Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:50:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsParty Leader
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Party Leader  (Read 1572 times)
shs
« on: May 15, 2013, 10:12:34 PM »

edit: I've stopped developing this game. Nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:10:25 PM by shs » Logged
shs
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 09:01:37 PM »

I made my first batch of player abilities. These tool tips are created in game, and 100% reflective of that character's stats, buffs and debuffs.

40-50 (which isn't THAT many) more and I should be set for awhile.
shs
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »

I created another set of abilities today. The idea bin is getting light, but it still has some steam left.

shs
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 11:12:44 AM »

I made some adjustments to the map generator today (not by choice.) It works faster now but still occasionally demands a blood sacrifice.

Here's one random map. It took about 5-10 seconds to make. It's shrunken down about 1000% so the detail is destroyed, but it's a forest, a bridge going over a river and a tangled up cave. The arrows (they show up in game) are stairs, and the dots (added by me) are minibosses (green), dungeon boss (red), and optional true dungeon bosses(pinkish)

I also added the hidden treasure rooms. They look like this:
Barch
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 01:39:05 PM »

A traveling merchant went to the home of a village elder one night, knocking on the door furiously.  When the old man opened the door, he appraised the merchant with a look of recognition and implored him:

"Please, come in, have a seat, enjoy some stew I've made."

The merchant, in a huff, ignored the plea and began to vent.

"Elder, many times have I come to this village to display my wares.  A year ago, I brought exotic inks and brushes, and was ignored.  Last summer, I came with beautiful tapestries, and yet none gave them a second look.  In the winter, I sought an apprentice to teach my trade to, and none offered.  In the spring, I came with a cart of wholesome grains, and they fermented in their bags for want of being purchased.  And today I come again to your village, seeking to open a stall, perhaps to better learn the ways of this village, and yet none would assist me in this endeavor.  So I ask you, though I have visited this place many times, and found no quarrel; what must I do to not be cast aside like a stranger?"

The elder, looking up from his meal, simply implored the merchant once more:

"Please, come in, have a seat, enjoy some stew I've made."

And the merchant was enlightened.
shs
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »

So I did take a vacation from making this. At one early point I wrote the game off as a lost cause and started working on other things only to return to this game stronger than ever, but it didn't last. The battle system I ended up creating was not what I originally envisioned, and while trying to redesign it I lost all sight of what I was trying to make. Rather than linger in development hell forever I decided to move on. I don't know if anyone enjoyed my brief venture into boss and ability creation, but this is officially the end it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic