Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411979 Posts in 69438 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 15, 2024, 10:21:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosAffordable and effective PR and marketing for indie developers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Affordable and effective PR and marketing for indie developers  (Read 1056 times)
lewisdenby
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:11:20 AM »

Hello, lovely people of TIGSource!

So, the life of an indie developer. You work long into the night fretting about a line of code or the shading of a character, wrestling with bugs to ensure you meet your schedule... and all the while, you're thinking, "I *really* hope people notice this thing I've been working on for what feels like nine billion years..."

Promoting your game as an indie dev can be tough. For one thing, it's a lot of work. For another, you need the contacts. You could pay a PR firm to manage your media campaigns, but this can cost thousands - if not tens of thousands.

That's why I, along with BeefJack (a London-based game developer and alternative games website), have been working out ways we might be able to help smaller teams with limited budgets and resources to get the media attention they deserve.

As well as having worked as a freelance journalist for several years (for the likes of Eurogamer, RPS, PC Gamer, the Telegraph etc) I have experience managing PR campaigns for a variety of high-profile indie games, including Dear Esther and Thomas Was Alone. Together with BeefJack, we have a big book of contacts and plenty of experience in getting games into the public eye. And we're in a position to help indie developers at a very affordable price.

From press releases and distribution, through social media and crowdfunding campaigns, all the way up to release strategy and review campaigns, we can help out at any stage. Also, we love nattering on, so we keep you updated on our progress every step of the way.

For more information, here's a hopefully helpful PDF for your perusal: http://beefjack.com/BeefJack-PR.pdf

We're looking for awesome upcoming games to work with. Do you have an awesome upcoming game? Give me a shout on ldenby@[REMOVETHISSPAMFILTER]beefjack.com and we'll take things from there.

Ta-ra!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:02:36 AM by lewisdenby » Logged
lewisdenby
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 08:02:18 AM »

Hello! Just wanted to say a big thank you to those who got in touch after I posted this message. We're now working to help promote four awesome indie games (just got back from Rezzed where I was demoing a few of them to the press), and I'm hoping we can help out more in the future.

Just a quick update to say we're now offering promotional opportunities beyond just PR. You can find out more at http://studio.beefjack.com/indies/ (placeholder page while we whip up something more appealing, but all the info should be there). We're now doing social media management, consultancy, digital marketing and loads more.

I'm always up for a chat with anyone who's looking for some help promoting their game - whether you just want to bounce around some ideas, have a few press releases you want writing, or are looking to take someone on on a more permanent basis. Do get in touch - ldenby at beefjack dot com will get through to me directly.

Ta!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic