Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 02:22:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKuruko Sandbox Update: 11.06.13 (Exploration, Day/Night, Resources)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kuruko Sandbox Update: 11.06.13 (Exploration, Day/Night, Resources)  (Read 995 times)
Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2013, 01:28:38 PM »

KURUKO

What type of game is Kuruko?

A sandbox game.

What are the main features of Kuruko?

Construct worlds by gathering resources to build 'Projects' such as, housing, various facilities and automation options!

Skills you can build as you advance into the game for example; cooking, construction, mining and more!

Exploration consisting of finding interesting minerals and rare items, puzzle solving, and making discoveries!

'Kuruko Science' such as testing materials in one of your constructed project buildings
 and unleashing new possibilities into your already rich world!

Completely open source project, allowing you to fully customize and mod your game should you wish to do so!

Any screenshots?

I am a programmer therefore the art is a unique blocky style created by me.

Here is a shot from 01.06.13:

Will update this thread semi-often with progress updates. More so when there's more to see.

When will the game be available?

I aim to release an Alpha build late Summer.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:24:57 AM by Nytician » Logged
Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 12:30:57 PM »

Update initial post with an easy to understand overview and some taste images. Let me know what you think!
Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 11:47:53 AM »

Updated the thread with an early screenshot of one of the first things you see when you start the game. The 'Kuruko Console'.

More coming soon, questions welcome!
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 12:01:05 PM »

what im interested in is the intake, energy, and kgen icons in the top of the screen. what are those going to do/are able to do?

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 12:28:12 PM »

Okie dokie Wink.

I just noticed I got the icons the wrong way round, its meant to be bed for energy and fruit for the Intake.  Facepalm

While the ways of obtaining these three aren't confirmed yet they will play a part in your characters 'needs' in effect.

Intake is pretty much hunger of sorts, energy will require you to rest or do things to relax. (For example rather than build or exploring you might be able to do something to one of your projects.

Finally K-Gen is one of the first scientific elements I've added to the game and will be a vital one. K-Gen will be used to do a selection of things from exacting materials, constructing projects and also eventually in the 'Kuruko Science' part of the game.

More details soon but this is the general direction im going with this, and I've left room on that display for one or two more.
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 07:50:41 AM »

sounds good! thanks Tongue

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 08:27:03 AM »

What does the name Kuruko mean?

Kuruko is the name of the JavaScript based computer game I'm coding.

That doesn't answer the question, it answers "What is Kuruko"
Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 09:20:58 AM »

Hah I know It was very late when I typed this up, I've removed it.

Basically what I meant is that the name is irrelevant really... just something I thought up!
Nytician
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 10:24:23 AM »

Good Evening,

Been a little while but here's an update on the progress of Kuruko, just wanted to make sure I had something a little interesting to show off.

Since last time:

#Fixed Bugs
#Updated Art
#Added Key Commands
#Display List Scroll Resources
#Added Timers to User Needs
#Added Basic Day/Night Cycle
#Ground Work for Explore System

Screenshots:

Next Up?

#Completing Basic Explore
#Implementing Inventory System

F.A.Q 11.06.2013

Can you enhance on what Kuruko is?

Kuruko is a 2D non-scrolling game where you control everything through various windows. The goal is to manage a world and enjoy life, you choose what you wish to do. Automate the production of various materials through 'projects' (such as farms, energy efficient factories and more), explore the world and find 'locations' that will enhance your life and provide you with rare items and blueprints, delve into 'Kuruko science' and create new elements to change the face of your world.

From the start of the game can you describe what kind of game play you'd expect?

Yup, so from the beginning of the game you'll be greeted with a voice acted introduction to the 'Kuruko project' and its origins followed by the Kuruko Console providing you with a list of things you can do with your program (world). Initially most people will want to build projects to build a working world. You'd head into 'World Explorer' and then 'Explore' to start finding the basic materials and resources for a house and food. You would press the 'X' key and wait for a short timer to complete which would then show you what you've found (not just items, but locations, artifacts, 'glitches' etc). Next you'd proceed to the 'Projects' page and choose from the available blueprints, which would show you the resources needed to build. (Emphasis is on the projects, items and exploration and less on crafting recipes although the way you unlock blueprints should be interesting in itself).

So in conclusion I'm half writing all of this for myself to keep my mind on the right direction but things are shaping up nicely, I'm pleased with the progress of 'Explore' and think it'll be great fun to see it come together.

As usual leave your comments and thoughts below, thanks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic