Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:48:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookDoorror v1.3 [FINISHED] (Two New Levels)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Doorror v1.3 [FINISHED] (Two New Levels)  (Read 59075 times)
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2008, 06:39:54 AM »

It skips the first "eyes" level now.  Smiley
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2008, 10:50:29 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

It skips the first "eyes" level now.  Smiley

I don't know.  Every time you end a level I tell my "current level" variable to add one to itself, but every once in a while it must execute twice, because I've skipped level 5 before.  And I never skipped it afterward, despite the coding not changing.  Once you beat the game you can go back and play anything you missed. 

Any update on if saving works now?  I just copied the saving system from my Sloth of the Blood God game.  If you are getting pissed at playing the early levels too much, I can tell you a cheat code I put in the game I used for debugging that'll free up all the levels (using the High Score Menu).

-PENCERKOFF

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2008, 11:17:30 AM »

Yep, saving works.
lukipuk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2008, 07:16:24 PM »

I may have not positioned one of the switches correctly, but that level is beatable, so I guess ignore it.  If you still can't beat it let me know.
Hi, the game is great, but I cant beat that EMP-technician level too...Butler says I need to close all doors and turn of lights, but when I do it, nothing happens...Is it a bug or Am I missing something?
Thanks and good luck in competition! You got my vote Wink
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2008, 06:43:28 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

I may have not positioned one of the switches correctly, but that level is beatable, so I guess ignore it.  If you still can't beat it let me know.
Hi, the game is great, but I cant beat that EMP-technician level too...Butler says I need to close all doors and turn of lights, but when I do it, nothing happens...Is it a bug or Am I missing something?

I don't know.  At least that's the last level.  If you can go back to that level, try pressing "m".  I used that to debug the level, it should skip the level so you can at least see my pathetic end-screen and then play any level you want.  My next patch should fix that up, if I figure out what's gone wrong, that is.

At the request of a friend, I'll be making another set of 12 levels to go after the first 12.  It'll be a while I suspect, I plan on making 3 bosses, 2-3 new enemies, and two more items to use.  Regardless of whether voting starts soon, I'll be making a note inside the game that levels 13-24 aren't to be considered for the competition.

That means if any of you have some gnarly suggestions now is a good time.  Currently my plan is to make some of the party guests Zombies, a new Doorror that just flys all over the screen, and a chainsaw.  The main goal, though, will be to make some solid puzzles that are challenging and not frustrating.

-PENCERKOFF

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2008, 06:26:46 PM »

Heh, this is actually my favorite game I've played so far. Pretty cool concept, well executed. Dora the Explorer has never been so scary.  Smiley

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2008, 09:29:45 PM »

I really like this game.

I haven't been able to beat the last level either. I killed everything, shut all the doors, and then used the EMP device. But the level doesn't end. Also there appears to be an invisible party guest in one of the rooms (the top left?). Sometimes he kicks me, but I can't see him.

The puzzles are fun, and as others have said, progress nicely from easy to difficult. You've definitely got my vote.
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2008, 05:59:27 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

I haven't been able to beat the last level either. I killed everything, shut all the doors, and then used the EMP device. But the level doesn't end. Also there appears to be an invisible party guest in one of the rooms (the top left?). Sometimes he kicks me, but I can't see him.

Thanks Sparky!  It's very comforting to know that people will still vote for me even though my game has all these bugs.  The Party Guest Sprite, though located off-screen when I'm not using him in a level, will sometimes effect the main character.  I really should just delete him at the start of the frame... even though it is very funny.

-PENCERKOFF

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2008, 05:04:52 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff,

*First Post Updated With Next Version OF Game*

I have added two new levels to my game (not to be considered in competition).  I am curious to see if anyone can beat level 14, I think I made it too hard.

Every level can be played from the High Scores menu, even out of order if you wish.

I think I fixed level 12 too.

-PENCERKOFF

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2008, 02:33:01 PM »

This is surprisingly good, actually!

Great job, Kev! Beer!

VladErmakov
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2009, 10:59:23 AM »

Hello, this is Ermakoff :D
Its genius game, like on this game only PSP`s "Exit". For me this - best indie game of October 2008 (of cource, after World Of Goo)
Очень классная игра, так держать)) Только вот серп и молот немного не в тему, ну да ладно))) Russians are conquer the world!! XD
Sorry for my curved englsh))
-ERMAKOFF :D

Sorry for my English.. I`m study
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2018, 05:11:29 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff... FROM THE FUTURE

I had a request to upload the game again.  The way I remember it, it crashes on the last level but the fact that most of it works is a miracle.  Multimedia Fusion 2 was on the wrong side of history.

https://workupload.com/file/97nasksB

- Pencerkoff

Willhart
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2019, 11:48:50 AM »

I had a request to upload the game again.
Thank you. I was about to do this too.

This game is very cool and memorable I think, and I'd be interested to know if you have made other stuff since.

Edit: also can you update the link on the first post too?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic