Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:53:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUnrest - RPG set in ancient India
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Unrest - RPG set in ancient India  (Read 3684 times)
Arvind
Level 0

Cheesy motivational one-liner goes here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 05:17:18 PM »

A two hour long video where me and Rutskarn (the game's writer) talk about the development process.

We will be back for the final six hours of Kickstarter, so if you want to join us (no backing required!), feel free to visit the Chocolate Hammer channel in about 15 hours from now!

Arvind
Level 0

Cheesy motivational one-liner goes here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 11:51:13 AM »

Long time no updates (sorry). I've been really busy, but on the plus side, we're almost done with the first chapter of the game (four left now). Also:

We can load and show small interior areas directly from the level, which should mean less time spent in loading screens and more time spent playing the game.

A normal hut when the player is away from it

Hut cross section when the player comes near it

We also dim the background a little when you open up a UI screen such as the inventory, map etc – a minor tweak, but helps a lot in making sure the player’s attention is on the screen they opened and in differentiating between the interactive and inactive areas.

The world map

Some sprites from the game

Now for the big news: The Unrest Soundtrack, titled “Voices of Bhimra” is done and ready to be distributed to our backers. It contains twelve tracks inspired by classical Indian music, and will be available in MP3, FLAC and OGG file formats.

You can listen to the album here.

Also, our monthly development livestream featuring me, Rutskarn, Ian and Mikk will be live on Sunday, 18th August, 2013 at 5 PM GMT. Join us to see Unrest in motion, and ask us a bunch of questions about the game!

Love,
Arvind

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic