Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:34:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudio"There Shall Be Lancing" EP
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "There Shall Be Lancing" EP  (Read 1342 times)
Steparnicus
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2013, 07:21:23 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd divert your attention to a soundtrack I worked on a couple of weeks back for Sophie Houlden's "There Shall Be Lancing" game.  It was shown at this years No Quarter event and there was a post about it on Kotaku yesterday so I thought I'd share it  Smiley

The brief was for Electro Swing Dubstep, which I didn't know was a thing until after I had almost finished the battle theme  Big Laff  

It was my first time using samples of other, actual songs, in my tracks and to be honest felt quite a lot like cheating.  But I figured as the game was intended to be freeware it shouldn't cause too many problems.

Anyway, you can listen to the tracks here:

https://soundcloud.com/stephenhart27/sets/there-shall-be-lancing

Let me know what you guys think!

(Oh and I am also the voice of the announcer if you ever end up playing the game)

EDIT: I accidentally the Kotaku link
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:35:46 AM by Steparnicus » Logged

johnfn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 09:13:11 AM »

I liked it. The combination of genres was pretty neat. A few wubs felt a little out of place (e.g. in the second song) but overall it was quite cool :-)

I'm working on Dream Harbor, a time-rewriting action-RPG, I run a music competition website, and I do other stuff too sometimes.
Steparnicus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 01:35:40 AM »

Thanks for checking it out =)  Yeah there's a few off beat wubs just for my own amusement really   Durr...?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic