Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:02:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookDoorror v1.3 [FINISHED] (Two New Levels)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Doorror v1.3 [FINISHED] (Two New Levels)  (Read 59072 times)
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 03:52:59 PM »

Wow, this is a very clever game! Grin
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 12:10:30 PM »

Whoa this gets really hard toward the end.  I CANT SEE WHERE I'M GOING.
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 12:12:52 PM »

This game is complicated :D

___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »

Also:  I like your triangle rooms, Pencerkoff.
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 12:45:26 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff with plans for competition win

I have programmed in a candle that the main guy holds in the dark, which makes finding him easier and makes game little more creepy.

The story of game is to close down a mansion after a big party.  Your job as a servant is to turn off all the lights in each section of the mansion and to ask all the guests to leave.  However, the experiments your master has been running have gone terribly wrong and all his guests are evil and trying to kill you.  So instead of asking them to leave you must kill them all.

Each section of the mansion is one level, where you must kill off any monsters using your advanced door shutting and light switching skills.  Once you have killed everybody and turned the lights off, you progress to the next section.

The monsters include creepy laughing children that are harmless in the light but deadly killers in the dark, and can only be killed using bear traps conveniently placed about the mansion.  Another monster idea was some kind of dark terror that won't walk about but will guard a single room and die if you turn the lights on.

I can make more strange monsters, and I already have the final boss planned out, but I feel like I need more things in the game.  Any ideas out there?  Anything that the demo made you think?  Also any complaints about playing the demo? 

-PENCERKOFF

Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 07:06:14 PM »

I played the demo and I thought it was kind of hard. I was thinking it might be nice to have an 'easy' difficulty level with fewer rooms. Then you could even have an 'insane' difficulty level with even more rooms.

Of course, if you're making it so there are multiple levels, then you can have the initial levels be easier with fewer rooms, and then increase the number of rooms as you go on...

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 07:47:52 PM »

I like this level of complexity. Mind boggling, but allows for exploration and learning. Especially if the light is safe(ish), and the dark is not.
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2008, 01:47:30 AM »

This looks pretty cool so far. Interesting concept, good execution.

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2008, 05:34:25 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

Meet Doorror, she is creepy child in the light and a slightly less creepy demon in the dark.  She wanders the various rooms of the mansion, but is limited to only rooms with open doors.

I also made an enemy that doesn't move, and is nothing more than a pair of eyes in the dark that will die if the lights turn on.

Once I finish Doorror's animations I will make a bear trap (to kill her) and put out another demo.

-PENCERKOFF

Xenophobe
Level 0

wat fk

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 08:13:54 PM »

Every time you say "Hello this is Pencerkoff" I imagine it in the the voice of grinning cat.
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2008, 12:13:29 AM »

The skipping animation looks great. Were you planning on persistant corpses for this game, or will we get to see Dooror get gibbed?

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
ChevyRay
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 12:17:59 AM »

This is way too awesome. Keep it comin' Grin
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2008, 10:05:01 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

The skipping animation looks great. Were you planning on persistant corpses for this game, or will we get to see Dooror get gibbed?

I was planning on the bear trap being an item that can be placed in any room you choose.  Once set up, any character that walks by it while the lights are on will be smart enough to avoid it, but should the lights be off, you or any Doorrors running about will get "gibbed".  I suppose since the lights would be off that the Doorror death wouldn't look great, so if the player should turn the light back on for that room there will be some kind of creepy child Doorror Corpse.

-PENCERKOFF

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2008, 11:47:26 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

I have the newest demo out, and I think you will enjoy it much.  This demo has no goal except to show off all the animations I did, so don't think that turning all the lights off wins the game this time.

New:

Candle in the Dark
Doorror the Explorer
Lurking Terror
Main Character Animations More Complete
Bear Trap

File:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9154ebcd87fa3a19d2db6fb9a8902bda

-PENCERKOFF

___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 11:55:33 PM »

Wow, the animations are very nice.    Gentleman
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 07:28:40 AM »

Agreed! I like the animation of the player's character; it's smooth and natural-looking. Doorror's suitably creepy, too. The mechanics are more fun than the first version, now that there's more to do. Coming along nicely!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2008, 08:05:52 PM »

Damn good job so far - as said above, animations are great, and the game is still rather creepy despite the simplicity. Reminds me of some old windows game you find deep within the computer whilst procrastinating, or after rummaging through one's floppy disks - goodness knows where it came from, but there it is.

Shaping up to be a contender, I thinks.
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2008, 08:28:21 AM »

Pencerkoff! Where are yooouuuu?

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »

I don't know who makes these hilarious joke accounts, but didn't they also abandon the Heated Chef Battle game in the past competition? :(

policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2008, 11:16:46 AM »

I don't know who makes these hilarious joke accounts, but didn't they also abandon the Heated Chef Battle game in the past competition? Sad
Koto broke my heart.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic