Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:46:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBROFORCE (Online/Local Bro-op Platformer-Shooter with Explosions and Action)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: BROFORCE (Online/Local Bro-op Platformer-Shooter with Explosions and Action)  (Read 62549 times)
Am4T3uR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2013, 01:35:27 PM »

@Am4T3uR There are a bunch of bugs in the beta we'd like to iron out... (we're trying to put up a new beta tomorrow).

But the problem you've described appears to be unique. We're using very standard Unity input... do other Unity based games behave similarly?

I checked Unity based games on this page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_(game_engine)#Games_using_Unity
I only posess Rochard on this list and it plays like a charm. No bugs in that game. Even if it does not play with controller (only with mouse and keyboard)

Is the XBox pad you use a standard Microsoft Xbox controller? I'm clutching at straws here. I agree that it seems like the game is getting input saying one (or more) of you Xbox buttons is glued down.

Yes, it is a standard genuine Microsoft Xbox controller. It works fine on other games like Renegade Ops, Assault Android Cactus Demo, Trackmania 2 Canyon, Sine Mora and Waves. No button seems to be glued down.

Is there a stutter when you press escape during gameplay? (Which would be from the pause menu showing and then instantly resuming). (Which would validate the theory that the game thinks one (or more) of your inputs is glued down)

Yes, there is a stutter. If I press it repeatedly fast enough, I almost can read the menu. Moreover, at the very beginning of the program, just after the High Five intro, I hear a repeated "boom", while the title of the game, the lines telling this is a prototype and that the final game would be far more awesome, and the text telling "press x or enter to begin" (not sure if I remember this correctly) scroll up and disappear to bring me on the screen with the 4 green "A"s. Again, that very repeated "boom" tends to prove the game is receiving inputs.

Does this happen when there are no external controllers connected? (So just mouse and keyboard).

Yes, it does. I tried to disconnect all peripherals, just let keyboard (Razer Lycosa) and mouse (Logitech G500), but the bug still happens in the same way.

Thank you for investigating on this, keep it up  Coffee
Evan.Greenwood
Level 0

Indie Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2013, 05:35:46 AM »

@Am4T3uR Do you have any other USB peripherals? Like a hydra?

I spoke to the other programmer and apparently two other persons who had unusual USB setups had a similar issue (where their PC kept sending a key down signal). One person had a USB transcription pedal plugged in, and the other person had a Super Nes Controller.

I think what we're going to do is make the menus ignore constant input and only trust button down and button ups... which is sort of a hack.

It's going in the Broforce bug log... it shouldn't be too much work so we'll have it done in one of the near future beta updates.
Am4T3uR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2013, 11:04:31 AM »

@Am4T3uR Do you have any other USB peripherals? Like a hydra?

I spoke to the other programmer and apparently two other persons who had unusual USB setups had a similar issue (where their PC kept sending a key down signal). One person had a USB transcription pedal plugged in, and the other person had a Super Nes Controller.

I have a Nostromo N52 TE and a Thrustmaster Cougar. But I don't think those devices cause this bug, because the problem occured even when all controllers were unplugged. Unless the drivers of those devices, which are installed on my PC, cause the bug ... ?

By the way, the bug also occurs on the online beta (that one which is played on the internet browser, Chrome).
And that bug only occurs with Broforce .... Wait. I just tried Race the Sun, and in that game I have my ship constantly going left. I'll do a virus scan on my PC and check Chrome's extensions. I'll keep you posted.

I think what we're going to do is make the menus ignore constant input and only trust button down and button ups... which is sort of a hack.

It's going in the Broforce bug log... it shouldn't be too much work so we'll have it done in one of the near future beta updates.

If it would actually work, that'd be great.

Anyway, thank you and keep up the good work  Coffee

Edit 1 : virus scan done, nothing found; Chrome extensions cleaned up, bug's still here

Edit 2 : actually, sometimes the start button of the Xbox controller functions correctly, and if I press it during gameplay, it opens a menu (resume, drop out or main menu). But as soon as I return to the main menu, I can't choose anything, the game takes me back immediately to the menu with the 4 green "A".
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:51:20 PM by Am4T3uR » Logged
Am4T3uR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2013, 02:13:45 PM »

Some news.
I stopped playing this beta since the last time I posted here. Today I decided to give it a new try, so I just downloaded the latest version of the offline beta (the standalone october 29).
The bug's still here. The very same bug as the last time I described it.
Please do not release that game until this bug is corrected.  Shrug  The game itself is awesome, but unless this bug is corrected, I just can't choose anything from the starting menu.

Or maybe it is so on purpose ? Just because it's an offline beta, you can't play anything else than that solo campaign ?
Am4T3uR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2013, 04:02:24 PM »

I downloaded the October 30 version. The bug's still here, except that it only occurs on the starting menu. The pause menu, during gameplay, seems to work properly.

I'm still frustrated, because I can't explore the game options more.

Please try to fix this.

Keep up the good work  Coffee
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic