Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411923 Posts in 69433 Topics- by 58480 Members - Latest Member: panelo

June 11, 2024, 01:34:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpace Roast - Minimalist touchscreen arcade game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Space Roast - Minimalist touchscreen arcade game  (Read 1086 times)
MyBlueCorners
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:02:14 AM »

Space Roast is an Asteroids-inspired arcade game designed for touchscreens. It is controlled entirely by swipes on the screen. Depending on the direction and speed of a swipe, your ship shoots a flame in the direction. You can use this flame to move around and roast rocks! The basic idea is to roast rocks with your flame and then smash them.
It has a lot of depth to its simplicity, with different strategies to learn and use!

Please give it a try (it's free!), and let me know what you think about it.
Google Play | iOS

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:19:57 PM by MyBlueCorners » Logged

SPACE ROAST : Google Play iOS
MyBlueCorners
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 04:45:53 PM »

Bumping up this thread to let everyone know this game is on iOS now! Try it out!

mgatland
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »

I played a little bit.

I like the concept, but found it a bit too difficult for me. It took a lot of concentration and precise movement – which is OK if your players like a challenge, but it can turn off people like me who want a game to be really easy and rewarding (at least until we get hooked).

I liked the clear visuals.

My best score was 28. I enjoyed it more once I found the special spinning attack thing.
MyBlueCorners
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 01:14:52 AM »

Hey, first of all thanks for your feedback!

I like the concept, but found it a bit too difficult for me. It took a lot of concentration and precise movement – which is OK if your players like a challenge, but it can turn off people like me who want a game to be really easy and rewarding (at least until we get hooked).

I know what you mean, I have seen my game turn off some people because of the difficulty. The game requires you to learn a lot of finesse and, like you said, precise movement. I like this kind of difficulty personally, but I know some won't like it at all.
In this game, I think the more 'rewarding' gameplay comes after you've gotten the hang of movement and survival.

I enjoyed it more once I found the special spinning attack thing.
I don't want to spoil any little gameplay surprises (There are AI-ships that are the same as you with slight modifications to fight/help you, and a smash combo system to name some things!), but if you like things like that, there are a few more special little things that you can find along the way as you improve.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic