Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:26:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Unfallen
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The Unfallen  (Read 3497 times)
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 09:15:48 AM »

Impressive work so far! Especially considering the fact that you're apparently the only one working in this. I applaud your persistence.  Hand Clap

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 10:55:51 AM »

These guys look like a Cossack dance team rehearsing for Eurovison!

Seriously, though, this is awesome work.  Lovely moody visuals and an intriguing story.  I look forward to seeing how it develops.

Virion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 06:13:53 AM »

Still working on the level. Arranged some more models around the level and trying my best to make it more natural-looking and interesting.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:30:48 AM by Virion » Logged
Virion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 06:58:40 PM »

Did a quick sketch of the main character. I probably will make him fully armored (except head) because in the game player can only change the weapon and not the costume (otherwise I would not be able to finish it at all) The scar on the head was intentionally added, it's linked to the storyline. This is not the final design yet.

Virion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »

Some quick sketch I did for a little monster.
It's a candle-like metalic creature which appears near volcanic area. Blacksmiths like to keep them as pet and use them to produce high quality swords due to the perfect "black flame" it can produce from its mouth.

Also I have found the old 3D models I did for this game 4-5 years ago.
It's basically a plant-like creature which screams and shoot deadly beam/wave to kill its preys and later consume them. It's similar concept to the screaming plant in Harry Potter movie.

wupto
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 10:45:10 AM »

Looking very very good so far! Keep it up.
Virion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 08:51:39 AM »

I'm thinking to change the main character design again but just in my mind for now, I didn't draw it out on paper. I will try to make it less armored instead of my previous idea which is fully armored. The reason behind this is because I want to make him more "god-like" - fighting with huge monsters without any armor! This will give player the sense that he is definitely not a mortal being. Wizard

Anyway since I have some rough idea but not entirely sure about the costume yet, so I started to model the head first, body will come later.

So far:
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic