Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: atQor

April 18, 2024, 05:12:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCloudface
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66]
Print
Author Topic: Cloudface  (Read 191985 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1300 on: February 17, 2016, 01:10:49 PM »

This game is way too big.

I mean, it's way too big.

I started this project 3 years ago, before I had any experience making games. I did the classic make-a-gigantic-game-for-your-first-game mistake that a lot of people do. Ya, it's embarrassing but at the same time who cares? I've since started a game company with a good friend of mine, & we've made small games on contract & for ourselves. We've learned a lot about how to make games properly, & one way to make a good game is to make a small game that is actually manageable.

Cloudface will be scaled back a lot. Like, it's going to be a really small game now. I'm sure some people will not like that, but oh well. We still need funding to make it happen, but having a more realistic budget to work with is an easier project to get funded than a very expensive one.

So, if anyone still cares, that's where the game is at right now & it's still nowhere near being done, but scaling the scope of the game back to something actually doable is going to help a lot.

Video games.

step 1. remove coins.

siskavard
« Reply #1301 on: February 17, 2016, 03:56:04 PM »

thanks for the support everyone

the game is on ice, but it looks like i'll be able to make an animated pilot instead

so maybe

just maybe

a Cloudface the game will happen some day!
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1302 on: February 17, 2016, 05:16:26 PM »

good luck with that. I've only just scrapped my first game temporarily too (technical reasons and not knowing how to solve/frustration). with the same engine I restarted end of december and have come much further. the scope is a lot smaller, a lot less complexity. best decision ever. I might just go back to the old game when the new one is done, but for now I'm having a lot more fun.

Overman
Level 0

Kid Genius

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1303 on: February 17, 2016, 05:51:43 PM »

Believe in the power of friendship my friend

Genius game developer.
Me latest game: Rowan
http://www.overman-gaming.com
@OvermanGaming
nnyei
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: February 18, 2016, 07:29:05 AM »

Whatever the projects turns out to be, and however big or small the scope ends up being, I wish you good luck!
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: February 18, 2016, 08:45:09 AM »

Sorry to hear about this but good on you figuring out there were scope issues and adjusting.

Glad to hear you're making it happen on other fronts though!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1306 on: February 18, 2016, 11:10:08 AM »

Argh I'm sorry to hear that - good luck with the pilot and I hope to see a Cloudface game one day! That, or tune into the Cloudface cartoon on a Saturday morning Smiley

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1307 on: February 18, 2016, 11:24:45 AM »

Sad to see the project (and the devlog) come to a close. But, excited to see what you're up to next!

Ninja Dodo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1308 on: February 19, 2016, 01:49:18 PM »

Sorry to see this come to a halt. Best of luck with the pilot and other possible continuations. Gentleman

siskavard
« Reply #1309 on: February 25, 2016, 12:06:31 PM »

thanks everyone for the kind words & encouragement.

Seriously, it means a lot.

if you want to keep up with what I'm working on just follow me on tweeter

Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman My Word! Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1310 on: May 27, 2016, 07:29:19 PM »

Oh I missed this post. Cloudface could've been a neat little platformer, and I'm sorry to hear it's cancelled. All the best with your future projects!

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic