Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:44:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookDoorror v1.3 [FINISHED] (Two New Levels)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Doorror v1.3 [FINISHED] (Two New Levels)  (Read 58974 times)
Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 11:52:39 AM »

Speak to me, Koff!!

Koffie, I loved you. I LOVED YOU LIKE A BROTHER AND A SON AT THE SAME TIME

increpare
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2008, 05:29:27 PM »

Just tried the v0.2 demo there.  Lovely idea.  Lots of possibilities for horror Smiley AAAND puzzle.
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2008, 12:06:54 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff
I don't know who makes these hilarious joke accounts, but didn't they also abandon the Heated Chef Battle game in the past competition? Sad
I haven't submitted a game since VGNG, unless you count Cosmic Bowling for a ClickTeam Competition. 

The Game is nearing final phase, I'll have it out in a few hours.

And screw the deadline being around Thanksgiving, I was invited to a friends house and it was good but I couldn't finish the game.

-PENCERKOFF

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2008, 07:52:40 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

GAME DONE
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9154ebcd87fa3a19d2db6fb9a8902bda
Expect a ~5MB version by tonight, the music didn't compress right.  Also the sounds may not be there.  And yeah, I know this is sort of late.  According to my computer it's May of 1993, so I'm using that as an excuse.

Didn't get everything done I had planned.  I think the main problem is that I wanted to make a game in 2-weeks using MMF2 because it would be simple and quick.  Then the deadline went crazy and the project got big and then MMF2 started to suck hard.  At least I don't own a legal copy of MMF2, otherwise I would feel bad about it all.

-PENCERKOFF

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2008, 11:44:26 AM »

I agree about the deadline sucking. Options: Enjoy Thanksgiving dinner, or rush frantically to finish compo? Hmmm.

Anyway, I'll try this in a few moments.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 12:09:04 PM »

This game is awesome! Beer!

Main feedback right now is the first level. The instructions are quite clear enough. Maybe have the butler tell you that you have to left click on doors to go through them?
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2008, 12:23:42 PM »

Excellent. This game was fantastic. I'm at the part wear you have to use the bear trap to kill the doorors.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2008, 12:49:36 PM »

Otherwise great, but in the first level with the shadow eye thing, when I put lights on/off, it plays the "eat player" animation and stucks there, and even when I put the lights on in that room, it doesn't die so I can't win that level :<

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2008, 03:21:56 PM »

Same problem as Hempuli.
MashPotato
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2008, 05:09:30 PM »

I'm enjoying this game, good job! Smiley

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 11:30:45 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

Otherwise great, but in the first level with the shadow eye thing, when I put lights on/off, it plays the "eat player" animation and stucks there, and even when I put the lights on in that room, it doesn't die so I can't win that level :<

You're right, and I'll fix that in version 1.1, which I should post later tonight.  There will be sound and a save-game coming in that version too.

EDIT: Crap, my patch will have to wait.  I'll get it out tomorrow morning hopefully.

-PENCERKOFF
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:44:35 PM by Pencerkoff » Logged

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2008, 01:09:45 PM »

Excellent work! This turned out really good. I found the initial demos a little tricky, but when the mechanics are introduced individually like this, there's a clear sense of progression, and you get a feel for what you're doing. I look forward to v1.1!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2008, 02:28:42 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff with finished game

PATCHED GAME v1.1 (10.24 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9154ebcd87fa3a19d2db6fb9a8902bda
Fixed the volume levels, sounds, saving, smarter high-scores menu, bugs with certain monsters, a bear-trap issue, and added some different room colors.  If you beat all 12 levels, you can play any level you wish from the High Score menu.

Excellent work! This turned out really good. I found the initial demos a little tricky, but when the mechanics are introduced individually like this, there's a clear sense of progression, and you get a feel for what you're doing. I look forward to v1.1!

Thank you, Synnah.  I felt like the game starts slow because I introduced everything one level at a time, so it is nice to know someone liked it.  My only regret is not making more levels near the end, I may add a few more in a later patch... though that would be probably a week from now.

-PENCERKOFF

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2008, 04:01:05 AM »

Pencerkoff, this is really quite good. Not that I had any doubts, mind, but you've kind of nailed the trial-and-error gameplay as so it's difficult, whilst not becoming frustrating. You've got a good learning curve. Also fairly (surprisingly?) creepy.

I agree with Synnah, the slow introduction of stuff, and the little story at the start of each level makes you feel like you're genuinely progressing. I think a Vote is in order.

Beer!
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2008, 08:17:57 AM »

Pencerkoff Studios is making quite a name for itself!
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 09:10:57 AM »

I'm stuck on the EMP Device Technician level. There's one bad wiring switch I can't activate and EMP device technician description is the same as bear trap expert's.

Cry
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »

Uhmm.... Am I dumb or something... but how do you finish the second level? He says I should close all doors, but those switches on the wall aren't clickable Sad

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2008, 01:14:51 PM »

Uhmm.... Am I dumb or something... but how do you finish the second level? He says I should close all doors, but those switches on the wall aren't clickable Sad
You don't close them with the switches. Mouse over stuff in the pre-level screen for all kinds of useful info!

Short version: Right click.

Also, it doesn't seem to be saving  Undecided
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2008, 08:51:45 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

Also, it doesn't seem to be saving  Undecided

Is anyone else having this trouble?  Mine is saving.  The game auto-saves whenever you enter the "Butler" screen, so maybe if you start a new game whatever progress you had made is lost.  Also, "continue" should only be used once a game is started or loaded.  Hope that helps, but let me know if that doesn't. 

I also am fixing the EMP device description as well as giving the device sound.  If you can't wait for the patch, here it is:

EMP Device Technititan
  You found the "on switch" of this massively complex device your master once invented.

Interface
  Left click on your character when in good lighting to prep the device, then click again to activate it

-PENCERKOFF

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2008, 10:01:20 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

I'm stuck on the EMP Device Technician level. There's one bad wiring switch I can't activate and EMP device technician description is the same as bear trap expert's.

Cry

I may have not positioned one of the switches correctly, but that level is beatable, so I guess ignore it.  If you still can't beat it let me know.

Also I patched the game again.

-PENCERKOFF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic