Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:48:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookThe Crypt
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Crypt  (Read 3014 times)
Casey
Level 0

I sort in O(n) time

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »

146 Ancient lamp found in tomb—when filled and used, its light reveals strange world.

It's a platform game, you break into an ancient tomb where you find a lamp.  When you ignite the lamp the world changes, one world will be action oriented, the other puzzle oriented.  You'll have to switch between them to clear each room.  I hope to make one of the worlds (probably the action based one) creepy and supernatural-ish while the other one will be fairly standard tomb stuff.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 07:29:48 PM »

Aww, I'm gonna use that one too. Tongue Though I also have other ideas and a slightly different focus to the lamp use.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 08:57:46 PM »

I almost went with this one too.  It's a good topic, and your idea is a pretty good treatment.

My idea though was that the lamplight would have a certain range and some doors/platforms etc. only appear within the light.  The downside would be that monsters also appear within the light Shocked.  So if the light's off, they can't see you or harm you, but you also can't get very far.  Hell, I still might make that game anyway.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic