Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:41:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookPlanets Form'd [FINISHED] [Updated] [EASY MODE]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Planets Form'd [FINISHED] [Updated] [EASY MODE]  (Read 23050 times)
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 01:48:35 PM »

Interesting... The first time I'd played, I must have flown all around the first level's exit without ever shooting it.  I heard the sounds (and understood their relevance to the level's shape), but thought it was just ambient.

I really love the presentation here. It really heightens the creepiness of exploring something that you can't even see...
...and then the invisible enemies... oi...
I'll have to try and get further than level 2.  Is there any way to avoid the enemies once they're active?
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 03:12:28 PM »

Considered using the X button?

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 12:44:21 PM »

I like the spookiness and the bits of text worked well for me, but I got frustrated at the level with moving things and haven't made it past that. In the previous level I found myself shooting all the time to give myself confidence in the face of the sudden scary things. Sad

J. Kyle Pittman
Level 6

PostCount++;

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 07:06:45 PM »

Just finished this.  Amazing!  Level 4 in particular -- the creepy sound effects, and the way it segued back into the story.  Very nicely done.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 07:17:12 AM »

I like the spookiness and the bits of text worked well for me, but I got frustrated at the level with moving things and haven't made it past that. In the previous level I found myself shooting all the time to give myself confidence in the face of the sudden scary things. Sad

Imagine if he had done a Silent Hill and limited your ammo?

In fact, it might have improved it. o.o

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 07:27:05 AM »

Originally I did limit it to just 6 bullets per level. My brother hated me for it and insisted I made it infinite.

In his words: "It's not like anyones going to go around just tapping the shoot button".

By the way, there are rules for how the monsters get "activated". And you can tell they are there before they run at you, if you're careful and observant.

pulsemeat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 02:40:42 PM »

Just wanted to comment to AdamButcher because I don't think this game is getting the love it deserves. It's definitely the best entry of the whole competition. It's atmospheric and esoteric and everything a Lovecraft game should be despite being extremely abstract. Fantastic work.
AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 03:35:02 PM »

Hey, thanks pulsemeat...(er, your name makes me feel weird).

The game does require *a lot* more patience than most, so I understand people not sticking with it.

AdamButcher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 08:41:39 AM »

Just to let people know that I've updated Planets Form'd for the launching of my website:

http://www.adam-butcher.co.uk/works/interactive/planets-formd

An EASY MODE has been added, meaning you don't die on walls. Furthermore, the level exits are now crazy obvious.

Byeeee

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 09:05:16 AM »

Oh, I should check that out. I loved this game back in the compo.  Beer!Hand Thumbs Up Right

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic