Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:16:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkArtist wanted for game jam
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artist wanted for game jam  (Read 786 times)
andallas
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2013, 01:23:53 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Justin and I am planning on doing a game jam (http://jam.legendaryfisher.com/forum/index.php), but I would need an artist to collaborate with. Now, since this is for a game jam, there isn't any pay, just want to be upfront about that.

The reason I am doing this jam is mostly for the fun of it, but also to practice my skills in a 'controlled/structured' environment, as well as to have another piece for my portfolio. I would hope that if you are interested, those are similar to your reasons.

If you are interested in working on a game jam project, then msg me, or post in here. I'm sure you'll want more information about the specifics of the project, but I've only decided to enter today, and I'd like to go brainstorm with whoever I end up working with, though I do have an initial concept in mind.

Thanks!
blinkok
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 01:38:36 PM »

it would be cool to see what your concept/ideas were (an i think it would create more interest)

My 2D Stuff twitter: @blinkok
andallas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 05:35:39 PM »

Well, as this is for a game jam, and I just decided I would do it today, I don't have a fully fleshed out idea, just a basic concept. This is just the nature of game jams. The jam's theme is fishing, but it's a very loose translation. I was considering doing something in the vein of pokemon/monster rancher. But you catch your 'monsters' (fish) via fishing. But to capture one, you must battle it. It would be a very basic game, as there is a 7 day time limit. I was thinking a small area to do random battles, and the goal would be to win a tournament against other 'fishermen'.

I understand this is a very vague concept, but it's just an initial idea, and could very well change, depending on who I partner up with, and what they would be comfortable doing. Again, this is just a fun project for a game jam.

As a programmer with minimal art skill and experience, I tend to spend most of my time during game jams trying to do artwork, and the whole game suffers because of it. So I want to partner with someone to make something that people will actually enjoy playing.
blinkok
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 02:35:43 PM »

so you would pimp out various fishing rods with different reels, lures, line ans bait and them compete to catch the biggest, a particular or the most fish?
or would you catch the fish and then the fish would compete?

My 2D Stuff twitter: @blinkok
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic