Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:14:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookThe Song of the Seas
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Song of the Seas  (Read 2578 times)
BluWacky
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2008, 11:48:55 AM »

The last game I ever wrote was a text adventure called The Castle of Dr Madd when I was 8 for the BBC Micro.  It had a murderous bird, a secret lab in the catacombs with hideous experiments, and ridiculous action sequences that could only be won by trial and error.  All that AND the Riddle of the Sphinx!

I'm a bit bored of an evening at the moment, and despite having next to no programming ability whatsoever beyond GOTO 10 (and not even that these days), I quite fancy having a go at doing something for this competition.  I know I have no hope of getting anywhere with this but I think it's still worth a shot.

So I'm going to teach myself beginner's Inform 7 and see how it goes over the next few weeks, I'm sure I can put something short together.  Hopefully it may even have puzzles!

I've gone with one of the first on the list as it ties into so many of the Cthulhu/Lovecraftian ideas...

3    The shores of Attica respond in song to the waves of the Aegean.

I'm thinking investigative reporters, mass suicides, repetitive night time scenes with hideous music described in flowery prose, and maybe the occasional tentacle-induced puzzle.  We'll have to wait and see if anything comes of it...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic