can keep on playing so long as I don't click the 'send/don't send error reports' button on the crash dialog.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2008, 01:36:45 PM »

the game seems to crash pretty much at random (though thankfully I can keep on playing so long as I don't click the 'send/don't send error reports' button on the crash dialog.

Same here.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2008, 02:02:34 PM »

damn...four gems to go...you bastard...

the error logs are in the severals of megabytes, so gmail isn't accepting them (or else is just not working right atm for me); the game seems to crash pretty much at random (though thankfully I can keep on playing so long as I don't click the 'send/don't send error reports' button on the crash dialog.
I guess it crashes in the SPOILER levels? Otherwise you could delete the log file and the new one wouldn't be as big.
increpare
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2008, 02:05:47 PM »

I guess it crashes in the SPOILER levels? Otherwise you could delete the log file and the new one wouldn't be as big.
No, it crashes on many different levels.  The SPOILER level, for instance.  Anyway, I've finished the game proper now.  Good game, zara!
r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2008, 02:52:04 PM »

haha, i jumped in my chair when that hand came out.  Grin

I wouldn't have found the changable areas if it wasn't for reading this thread, maybe if the was some more emphasis on the first area I would have. Great game, thanks  Beer!
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2008, 01:38:02 AM »

I really liked this game, but I'd want to see a version with friendlier level design. The "i want to be the guy"-style of trial and error does not spell "fun" in my book.

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2008, 06:43:19 AM »

Just got the secret ending. A few frustrating jumps in places, but what I said earlier in this thread still stands. Beer! Great work  Smiley

increpare
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2008, 07:00:27 AM »

You could totally do a sponsorship deal with these peeps:

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2008, 08:24:31 AM »

I don't know why so many people complain about "trial and error". There's like, 3 things that I would call "trial and error": The first hand, the flowerspikes and the breaking floor.
Seth
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2008, 09:27:35 AM »

fuck those jumps on 4-5.  pixel perfect jumping is not an interesting challenge

I'm trying to get all the gems this time around and frankly I'm surprised I managed to make it through the game once

really cool game though
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2008, 11:59:23 AM »

What pixel-perfect jumps are you guys talking about?!
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2008, 12:20:25 PM »

Seriously, which ones?
J. Kyle Pittman
Level 6

PostCount++;

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2008, 12:20:50 PM »

What pixel-perfect jumps are you guys talking about?!

For me, it was the bit right after the continue point in 4-5 where you have to SPOILER.  I couldn't even tell you how many times I replayed that part.  I very nearly just gave up in frustration.  I did give up on trying to collect all the gems. Sad

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2008, 12:27:29 PM »

Huh... how strange. I didn't have too much trouble with these jumps, and I'm usually a disaster at platforming Huh?

Maybe you're right, though. I think it's alright for it to be hard to get all the gems, since that's an optional challenge, but this part may be a bit too tough for the "regular game" (i.e. playing just to get to the end of the stages).
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2008, 12:29:23 PM »

I have to agree with Kao. Except on the one block gap. I remember that. YOU'RE RIGHT KYLE, GOD I REMEMBER THAT!

But yeah, probably that's the most frustrating part of the whole game.
increpare
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2008, 03:32:36 PM »

But yeah, probably that's the most frustrating part of the whole game.
Sure was for me.
Bob le Moche
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2008, 03:59:13 PM »

I was really set on collecting all the gems, but level 6 overheated my laptop so much that everything became unplayable Sad
What I played was really cool, though.
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2008, 03:51:46 PM »

Alright, this game is fantastic, really. I love the gradient from happy and bright to dark and menacing. It has some technical issues, though, as some people have mentioned: I get slowdowns in some places, and, worst of all, the thing crashes every now and then for no apparent reason.

The platforming was mostly alright, but to make it feel tighter I'd make the main avatar's hitbox slightly narrower, and the hands' WAY narrower. Also, those places where you have to jump to a square two tiles straight above you, and just in front of a pit, suck.

If the crashing is resolved I'll try to get the true ending. Seems worth it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic