Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:24:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBROFORCE (Online/Local Bro-op Platformer-Shooter with Explosions and Action)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: BROFORCE (Online/Local Bro-op Platformer-Shooter with Explosions and Action)  (Read 62413 times)
tequibo
Level 1

smoke and mirrors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2013, 02:52:45 AM »

Just played it - it's awesome!
Very cool how destructable terrain and explosions and enemy interactions make everything different every time.

Evan.Greenwood
Level 0

Indie Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »

@Bishop Thanks for testing the online multiplayer! I'm really glad that it worked for you! (it's still very much a work in progress so anyone having fun with it is very encouraging).

We didn't want to do a thing where it zooms out to accommodate everyone, we felt that keeping all the bros in one contained space is better for Broforce's gameplay.

But when it's online it's of course much harder to coordinate.

We've tried a few solutions, currently at least the upper most bro should always be visible (even when all the other players have gone off the bottom of the screen)...

We might have to look into tweaking it...
Evan.Greenwood
Level 0

Indie Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2013, 01:39:23 PM »

I don't know if this kind of post is acceptable on this forum, or if folks here think this is an over-share. Please let me know if I'm crossing a line.

I find it really hard to get information about Greenlight campaigns (and other business information like Kickstarter and sales figures). So I thought I'd post some information we have in case it helps inform anyone else (so that they can make better decisions).

Over the last four days Broforce has had a bit of exposure. Broforce jumped 5 places in Greenlight. (It finally broke the 60th place mark \(◎o◎)/!)

(Unless some items were Greenlit on May 1 ... though I can't find any info on that)

From what I can gather this was due to about 25,000 youtube views, and possibly some Reddit love (though I don't know how to factor these things in properly).

You can see the slight uptick at the end. That also meant an extra 4 thousand or so people playing the game a day.

It might not be particularly surprising, but we've got something like over 95% dudes playing our games (as apposed to gals). What might be surprising is that it is played by 90% French players at the moment.

BenzaieLive, a French youtuber,

(who did an awesome playthrough) and TheKillerBits from UK

and http://youtu.be/JhS7MqIl9CY and a little Reddit exposure are probably the causes for this uptick.

If you notice the graph, a lot of games are rising faster than Broforce, so we have a ways to go. But we're still developing the game, so it is our hope that future versions will be even more appealing and garner more "Yes" votes. In any case it seems like we're gradually climbing the ranks. (=_=)

Let me know if this is the wrong place to pose this. If not, I hope it helps (and if you do find this useful and have any questions about this I hope I can be quite transparent about it).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 02:16:46 PM by Evan.Greenwood » Logged
Evan.Greenwood
Level 0

Indie Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2013, 05:51:08 PM »

We've been tweaking Indiana Brones's abilities. I made this long level (it's prolly a bit too long). If you're interested in trying it out, there's a time counter in case you want to speed run it.

http://www.freelives.net/BROFORCE/BROFORCE_Brototype_Windows_Indie_Speed_Run.zip [Fixed, thanks Udderdude]

We're also trying to figure out how difficult levels should be for experienced players. If you do try the level, let me know how the difficulty feels (in either normal play or in a speed run or both).

We might get some proper tracking done soon, so we can all see times and compare violence.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:54:18 AM by Evan.Greenwood » Logged
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2013, 05:50:40 AM »

Your link is borked, here's a correct one

http://www.freelives.net/BROFORCE/BROFORCE_Brototype_Windows_Indie_Speed_Run.zip

I will test it out in a bit.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 06:00:15 AM by Udderdude » Logged
Merrik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2013, 02:35:15 PM »

I've just updated the online build.

http://www.freelives.net/BROFORCE/OnlineAlpha/OnlineAlpha.html

Any feedback is appreciated, especially game breaking bugs(obviously).
I'd also love to know what sort of ping you get. We live South Africa so our ping to the server is pretty abysmal! Usually around ~200ms.

Thanks!
Evan.Greenwood
Level 0

Indie Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »

We've put together a video of us playing the game, and trying to talk about it (with mostly coherent results).

Hope you enjoy it! We're trying to get better at talking about our game in videos (to say smarter things and sound better), so any feedback is welcome.
Mirka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2013, 07:08:19 PM »

Let me say your game is awesome. It's tons of fun, I love the references, the explosions and the nice details like blood dripping from tiles. I can't wait to play more of it (and I already did 4 playthroughs). Now, I'd like to ask some questions:

Will you consider a DRM-free release on GOG, Humble Store or other distribution channels other than Steam?
Do you plan to make fire spread? Will it ever harm the player (maybe it could hurt rambro but not the brominator. Whichever way, I don't mind if the fire will hurt the PC or not)?
I know it's somewhat common right now but do you plan to make some procedural levels? I know enemies change positions in game right now but I think a endless sandbox mode with procedural levels could be fun to mindless blow things up. Maybe  make it progressively harder.

Also, if anyone has a getthreadcontext failed CTD with the standalone of this game it's Unity fault. I had plenty of it and I learned that some AVs exposed a failure in the Unity Engine they plan to fix in the 4.2 release that will be soon.
ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2013, 07:09:04 AM »

Did I miss him or did you include a character like Mad Max by any chance?

antoniodamala
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2013, 07:48:46 AM »

YUSSSSSS
siskavard
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »

Congrats on the Greenlight guys!

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/24/4553614/steam-greenlight-16-titles-divekick-deadly-premonition
Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2013, 02:25:07 PM »

Played BROFORCE about a month ago and just wanted to let you know that it's a rockin game! I'm hoping that the plan is to extend it a good deal as it feels kinda simple and light right now.  Extending the list of interesting enemy patterns would be appreciated and/or some different mission goals would definitely keep me engaged beyond simply enjoying the beautiful destruction system you've got going.  Keep it up, guys!

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2013, 03:56:58 PM »

Played your game at my friends house the other day, one of the best co-op experiences I've ever had Beer!
Well done!

0x78
Level 0

?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2013, 06:00:56 PM »

@Evan.Greenwood
Pre-ordered! This game is amazing.
Also is it possible to post a OSX standalone build since its made in Unity? Running under wine kind of sucks because you cant use a controller.

Keep up the good work. Love the updates so far Smiley
notbadgun
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2013, 12:46:05 PM »

A10.com stole* your game:
http://www.a10.com/action-games/broforce

*They earn money  on your game via advertisement.
Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2013, 03:46:33 PM »

OMG, I dont know how could I have missed this one....Totally in love with the concept, super fun gameplay and gorgeous art. Good job!

Am4T3uR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »

Hi all,
I just brought my humble support to the dev team by pre ordering the game and thus an early access to the online beta. I thought the beta would be less buggy than the Brototype. Well ....  Droop
When I launch the game, it's like inputs are constantly received by the program, so the game skips the main menu and takes me directly to the screen where 4 players are invited to press "A" in order to join. I checked my peripherals but nothing seems to cause that malfunction.
Also, when I'm in game, pressing start or escape keys has no effect. There is no pause menu and therefore no means to go back to menu or even exiting the game. Only way for me to exit is to press "ctrl"+"alt"+"del" and end task.  Sad
I had the very same issues with the free version, the Brototype.
I use an Xbox pad and a pc with intel core 2 quad 9550, ati radeon hd 6970, 4 go RAM.
I checked google for that issue but nothing found.

Can you help, please ?

Thank you
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2013, 06:53:10 PM »

My friend and I played the heck out of this online, it's a lot of fun!
Definitely going to pay for it when I can!
ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2013, 09:31:36 PM »

we had a tremendous fun playing BROFORCE with my girlfriend, looking forward to purchasing the released version. the game is fantastic!

I have been doing interaction design for the last decade, designed Shapist puzzle and working on TALLNUM & KoriKori now... follow me on Twitter . Space cowboy, father of two lemons
Evan.Greenwood
Level 0

Indie Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2013, 12:29:44 PM »

@Am4T3uR There are a bunch of bugs in the beta we'd like to iron out... (we're trying to put up a new beta tomorrow).

But the problem you've described appears to be unique. We're using very standard Unity input... do other Unity based games behave similarly?

Is the XBox pad you use a standard Microsoft Xbox controller? I'm clutching at straws here. I agree that it seems like the game is getting input saying one (or more) of you Xbox buttons is glued down.

Is there a stutter when you press escape during gameplay? (Which would be from the pause menu showing and then instantly resuming). (Which would validate the theory that the game thinks one (or more) of your inputs is glued down)

Does this happen when there are no external controllers connected? (So just mouse and keyboard).

@paste120 There are going to be Linux and MacOsX versions in the future... At the moment we're dealing with updating three different downloadables (just on Windows) as well as a webplayer. Sadly you're going to have to be a little patient before we try tackling OsX and Linux versions. (But they are going to happen)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic